• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
I hope so. Would love to see what people can make with an increased resource budget.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
Dreams would be a great fit for PC. Especially if they allow for nice import and export options.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, MM being coy about a port in the GameInformer coverage was pretty telling. It makes perfect sense.

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Nintendo game PC releases when?

Microsoft: *dives straight into the PC pool*
Playstation: *steps its tippy toes in and feels the temp*
Nintendo: "what's a PC?"

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Dreams needs to go on PC to increase the community potential.

Hell they shouldn't be shy about actually publishing this one on additional platforms really, in the same way that Minecraft is everywhere

xch1n

Oct 27, 2017
Game Informer (and now Minn Max) have been beating this drum for a while now. They apparently asked about PC and got the most wishy washy nonanswer so they took it to mean "we can't say but pretty much."

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dreams makes more sense their anything else in Sony's portfolio. It's tailor-made for a keyboard and mouse.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I have a PS4 Pro, but Dreams is something I'd much rather have on PC, especially considering how good it would be with mouse and keyboard support.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
YES!!! This makes a ton of sense. Fits their multiplayer GAAS stuff on PC announcement, and PC players creating stuff will greatly benefit the game. I'm so in!!!

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Dreams is perfect for PC. Hopefully this and Horizon coming to PC means Sony is willing to release more of their stuff there sooner or later.

Oct 25, 2017
I think it might be very helpful for serious creators to be able to work with a keyboard and mouse and then just click play and grab the controller.

I may be underestimating how well people can get acclimated to the current UI, though.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I think at least as far as creations sake goes, a mouse and keyboard would help out greatly. Really nice fit for PC.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo game PC releases when?

Microsoft: *dives straight into the PC pool*
Playstation: *steps its tippy toes in and feels the temp*
Nintendo: "what's a PC?"
Nintendo has no need to come to PC anytime soon. They've successfully trained the market to pay full price for their first party software years after launch and they still believe heavily in creating unique hardware to entice users to invest in their titles.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait to see the 18+ modding community get their hands on this. Oh, the monstrosities that await us.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
This needs to happen. I had a pretty awesome project brewing in Dreams, but after putting so much work into it and realizing that the audience to see it was going to be so tiny and non-profitable, it kind of sucked my motivation away.

I doubt theyll have a way for us to use Dreams as an actual engine to create standalone games, but I hope they do.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Makes total sense. At that point you basically have the PC community help bring small indie-like games to the PlayStation platform.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Don't expect that given the way it works, it'd break things.
The mod tools are built in. I think the person means that PC gamers are used to creating things in games. The same tools available to players are used by the developers to create missions. Skyrim has creation tools, and LBP is pretty much creation tools in game form.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I choose to believe it's the Hunter's Dream meaning BLOODBORNE BAYBEEEEEEE

(but yeah, for creation games to really have a chance, PC is almost required)