• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is great, as others said nice to see them touching the "I don't watch Toonami for this" crowd too.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Good speech...but uh....

adb2884ec5e1b4b4bec7e41350165b31.png

Good lord the human race truely is irredeemable.

Oct 27, 2017
Half of the Toonami audience are racist shitbags and the other half are cool people.

That like to dislike ratio is so weird to me. I didn't think anything Tom said was wrong but people are losing their shit over it.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn that's pretty cool to see even if half the audience is probably frothing at the mouth of any kind of positive mention of something progressive. I should really start watching Toonami again.

Oct 25, 2017
Woof, reading the comments was a mistake. I expected the racism but I did not expect 9/11 conspiracies ("DUHH WHY INSURANCE POLICY ON WTC?" Because every building has insurance, especially ones as important as the World Trade Center)

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
The dumbasses who complain about this really have no idea what Toonami's always been about.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That speech is awesome but that like dislike ratio makes my piss boil.

I guess I should just be thankful for the people who aren't being hateful.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who used to rush home from school to turn to toonami and skip doing my homework....respect Tom.....MAD FUCKING RESPECT!!!

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
When you see a company that ACTUALLY gets it, you see how weak the messages from other companies can be.

This isn't a long statement, but it's powerful.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Those dislike numbers showing how the anime fandom really is the most opressed group out there.

Great Toonami speech as always, keep up the good work.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't watched Toonami in a long time, but I'm glad to see they did one of the TOM speeches on this.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny how on all the other "life advice" videos, you have people talking about how Tom's speeches made them better people in the comments... And then they end up being completely deaf to this one.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny how on all the other "life advice" videos, you have people talking about how Tom's speeches made them better people in the comments... And then they end up being completely deaf to this one.

Absolutely. I saw people say they'll never watch anime again, and Tom should be neutral. Like TF. Social media was a mistake.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I saw this when I logged on to twitter this morning. Tom is a real and knows a lot of us black people were put on to anime from Toonami.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
This is fucking awesome.

Mad respect to Cartoon Network, the Toonami crew and Steve Blum for doing this.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, not something I'd have expected but good to see.