• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
My dream scenario: Bengals get Brady and draft Burrow. Tom teaches Joe the ways of a champion and Bengals win 20 SBs in a row.

Edit: Or Tom goes to Dallas and we get Tom and Jerry memes.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So long to literally the most evil despicable person in all of human history and a terrible talentless player who only ever won by engaging in the most destructive and desperate cheating matrix in history*. Don't let your Uggs trip you on the way out.

* I concede that there may have been a couple more evil monsters in history and that he was ok at football. But that's my limit.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I'm a pats fan but I'm excited by this news. If I was him I'd go to LA or maybe Miami. Why the fuck would Gisele wanna go to Tampa? Chargers oline isn't great but they got the 6th pick and Trent Williams is available. Plus the pats are probably trading Joe thuney.

In bill we trust

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Lol not even close considering that's the prevailing lynchpin the system QB argument is based on.

Meanwhile BB's less than stellar (to say the least) start with NE inheriting a SB appearing QB no less is downplayed for some strange reason.
But this is what you posted:
I see we've reached the part where we conveniently ignore that 5-13 start Bb had with Bledsoe. You know, a QB better than every non-Brady QB Bb has since had his hands on.
So is it BB's system or Brady that is the cause of their success? Pick one.
Oh you mean with the team that went 16:0 the year prior and had one of the best rosters of any team ever? Ya, that had nothing to do with Cassel's success even though he lost 5 games more than brady the year before
Yes the same system and roaster that BB built, which was the point.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not one to tell athletes how to live their lives, but this is a dumb decision that he's going to regret by October.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
With the news today that the Panthers are letting Cam explore options, I wonder if Carolina is in play for Brady. I don't know how I'd feel about that.

Jun 10, 2018
But this is what you posted:

So is it BB's system or Brady that is the cause of their success? Pick one.

Yes the same system and roaster that BB built, which was the point.
Maybe read back your own post insinuating the Cassel-led 11-5 team is and/or was "conveniently forgotten" (laughable). It's quite literally ALWAYS brought up in EVERY Brady topic, including this one.

And I did "pick one" from my very obvious mentioning of Bledsoe as a point of contention against BB's system deserving most of the credit. This isn't hard.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Holy fuck, he's actually doing it.

As a lifelong 49ers fan, over the years, he's earned my respect over and over again. Tom, wherever he goes, much like Peyton Manning before him, will go into a situation that is right for him, and is going to ball the fuck out. Good for him.

Dutch

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Weapons wise the Bucs make more sense, but being Tom he can't pass up on setting up a TB12 store in LA with the Chargers?

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
brady goes to the 49ers like he hoped when he was being drafted, jimmy g goes back to boston, pats vs 49ers super bowl shanahan chokes again

ShiftyHermit

Oct 27, 2017
It was a damn fine run in Foxborough. Good luck Tom. Man when BB retires the Pats are probably going to be bad for a long time.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
He says Bucs

I don't hate it. I think Rivers can be decent behind this O-Line. Draft a project QB in the later rounds and let him develop behind Rivers. I wonder what happens to Brissett.
Oh yeah I'm a Pats fan, was referring to them with "wondering what we're doing." I think it's a great move for Rivers, and potentially for Brisket too. Give him a couple years behind and learning from Rivers, he might take the leap from backup to quality starter.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
I could see

Rivers to indy
Bridgewater to carolina
Burrows to bengals
Newton, Dalton to?

Who needs a qb now or hasnt signed someone yet?

Tampa, LA chargers, Denver, Patriots, bears(?) and lions(?), jags, fins

Detroit only if they trade Stafford.

They should not. The problem is the offensive line, as it has been FOR THIRTY DAMN YEARS.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta imagine the Patriots really didn't give him a good deal at all if he's going with the fucking BUCS

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I am hopeful too, by the end of last season I found myself getting excited for the Bills, and maybe even billieving in them as a team.
We should be really excited for this year, as the roster is really starting to shape up. But it's hard to keep that up without proof of sustained success based on years of getting our hopes up and having them dashed.

I'm personally kind of excited. Feels like the first year in a while we aren't playing with house money and the plan is coming together. One can hope...

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
We should be really excited for this year, as the roster is really starting to shape up. But it's hard to keep that up without proof of sustained success based on years of getting our hopes up and having them dashed.

I'm personally kind of excited. Feels like the first year in a while we aren't playing with house money and the plan is coming together. One can hope...

It's just that we've been hurt so many times that it's basically become an identity. Winning felt so nice this past year though and I'd love some more of that please. So I'm also trying to allow myself to get a bit excited. Potentially not having two guaranteed losses on the schedule every year does lift the spirits a bit, even if I still expect to be let down.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It's just that we've been hurt so many times that it's basically become an identity. Winning felt so nice this past year though and I'd love some more of that please. So I'm also trying to allow myself to get a bit excited. Potentially not having two guaranteed losses on the schedule every year does lift the spirits a bit, even if I still expect to be let down.
My nightmare scenario is Rivers goes to NE and wins the division.

I might quit everything.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
As a sports fan this is a bummer. Tom Brady isn't the elite QB he was for a dozen years anymore. It's pretty unlikely he is going to go somewhere and win a Super Bowl. Maybe he can make the playoffs, but he was most likely going to do that with the Patriots. So best case scenario is he probably would have roughly the same outcome with maybe a little better individual season with the downside that he no longer will play his entire career for the Patriots. And there's a real chance this could go pretty poorly over the next two years. Just sad tbh.