• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017

In all seriousness, if he isn't in future Spiderman movies, it'll be a bummer yeah, but the dude is a good actor and I'm sure he's got his name made for him by having been Peter Parker. He was my personal favorite in the Spidey MCU movies.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know how Sony keeps him and writes themselves out of the hole Marvel left them in with everyone knowing his identity and living in a world where the snap happened while he's wearing a Stark suit.

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
Dude will get more work, I can see him trying to get out of superhero realm for his next role though.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how Sony keeps him and writes themselves out of the hole Marvel left them in with everyone knowing his identity and living in a world where the snap happened while he's wearing a Stark suit.
My expectation is that Morbius bombs and Sony ends up taking a worse deal down the line because of it.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully Disney can snag him on a new franchise that conflicts him out of Uncharted.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Recast him as Speedball

854d07ed5bf82ea4ed50c02f6782447bjpg.jpeg

Or Human Torch

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Who owns Night Monkey? Can't he just stay in the MCU as Night Monkey and Beter Barker?

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I always felt that they basically took the Spiderman personality and made this Batman with it.
They weren't exactly subtle about it, either. Look at some of Terry's rogues;
  • Blight is a wealthy businessman turned into a supervillain (not too unlike Norman Osborne)
  • Stalker is totally not Kraven
  • Terry fights a super powered group called the Terrific Trio
  • Inque is like if Clayface and Carnage had a child

Aug 16, 2019
UK
Can I remind you that Tom Holland has made much more than only Spider Man and every single part has been the same, even in indie movie. The guy is a good Spider-Man, but that is it

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
His Spiderman is already a shoddy thematic rip-off of Batman Beyond, so it would be a good fit.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man with Holland is going to move on without a hitch. Look at the recent FFH how it should have ended, all of the hoops they had to jump through to make the story the way it was. The next Spider-Man will be no different and people won't care if they are entertained.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Hell naw. He's still Spider-Man as far as I'm concerned. I'm not giving up on Disney and Sony working something out in the future.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Make him a Flash (Wally or Bart)
But Future Batman could be cool.

Also they can recast him as...:
Iron Man 2020 :V
Thunderbolts_Vol_2_8_Many_Armors_of_Iron_Man_Variant_Textless-696x420.jpg

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really understand the concern for Tom Holland some people around here seem to be having since the announcement of the Sony/Marvel split. The kid is gonna be fine. He's already attached as a leading man in several other projects and is pretty well known at this point thanks to Spidey. He'll get roles for a long while, at minimum. Not to mention, the tentative plan is still for him to play the character in 2 more movies whether Marvel is involved or not.