• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
I think people are missing the bigger story of Sony revealing a few hardware devices at the end of this month ?

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Having some third party options with paddles for Switch has really made me a believer. I'm very interested in a dualshock with them. Fingers crossed the features and build quality are good.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
SCUF patent licensing will prevent that as a mass consumer option AFAIK. Add-on paddles should always be an option though.

this is interesting, didn't know SCUF patented this shit. so they are fine with it being on the Elite but don't want OEMs to make controllers with back paddles to ship with the console en masse?

Redria

Oct 28, 2017
My prayers have been answered! As someone who has wrist problems not having to press the analogue sticks will be a god send.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I just want my $30 back button attachment Sony!

This. When It was first announced I thought Sony was being cheap, but once I used it, I feel in love with it. I don't really care about any other features aside from the paddles. I also have an Xbox elite 2 controller and I hate it. It's big, heavy and clunky and was waaay too expensive.

Still looking forward to it though.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
I'm glad I held off buying another DS. Will wait to see what they announce. Would love some back paddles on my DS.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
My dualsense started to drift a little, if they fix that shit with this new controller DAY ONE

Det

Jul 30, 2020
this is interesting, didn't know SCUF patented this shit. so they are fine with it being on the Elite but don't want OEMs to make controllers with back paddles to ship with the console en masse?

MS presumably licenses it from SCUF, which is part of the price premium for an Elite.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
Paddles/back buttons and better battery life please.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Day 1. They also should fucking collaborate with the consumer electroncs team that makes the noise canceling headphones for a Pro Headset.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
They're fine with whatever as long as they get paid. IIRC Xbox pays SCUF for the back paddles on the Elite. However, Sony or Microsoft probably won't pay them for every single controller that they ship.

Day 1. They also should fucking collaborate with the consumer electroncs team that makes the noise canceling headphones for a Pro Headset.
Been seeing those high quality headsets lately, and I agree. However, I would take an adapter to make the Sony WH-1000XM5 lower latency with the PS5.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Most likely MS is paying them for that patent, or has some other deal with them [patent sharing, fees reduction, etc.].

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
I into this but like other higher end controllers, imagine it'll be to expensive for me to really want to pick one up. But we'll see

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
They're fine with whatever as long as they get paid. IIRC Xbox pays SCUF for the back paddles on the Elite. However, Sony or Microsoft probably won't pay them for every single controller that they ship.

Been seeing those high quality headsets lately, and I agree. However, I would take an adapter to make the Sony WH-1000XM5 lower latency with the PS5.
that would work well too, I bought the BeoPlay Headset recently because I wanted something more high end its really good dont need to have it loud and voices are crystal clear and like no dropouts. Wouldve paid just as much for a sony version that did that.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
BATTERY.

My Xbox X controller battery lasts 10-15 hours and I get about 5 out of the PS5s.

Yes I get it, blah blah DualSense etc.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean if Sony is working on it the "official" is redundant in this sentence.

VCFL

Jan 24, 2018
Depending on the price, I may bite. I do have a question, what do those paddles do?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
My friends will be happy, the Astro one for PS4 was pretty much unavailable here and they go through SCUF controllers like candy, so I'm sure they'll happily jump off that train.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
I think people are missing the bigger story of Sony revealing a few hardware devices at the end of this month ?

Not a pro console nor do I expect it to be PSVR2, which will be it's own launch event. No idea, maybe a higher end gaming headset? Also, what does "significant software" upgrades mean in the context of a controller.

Yeah I already have XM4's, would be nice to release a WiFi adapter to reduce latency.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Depending on the price, I may bite. I do have a question, what do those paddles do?
They can be pretty much any button you want in a much more convenient place. So say you have X for jump, you can have a paddle for it instead, keeping your fingers on the sticks.
Very popular with people who like playing competitive and just really nice to have if not.

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
I'm fine with the PS5 controller. First time in history of PS controllers I am actually feeling comfortable holding their controller

I'll take better battery life but don't care about back paddles. Don't see myself using them in the games I play

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Thank god. I'm stuck using the PS4 client on my PS5 for multiple games because I need those damn paddles.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna be +200 so fuck that, how about releasing the back buttons for the dualsense instead Sony?

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
This. Having symmetrical sticks is such a dumb design which makes no sense at all. The only reason they made it is to keep most of the first PlayStation pad in place when they introduced the DualShock. Then sadly PlayStation fans got accustomed to this aberration so they kept it…
As someone who was an Xbox player last gen...I prefer it? Not sure why but it feels better for me a s makes the d pad actually useable rather than an annoyance. Only started playing 2D games again with the d pad since getting a PS4 late in the gen and swapping my Xbox pad for Dualshock on PC.