• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
kuroneko0509

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, these loadtimes would've annoyed me massively on wiiu. Happy that they're pretty fast on switch in relation.

After Chapter 2 you unlock Ex Stories/ an area for it, you get them there. If you mean the costumes like Joker etc.
4y2fFhd.jpg

efs07Pf.jpg
oh. ex stories started earlier than I expected

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Okay I really hope I get a new outfit for Kiria soon because I actually kind of hate both of her default outfits. Everyone else looks amazing in their Carnage outfits... her, not so much. I suppose it's fitting since Tharja is her mirage.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
My copy from Amazon UK just arrived, not sure if I'll jump in straight away as I'm finishing up some other games at the moment but I'm excited to finally play this game, I had Wii U but never got the game as it came out at a bad time and I never got around to picking it up until now, I was always holding out hope for a Switch release so I'm glad it got one, hope it sells okay lol.

Dogzillaboot

Nov 12, 2017
Sacramento, California
I want to stay up all night and keep playing :(

Is there any sort of quick heal feature you can do in the dungeons outside of the refresh points? That's the only slight gripe I have with the game so far if not. Loving everything else though!

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
avoids chances of being hit with critical hits iirc, but it was mostly useless. I thought it meant better loot drops but nope

simple but basic and shallow, you're not playing for the story. Not even close, the only similarity with Persona is: being a turn based JRPG and the pop style is very Persona 4-esque. Oh and, both are set in Japan. Again, you are not playing for the story, the combat is where the meat is at
Story is a parody/homage of Japanese culture and has a ton of references to fire emblem shadow dragon, other then that it's pretty shallow with some enjoyable characters.
Ah, shame. Does the game at least manages to stay interesting until the end? I love JRPGs but too many of them just drag on for too long. Even DQXI, which I think it's brilliant, kind of loses steam towards the end because the RPG systems and combat already hit a ceiling long before the end.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Ah, shame. Does the game at least manages to stay interesting until the end? I love JRPGs but too many of them just drag on for too long. Even DQXI, which I think it's brilliant, kind of loses steam towards the end because the RPG systems and combat already hit a ceiling long before the end.
To me, it dragged since like the second chapter and the only thing that kept me from dropping the game was the combat and that I paid full price for the game, but it's about 30-40 hours long iirc. The game gets very difficult towards the end

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
So the thing with Itsuki, is that it seems like his only passion is describing food, all the hijinks is whatever to him, but he goes into so much detail when describing food.

The cast says alot during their battle intros, etc and its not subbed at all. It's the main argument for while people wanted the cast dubbed becuase you do miss a ton of character banter that way.
A dub would have been nice. Miss a lot during cinematics while reading

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Have too many games but having trouble resisting the urge of getting it. I loved the Wii U version.

Did I make a mistake not replacing Zio with Mazio? I thought "oh SP cost is lower" but now I'm like "yeah but area wide damage, duh." Damn it.

It's not the end of the world, you can go back and add it. Since it's not press turn there's less drawback.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Just beat chapter 1. God, I knew the boss was bad from back when I played it on the Wii U, but I just completely sucked and used basically all revival items... xD

And then Touma died and didn't get any EXP in the end. :|

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Played two hours last night, loving the game! I wish the game would boot up with that Anime sequence of Recincartion so I could listen to it everytime.

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
My copy from Amazon UK just arrived

Huh, really?! I received an email from Amazon yesterday, telling me due to "unforeseen circumstances", I won't be receiving my copy until January 31st.

There was actually no explaination, beyond telling me the day I was expecting it (Friday) that it wouldn't be arriving. In all my time using Amazon, that's the first time anything like that has happened.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
Huh, really?! I received an email from Amazon yesterday, telling me due to "unforeseen circumstances", I won't be receiving my copy until January 31st.

There was actually no explaination, beyond telling me the day I was expecting it (Friday) that it wouldn't be arriving. In all my time using Amazon, that's the first time anything like that has happened.
Damn that sucks, I ordered my copy on the 8th with Prime and on Friday morning it changed from Friday delivery to Monday but then yesterday afternoon it updated to Saturday delivery and it arrived today so I'm not too sure what happened. Are you waiting for Amazon now or have you decided to go elsewhere?

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
really? god damn

I'm in chapter 1, maybe 5 hours in, and god damn, the hard mode is very very good.
the game felt very balanced overall and I'm loving everything about it.

How did I miss this on the Wii U...

Yes, once you unlock various carnage, performa and sessions..it becomes simply great

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Just had the game freeze on me in the Chapter 1 dungeon, during the cutscene before the midboss. Physical copy if it matters.

aerobinson

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Debating between digital or physical. I'm leaning digital because I can play it sooner and I have a huge micro SD card, BUT I do like having physical copies for big releases and I fear this one might get hard to find after a while...

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot how this game can kick you in the balls right away if you're not careful. It's nothing too difficult but a common enemy can get a combo on you and deplete an entire HP bar if you're unlucky.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
My only complaint so far is the fact to go back to Tiki everytime to create new weapons/skills
Other than that, I think I'm addicted.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
My only complaint so far is the fact to go back to Tiki everytime to create new weapons/skills
Other than that, I think I'm addicted.

It was really annoying the Wii U version with all the load times, but not nearly as bad here. If anything, it's a nice reminder to go heal up occasionally.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I won't lie, kinda annoying how it's 720p in docked mode. I guess the port was super cheap to produce and one way to speed up porting it was to just test it at one res for stability; game has been finished since like September.

Aside from that, this game is awesome! Really enjoying it :)

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I lent my Switch to a friend earlier this week not realizing that this was coming out the next day.

giphy.gif

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
I got this on wiiU so passing on Switch, but I liked it way more than any persona game I played. The combat system is such a delight.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
On ch 1 and really liking it. Resolution docked sucks though and means I'm primarily sticking to portable. Really hope they patch it.
Has anyone gotten a statement from atlus or nintendo about it?

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/CSX142857
Finished the game back on the Wii U and going through it again on Switch. Thank God for no more 10 second load screens before battles lol.

Iirc from the original game, all the sidequests were easily accessible and straightforward. Is that the same for whatever new content they added to this version?

Necrokey

Jan 20, 2019
Orlando, Florida
This was the one game other than Xenoblade Chronicles X on the Wii U that i regret not purchasing. I made it right and its alot of fun! I'm not necessarily into the Japanese idol aspect of the game but i gotta tell you.....its growing on me!

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone been able to register their physical version to My Nintendo yet? It still says that I cannot collect the points for this software yet.