• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EnCrUEVXUAA6hEl

EnCrU2pXcAE8dRd

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do kids these days even like Tom and Jerry? I remember watching it on CN when I was younger and the humor of it always felt boring and repetitive.

Last edited:

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Eeehhhhhhhhh...
🤷🙄

Not feeling it.

Even before this movie, modern Tom & Jerry cartoons was average to me.

Still the best & peak era of Tom & Jerry was beginning/early episodes directed by Hanna-Barbera, produced by Fred Quimby & the brilliant music composing of Scott Bradley.

And unfortunately, I didn't felt any of those in this film.. : /

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
I'm distracted by the fact Youtube recommended me the "Travis buys a gun" scene from Taxi Driver afterwards.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I'm obviously not the intended audience for this, but I think visually it just looks odd. The overall integration of the animated characters into the world is weird, and the sight lines in the shot when Chloe and Tom low-five is odd, what is she even looking at??!! This is simple visual effects shot direction.

ZWoosUW.jpg

Jump_Button

Oct 27, 2017
God how can you be so bad at bending shading lighting? Roger Rabbit did it better and that come out 1988

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Looks better than alot of those 3D CG adaptation like Garfield and Smurf. But the human characters feel so low energy compares to Tom & Jerry making it feels off somehow.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Looks pretty good on the animation and visual gags part, though the humans seem a bit too understated. Like, why is everyone (outside of Ken) talking so calmly and almost whispering? Where is the energy? It just feels super jarring against how hyperactive the cartoon characters are being.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What did the creepos do to her?

Some examples:

Moretz was about 12, she says, when she was first warned about men to stay away from. "My brother was never not with me. There were instances, like where I was invited to a private poker night – which is weird – at a man's house when I was 15 years old. It was always: 'If there's not a plus-one for Trevor, then Chloë is not going.' And then it was like: 'Oh, it's really just a one-admission-only thing.'"

Moretz never names names, but she has consistently called out what she considers unhelpful industry behaviour: about a prank when she was 16 – someone left cutlets in her trailer – that led her to consider getting breast implants; about being "fat-shamed" by a male co-star who told her she was "too big for me".

Before #MeToo, it nearly cost her dear, she says. "Now, everyone says it's cool to be woke. When I was doing it before, people were like: 'You're crazy. You're going lose your career over this. You're so outspoken.'"

In previous, unreported instances of the same vein of behaviour, she says, "everyone, truly everyone, was calling my publicist, calling my manager and my agent, being like: 'Chloë should not speak so much. She needs to keep it more buttoned up.'"

ETWDPOm.jpg

nAt6dJ5.jpg

cydyVJW.jpg

Even now:
www.tmz.com

Chloe Grace Moretz Obsessed Fan Dodges Stalking Charge

The man who showed up at Chloe Grace Moretz's home uninvited, twice, won't be charged with stalking.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I don't know why, this isn't much different than say, Space Spam or Roger Rabbit there seems to be a disconnect between the cartoon characters and the real characters.

For giggles I would like to see this trailer without them added in.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is going to sound insane but i think this cgi would have looked best with some handdrawn lines on top, really bringing the fusion of 3d and 2d together that i think they were going for

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago