• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I want to see this for the animation alone. The timing on the gags is pretty perfect.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
6BQvJ61.png

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Getting serious Rocky and Bullwinkle "Nobody asked for this live action CGI-nimated thing" kind of vibe here.

It better have "Is You Is or Is You Aint" as a song number by Lil Nas X.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm obviously not the intended audience for this, but I think visually it just looks odd. The overall integration of the animated characters into the world is weird, and the sight lines in the shot when Chloe and Tom low-five is odd, what is she even looking at??!! This is simple visual effects shot direction.

ZWoosUW.jpg
I feel this 3d really need some black outlines. this Daffy Duck pic blend much better with the real life environment.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Thought this looked terrible. The blend of animation and live action looks really off.

The Watcher

Oct 29, 2017
I love the animation, but something about the character art looks...flat? IDK, maybe it's the lighting or something.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tom and Jerry look nice, and Chloe Moretz looks to be charming in the movie, but this just didn't do anything for me

Maybe kids will enjoy it, though

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this trailer is peak 2007

>live action/animated hybrid that doesn't quite work
>random shots of NYC
>licensed song that is three years too late
>ken jeong

For that reason I'm kinda into it

Dec 30, 2020
Looks quite good fun.

I think Warners should lean into this live action/animation style and do all their HB and Looney Tunes films this way.

First up? Duck Dodgers.
I'd pay to see a Duck Dodgers space opera that's a send-up of Guardians and Flash Gordon that manages to be silly while still having heart and a creative universe to explore.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Colin Jost was on Seth Meyers doing a shit job of promoting this. Looks like he knew it would be a stinker.

30% 🤢 🍅
www.rottentomatoes.com

Tom & Jerry

One of the most beloved rivalries in history is reignited when Jerry moves into New York City’s finest hotel on the eve of “the wedding of the century,” forcing the event’s desperate planner to hire Tom to get rid of him, in director Tim Story’s “Tom and Jerry.” The ensuing cat and mouse battle...

All these movies be like I want to be what TENET tried to be, the movie that brought back movie theaters

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I'd pay to see a Duck Dodgers space opera that's a send-up of Guardians and Flash Gordon that manages to be silly while still having heart and a creative universe to explore.
Only if they bring Dave Mustaine back

Colin Jost was on Seth Meyers doing a shit job of promoting this. Looks like he knew it would be a stinker.

30% 🤢 🍅
www.rottentomatoes.com

Tom & Jerry

One of the most beloved rivalries in history is reignited when Jerry moves into New York City’s finest hotel on the eve of “the wedding of the century,” forcing the event’s desperate planner to hire Tom to get rid of him, in director Tim Story’s “Tom and Jerry.” The ensuing cat and mouse battle...

All these movies be like I want to be what TENET tried to be, the movie that brought back movie theaters
Critics put a hit out on Tom & Jerry!

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Any impressions? Waiting for my daughter to come back from my ex's tomorrow to watch.

it is INSANELY better than the 1993 movie
It has some interesting nods to old stuff (even one character that catch me totaly off guard)
...it is "dora the explorer" movie levels of fun

will not enter your top 10 but I had way more fun than new mutants and bloodshot =P

kess

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Roger Rabbit is still the best 2D/live-action mix and that was decades ago.

To be fair: Roger Rabbit's story works on multiple levels, has amazing production design, godlike casting, and Richard Fucking Williams

At least the animation seems to be well done. If this was actually the 90s, it would have been kicked off to a outfit two shakes above Filmation, which is exactly what happened.

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
The movie is straight up fun. Definitely has that old school T&J charm. I lol'd at a reference they had to injustice 2

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Are HBO Max movies cursed to be terrible.

I do wonder if a lot of 2020 movies that got shifted to this year that were in post when covid basically ended up making them be mediocre films because of so many wrenches the pandemic threw at them, such as WFH or a downer feeling of the disruption of society on a massive scale?