• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Come on now. No one has ever regreted buying a time share.

Right?????????

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
You think he accumulated a net worth of over 68,000,000,000 Bells with just two workers!

Nook inc. is one of the largest exploiters of child labor in the world. He outsourced the majority of his company's labor to parts of the animal kingdom where he doesn't have to pay taxes, livable wages, and the workers aren't offered much in the way of legislative protection.
You got it twisted.

Nook didn't make that much money with two workers. He made it with one: himself.

Nook is, first and foremost, a carpenter. The loan he gives you has a bell value assigned to it, but he's not actually giving you money, he is giving you labor. His own labor.

"How can he amass that fortune with so little labor?"

I don't know. I couldn't tell you. But he's built over thirty-two million houses. The vast majority of them never get paid off. But he keeps doing it. And he knows that he can, because he is giving to the community with the one resource he knows he cannot run out of: the work of his own hands.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
Tom Nook lives the american dream. Scamming you out of money. Committing genocide of native populations and taking their land, just to eventually sell it to people for capitalist gains, and hoarding wealth.
This one actually got a little too real to be funny, for me; joking about the genocide of indigenous populations make me sick to my stomach

Last edited:

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
An orphanage that trains assassins
Yeah and who killed all those kids' parents huh?
Ever notice how you don't ever see Tom Nook and Tony Soprano in the same room?
csGkN6U.jpg
Yea but I did this in the yakuza games too so i'm wise to Nooks tricks
Tom Nook doesn't talk about what happened to the natives on his "deserted" island.
You won't believe what the mic picked up after the debate. Let's just say Isabelle and Bernie are not on good terms :(
This thread is absolutely hilarious

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
You need to be careful. Nook is reaching cult leader status. He's got his own private island nation now. Making morning addresses to his followers. Creating closed loop cell phone networks. Lots of bad stuff could go down if you push him the wrong way. Lots of lives are at stake now.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Mushroom is just trying to hide the fact that Tom Nook evades taxes, is a billionaire, has magically found a deserted island, and gives out interest free loans for nothing? This man is a monster.
Tom Nook invests his profits back into the local economy - providing residents with retail opportunities that are tailored to their needs. He's even attracted other local entrepreneurs in the textile, fashion, and ghost industry to these small communities - all without having to beg for Bells from hardworking citizens like the Mayor's office.

Why else do you think a career government professional like Isabelle jumped at the opportunity to join Nook on this new society, separated from the restrictive "legal norms" of the old administration?

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

So that's why he gets humans and animals from to join his new towns. This makes so much sense. Cultivate orphans and then when they are old enough, feed into their desire for a home and to feel like they belong, and turn them into slaves.

Yeah and who killed all those kids' parents huh?

This also makes sense. The towns then provide unlimited supply of children, to put into orphanages to brainwash.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
Look, shit on him all you want but face the facts:

Would Tom Nook nominate Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court? No.

Would Tom Nook bend over to the NRA? No.

Would Tom Nook defend Roger Stone and lessen his prison sentence? No.

Would Tom Nook pull out of the Paris Accords? No.

Tom Nook is electable and just the leader America is looking for. Consider what we'd have if Tom Nook was elected instead in 2016.

ReactionShot

Oct 25, 2017
The media's been saying some pretty negative things about
Tom Nook
But what are
Real Animals
saying?

Amelia the Eagle said:
The guy is a winner.
Bunnie the Rabbit said:
Cobb the Pig said:
He's the only one who's actually created jobs.
Étolie the Sheep said:
He literally wrote the book on negotiating.
Hopper the Penguin said:
Nook is an outsider. The town hall needs that.
Lucky the Dog said:
I think he can make this town great again.

So when people as why you support
Tom Nook
You just tell them

Amelia the Eagle said:
He's gonna take our economy from here ⛺ to here 🌆. I like that.
Bunnie the Rabbit said:
He's not some cautious mayor's assistant. He says what I am thinking.
Cobb the Pig said:
I don't know what it is. I just like the guy.
Étolie the Sheep said:
Some of his business practices sounds a little out there. But I like he is looking towards solutions.
Hopper the Penguin said:
He is definitely not hypocritical.
Lucky the Dog said:
So why do I support Tom Nook? Three words: Good. At. Business.

A message from Animals for Tom Nook.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017
TBH i think anyone who hates on Tom Nook and his long history of providing interest free housing loans has never had to pay a rent check in their life.

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
I see the "interest-free loans" defense thrown around a lot, but he does force you into another even larger loan immediately upon repayment without disclosing it first multiple times.

Tell me that's ethical.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Reading AC threads are like reading Eve Online threads. Haven't played both of them and still are fun to read about.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Why is the currency in Animal Crossing bells? Ill tell you why. That orphanage 3 towns over is attached to Nooks Bell factory. The currency used to be Apples until Tom Crook started flooding the economy with bells. Thats why he will happily loan you interest free bells. Costs him nothing but more visitors means the value of the bell increases and makes him exponentially richer every time someone new moves in.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
I've always been understanding of Nook, but I admit I was very surprised this time to see him as the authoritarian leader figure of a tropical island banana republic .

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
Listen, there's nothing benevolent about him. There has to be alterior motives involved.

First of all, where is Nook getting this money to loan you?
He made some good turnip investments in the early 2000s, and now he's paying it forward.

I'm very disappointed at all this slander being thrown around. The man's giving people housing, and a sense of purpose, without any of the pressure or interest. He puts the needs of the community before personal gain, illustrated by the fact that he donates 90% of his earnings to good causes like orphanages. He's also out there creating inter-species utopias, where cats, dogs, and mice can co-exist peacefully. If anything, he deserves a statue.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
I'll take his 90% of bells going to an orphanage as canon.

But I want to know how Nook Inc found so many deserted islands.
The Animal Crossing universe is post-apocalyptic, but unlike Splatoon where humanity's survival attempt failed and only aquatic creatures were uplifted, humanity succeeded at hiding in bunkers for several thousand years while all kinds of animals hyper-evolved in their absence. Now in the present day humans are a superminority in a world where sapient animals largely haven't explored the oceans due to complacently piggybacking off of the ruins of old humanity, and because Tom Nook is more competent than most of them and knows a real estate opportunity when he sees one, he's taking advantage of the now-undeveloped island chains across the globe to turn the most massive of profits yet.

Also no regulations.