• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
One step closer to Xenu
giphy.gif

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Shouldn't it be possible to create space on Earth so you don't have to go to space? Like fill it in a tank and release it in an airtight room? The most dangerous part always seemed to be getting to space, not actual space itself which seems seems to be relatively harmless.

Oct 27, 2017
You want to tell me it's actually cheaper to actually go into space than make a CGI of whatever they're trying to film?

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Shouldn't it be possible to create space on Earth so you don't have to go to space? Like fill it in a tank and release it in an airtight room? The most dangerous part always seemed to be getting to space, not actual space itself which seems seems to be relatively harmless.
is this a meme

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

They could easily fucking green screen the thing and it would look fine. This is just flexing at this point and a useless waste of money and resources.

Oct 27, 2017
From what I know about Cruise, as far as stunts go he really likes authenticity.

I don't even know what kind of stunt you would want to do in a cramped space station with a handheld camera. Wouldn't mind it if he tries to go outside without a space suit though...

Also isn't the ISS a symbol against everything Scientology stands for? I'm surprised they even entertained the thought to let him in.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
not gonna lie

Thats fuckin bad ass

and a great step forward to allowing more "civilians" in space.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
They could easily fucking green screen the thing and it would look fine. This is just flexing at this point and a useless waste of money and resources.

They could just put up one of those UE4 panorama screens around the spaceship, simulate a launch and tell Tom Cruise afterwards that he just went to space. It's better that way than to hurt his ego by telling him that no one will let him go to space for any reason, ever.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Dunno, sounds like he's embarking on an impossible mission. Wish 'im luck though!

(Seriously, woulda been rad to see them take the series there. :-P This will be the watershed moment cinema has been waiting on for quite a while now, though, either which way. *spacey eyed nod*)

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Cruise missile doesn't stop. Though, I'm actually worried for him this time around.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I always joked about how he could possibly top Fall Out.

"Like what can you do at this point? Fucking go to Space?"

Yet here we are....

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
Lock your Falcon hatch, Major Tom.
www.youtube.com

Space Oddity

NEW YOUTUBE SERIES (Rare Earth): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPfak9ofGSn9sWgKrHrXrxQXXxwhCblaTRest in peace, Starman.A revised version of David Bo...

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder how much the studio has to pay to insure Tom and the director.

I know they've had a great track record on safety for many years, but after watching that Challenger documentary, there's always something.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Not a fan of Tom's scientologist views, but damn if he's not one of the hardest working actors ever. Hope he lives forever like Keanu Reeves.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so in.

The thing I like about this guy is that the stunts aren't overcompensating for a lack of acting talent.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Even if just a small part of the movie is actually filmed in space, I'm sure Tom will find a way to make it great.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017

Fill...a tank......with space?

Woiwode

Banned
Sep 18, 2019
This has to be terrible for the enviroment just to shoot some self important movie makers into space for a dumb movie?

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
I remember hearing about this being in the works a while back. How much does it cost to send a Tom Cruise, his castmates, and a fully trained crew to space?

bill crystals

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You absolutely do not need to go to space to make a good movie lol.