• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ozumas

Born to be Wise
Dec 15, 2020
User banned (3 days): platform warring
this has to be a joke lol

those prices are so overpriced for those spec that it is so focused to the Sony/Playstation fans and not to be competitive

OP
OP
nolifebr

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR

youtu.be

New Gaming Accessories by Sony INZONE (M9 Monitor and Headsets)

Unboxing the new gaming accessories by Sony -- #SonyINZONE M9 gaming monitor, H9 and H3 gaming headset!Subscribe for more videos: https://goo.gl/ASvlVwMore c...

www.tomsguide.com

Sony Inzone M9 review: Sony’s first gaming monitor is a winner

The Sony Inzone M9 is one of the finest gaming monitors I've tested, and it's not just for PS5

www.theverge.com

Sony’s InZone gaming monitors and headsets are for more than just PS5 gamers

Its high-end, 27-inch 4K monitor costs $899.

www.gamespot.com

Sony Reveals New Line Of Gaming Headsets And Monitors For PS5 And PC

The Inzone line of gaming headsets features three options for PS5 and PC and starts at $100.

www.ign.com

Sony Inzone M9 Review - IGN

The Sony Inzone M9 might just seem like a PS5 gaming monitor, but its amazing contrast and HDR quality makes it stand out.

Last edited:

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I'm getting mixed signals in this thread, how do these prices compare to other similarly-specced monitors?

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting mixed signals in this thread, how do these prices compare to other similarly-specced monitors?

The original leak was $1300+ for the 4K monitor. Actual price is within line with other similar monitors, at least at retail price. Thing is those monitors are often on a discount and are already proven, so they're the better value.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
The original leak was $1300+ for the 4K monitor. Actual price is within line with other similar monitors, at least at retail price. Thing is those monitors are often on a discount and are already proven, so they're the better value.
okay gotcha, that makes sense. Glad these aren't insanely out of line at least

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
this has to be a joke lol

those prices are so overpriced for those spec that it is so focused to the Sony/Playstation fans and not to be competitive

Priced at $1199 CAD, they are in line with other 4k HDMI 2.1 monitors:

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do most monitors have low peak brightness / below average hdr compared to tvs still.

Last edited:

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've just heard this monitor has 96 local dimming zones, so it might just be a hell of a value. If it can do both low input lag and Sony's top of the line local dimming, I'd buy it.
Confirmed by the Hardware Unboxed, 12 X 8 arrangement. Checks all of the other HWUB HDR checklist.

nillarilla

Feb 10, 2019
damn the auto HDR calibration with the ps5 is a dream feature for me. I absolutely hate screwing with settings from game to game - would be awesome if that feature does away with that

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
User banned (3 days): platform warring
Much better headset and monitor options out there unless you just bleed specific Japanese corporation.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You know... if this was 32" at that price, I'd probably get one. But I've gotten so used to 32" that I can't drop back down to 27".

Connope

Mar 6, 2022
Much better headset and monitor options out there unless you just bleed specific Japanese corporation.
The headset seems to be (obviously pending more reviews) closest to the ideal you can get for me. Seemingly good ANC and audio quality with simultaneous low latency and Bluetooth. Only bad thing is the microphone isn't removable. What is there that's objectively better? All the other alternatives seem to either compromise on sound quality or ANC compared to normal non-gaming Bluetooth headphones.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
That Chat volume feature is something I need. I hate not being able to control voice chat volume on my Pulse 3D to my liking. Like you can do it but I assume this has better tuning options.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
The 4K monitor is somewhat in the price bracket of other similar specced ones, but the 1080p one at $530? There are HDMI, DP, USB C 1080p 240hz monitors for like $300. A little steep there

collige

Oct 31, 2017
The KVM switch is cool I guess. Not sure why you'd need it if you're switching to a PS5 though lol

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
What headset is comparable to the H9 with XM4/5 ANC?
Man that person weird as hell with that take. Esp when the H9 is pretty much a gaming oriented XM headset. Lol
The 4K monitor is somewhat in the price bracket of other similar specced ones, but the 1080p one at $530? There are HDMI, DP, USB C 1080p 240hz monitors for like $300. A little steep there
What's the peak brightness on those?

darkside

Oct 26, 2017

The price is cheaper than offerings from the likes of Audeze and Steelseries when it comes to expensive headsets with dual wireless + bluetooth compatibility.

If these have Xbox compatibility then I might be in. Seems like it could given it has a dongle with PS5 / PC

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
The price is cheaper than offerings from the likes of Audeze and Steelseries when it comes to expensive headsets with dual wireless + bluetooth compatibility.

If these have Xbox compatibility then I might be in. Seems like it could given it has a dongle with PS5 / PC
Xbox doesn't support USB dongles, and wireless headsets need to use their proprietary wireless protocol. These won't work with Xbox.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017

it usually doesn't. It's the reason why the steelseries 7x headset works with everything and the 7p's which are the sony version do not work with xbox.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Xbox doesn't support USB dongles, and wireless headsets need to use their proprietary wireless protocol. These won't work with Xbox.

Uh it does? I use an Audeze Penrose that has a USB dongle, that works on PS5, Xbox, Switch and PC.

These might not have the wireless protocol though, probably doesn't so I'm not interested.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Uh it does? I use an Audeze Penrose that has a USB dongle, that works on PS5, Xbox, Switch and PC.

These might not have the wireless protocol though, probably doesn't so I'm not interested.
Steelseries 7x uses a USB dongle, it just uses it in xbox mode
My bad it does but I believe it requires a license or something. I have a regular Arctis 7 and it works just fine on everything except Xbox. Same thing with my old G733.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

It doesn't. Xbox requires a chipped headset/dongle.

Your a referencing an Xbox branded headsets with a xbox security chip, that also have a switchable, default, standard usb-mode too.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
For HDR performance alone, that's a good price imo. Unless you got the desk space and can deal with a TV for a monitor, it's a strong choice if you want PC/console HDR gaming at that screen size. I'm mostly PC only these days so I want the Alienware, but this definitely catches my attention if I go a different route in the future.