• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I want this to happen so badly. We hadn't had a mass effect game since the PS3 and 360 generation* and I am more than ready to dive back in, if the remaster/remake has decent upgrades.

Andromeda never happened

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
I need this now...!
558e1471-f45f-4d62-9b92jx1.gif

Feb 5, 2018
What I'd give for a revised ending to ME3. I know they won't but there is so much they could do to improve there before moving forward with the series. Still remember all the indoctrination theories man, nostalgic.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Hell yes man so damn excited for this. Love this franchise and even Andromeda so I hope this gives it be life and I hope someday they continue to add to andromeda story in the games.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
I know I'm in the minority, but I'm really bummed the incredible multiplayer isn't coming along for the ride.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
we are all in agreement that andromeda never happened yeah?

good.

I'm excited for this.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
But I don't want old games I've already played through and was done with a decade ago, but with better graphics!
I don't know why anyone does, why people are so excited about replaying these games because they now promise better graphics to some extent.
I'd rather play Andromeda for the first time.

But even with that being the case, it's always good that ports to more recent platforms get to exist, for the sake of availability and game preservation.
Some people are yet to play these games, and now it'll be easier for them. And with better graphics to some yet to be known extent!

I expect ME2 and 3 to play exactly the same, but ME1 could be kind of an interesting remake as they'll probably try to turn the gameplay into ME2, because ME1 was kind of rough even when it was new.

Last edited:

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
I'd be excited if they converted the trilogy in a single game, ideally that played like the first...ME2 was fun and had awesome dlc, but I preferred RPG effect.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
One takes way fewer resources than the other and doesn't require bringing back every single voice actor/actress to record new dialogue.

I wouldn't be so sure. Making ME1's combat as good as the other two games isn't an easy task. I'm not sure how much they are changing, but if that's their goal, then it will take a lot of work. And reworking Priority: Earth would be as much work as a DLC like Citadel, so certainly doable.

I think for potential new players, having ME1 with good combat would be much more important. But for older fans a better ending for ME3 would probably be more welcome.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
I remember watching fan trailers for ME3 at the time, I was so excited for that game. Ended up loving most of it too (apart from the ending obviously).

I hope there is a bit more to it than simply improved textures and higher resolution since you can get that on PC with mods already but I'll probably replay the trilogy anyway once this comes out. Still one of my favorite franchises.

Tiber

Nov 1, 2017
Can't wait for Mass Effect remastered.

Hopefully they don't screw it up, then move on to a First Contact War game

UnsungKing

Dec 31, 2019
One good ending away from being the greatest video game trilogy of all time.

Don't screw this up EA.