• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Seem both fine to me. Think i will be fine with doing a cold boot everytime

Just to be clear here, we've tested this across multiple consoles and we're seeing the same results. If anyone has seen footage of resume from sleep that's 5 seconds, I'd love to see it to see what's different. I am measuring both from the point I press the button to wake the consoles up, and you can see that clearly in the video.

Updates in threadmarks

Last edited:
Pushsquare test. Different results

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna have to do cold boot, so I'm happy with this.
(they only fit in closed cabinets I do not want them in rest mode with no air flow. Will open cabinets when I play )

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
LOL wouldn't be something if the Xbox Series consoles ended up having the faster load times and the PS5 had the better BC

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Bravo to the X for going so fast.

My life is not so hectic that I'm going to stress about 10 additional seconds to resume from standby.

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
I always powered down my Xbox One so the improved boot time is going to make a nice QoL difference. I'd use standby so it could download updates automatically but the Series X still uses far too much power in that mode for my liking.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Series X is super impressive.

That said, ps5 BC is a lot better than I expected, not a match for SX, but a super competent effort.

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
It's kind of ridiculous that with consoles this powerful you'll be able to go from standby to the point you were last at in a AAA game in about 15-30 seconds.

Gradly

Nov 11, 2017
Nice but I saw that there's multiple option for PS5 standby (optimized and low-power etc)

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
14 seconds is nothing. Which makes XSX unbelievably impressive at 4.

Great all round tbh.

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
I would guess it's because their OS is more robust than Microsoft's last gen OS.

I don't believe that is insulting to say about Microsoft, the OS is shared with weaker systems.

What an odd thing to say/ the xbox dashboard was reengineered recently so thats the main impact you are seeing. i assume PS5 is loading less things on demand than XSX

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to the series X team, what an insane machine, the software implementation has helped greatly this go around

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Shit.. it takes 4 seconds to get my creaky old ass comfortable in my gaming chair after picking up the controller/turning the console on so that's pretty much instant for me on Xbox

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
That seems pretty good for both. Surprised to see Series X do so well in these tests.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I get about 5 seconds from Rest Mode to the User Login screen. Then another 3 seconds from User Login to a suspended game. Didn't watch his video so not sure what he's doing differently to me, but those are the numbers I've been getting.

More in my review here: https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/11/ps5_review_-_the_future_of_playstation#loading-times

That's much faster than Tom's times. Will be interesting to see videos of this from different people.