• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tom gives us interest-free loans without deadlines. I don't know who started the idea that he is some sort of loan shark or mobster, but under his rule, literally everybody gets a house for free until they want to upgrade.

Same deal with his vacation packages. Unlimited, free vacations at a starter level in a place where you have the means to earn your own way to an upgrade at your own pace.

I don't give a shit how much money he's making with this plan given the unmitigated value of it to literally everybody who lives in this small town.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
0e1.gif

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I mean, Nook is nice and all...

...but I'm still dubious on his scheme to make us chop down trees, capture bugs and overfish the landscape just to pay off his loans...so he gets the money AND the produce.

Like I bet he sells the fish we sell him for a bigger profit too!

Oct 28, 2017
Nook is one of those high profile mobsters that never forgets where he came from and takes great care of the town and it's people.

Before it was your town? It was his town. He's simply letting you think you run things.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
there's no reason to bring divisive topics like politics into the game industry. they should be neutral venues for entertainment.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The latest smear campaign to take the great philanthropist Tom Nook down. This will not work. This is Nook's world we just live in it.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Tom gives us interest-free loans without deadlines. I don't know who started the idea that he is some sort of loan shark or mobster, but under his rule, literally everybody gets a house for free until they want to upgrade.
Nook was absolutely a loan shark in the first game. He forced upgrades on you without your consent. And you never knew what the actual value of the house you got from him.

He did, eventually, turn over a New Leaf, however.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Tom Nook is not playing around, the dude is cut throat business tanuki. He would not let me stop playing AC: Wild World until i paid him all the cash.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Not sure I see that considering that I can make payments to my house whenever; no interest accrued either. Other loaners would put a delinquent remark on my credit score and levy a penalty payment on my balance

grand

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing that proud capitalist Tom Nook and known marxist Isabelle haven't come to blows already.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New Horizons has you cutting down trees and draining its resources, fishing all of its aquatic life, and introducing non-native life from other islands, all to build developments for a corporate tycoon. Is this capitalist, climate-change denying filth really what Nintendo wants to teach the kids?

thoughthaver

Banned
Feb 6, 2020
nook inc has committed wire fraud and launders money via known conman redd and uses the proceeds to funnel weapons to extremist groups. there is currently a grand jury investigating his many crimes. stay tuned for more info.

Oct 25, 2017
Tom Nook gives you an interest free loan, with no repayment deadlines. Imagine if you could find a deal that good in the real world.
he forces a home on you with no option to refuse then "graciously" allows you an indefinite repayment, oh but by pure happenstance you also can't leave the area he's currently residing in, hmmm. Hmmmm

Freddie13

Nov 2, 2017
New Horizons has you cutting down trees and draining its resources, fishing all of its aquatic life, and introducing non-native life from other islands, all to build developments for a corporate tycoon. Is this capitalist, climate-change denying filth really what Nintendo wants to teach the kids?
In short? Yes!! And all you lowlifes gonna love what is given to you.....lol

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Strangely enough you also can't resell this home you "bought" from Tom Nook on an island that he owns
How generous of him to "sell" it to you with an interest free loan

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Look at you with your unlimited data plan on NookT&T on your NookPhone posting blasphemy about Tom Nook on TomNookEra. Shame on you OP

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
"but Nook donates 90% of his income to orphanages"

weird, ive never seen a single orphanage

seen a lot of Nook-brand meat processing facilities, though

... WAIT A SEC