• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pariah164

Oct 25, 2017
I was very, very harsh on this when it first came out (because I felt it wasn't delivering what the initial tease promised), but I'm in. It's preordered and pre-loaded. I wanna give it a chance, because it DOES look interesting.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Will definitely grab this sometime. Always was curious about this game and the presentation overall.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
I was very, very harsh on this when it first came out (because I felt it wasn't delivering what the initial tease promised), but I'm in. It's preordered and pre-loaded. I wanna give it a chance, because it DOES look interesting.
I'm super shocked you didn't like it tbh, this game is made for people like us

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
So how long did it take people to realise TMS is Shin Megami Tensei's abbreviation backwards?

Also hearing from Destructoid one of the few "downgrades" from the Wii U version is that in handheld mode, reading some of the text (I think mainly the text messages) can be a bit hard due to the smaller screen size, but I'll have to test this out over the weekend.

This will be one of those games I'll probably slowly play more often on handheld, mainly during dungeons so I can have something on the TV playing to help pass the time while playing.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to get home for work and start it. Now if Nintendo will port Xenoblade Chronicles X Wind Walker HD, I'll have everything I ever wanted to play on Wii U (I think).

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Does anyone know of any deals on this? Even just a few bucks off some eShop credit? I'm going to double-dip despite never really getting around to playing the Wii U game much. I'm much more inclined to play RPGs on handhelds. I just don't want to feel like a complete sucker paying full-price.

Walmart sells retail games for $50, so try to buy it there. Only in stores

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Bought my copy today. The WiiU version was sooo much fun, despite the odd trappings. Once you get into it, you won't be able to put it down. And I wasn't even a fan of FE when I first played it.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Playing this for the first time, it feels waaaay more Digimon Cyber Sleuth than Persona. Aesthetics, music, character models, everything.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Playing this for the first time, it feels waaaay more Digimon Cyber Sleuth than Persona. Aesthetics, music, character models, everything.
Aesthetically, yeah it's pretty close to Cyber Sleuth... though I think TMS is a cut above it in terms of quality. The Persona comparison is frequently made simply due to Persona's popularity... it's just letting Persona fans know that it's reasonably similar, in hopes that they'll check it out and prevent it from completely flopping a 2nd time.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Can confirm that load times are super snappy, like really fast. Looks great in handheld mode too.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Little further in, just beat the first boss. Thought "Hm..." was kind of a weird translation of "Ano shonen wa...". Least it seems like knowing some Japanese will definitely pay off here, especially with the untranslated battle dialogue.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Any JRPG fan should buy this game honestly. You don't have to enjoy the idol, jpop theme to like the game. I'm not into that and still very much enjoyed everything except the slow loading and long animations, that are now fixed.

Anyway... Was going to wait a bit with this one since my backlog is huge but hearing the music from the game in one of the reviews brought back some fond memories and made me instantly buy it. I'm weak for good games :(

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god a sidequest demands me to find some person with the Nick "TikiIsWaifu/Tiki=Waifu" it's really going full weeb. :D

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
Downloaded it earlier and started playing it. Enjoying it so far, looking forward to sinking my teeth into this.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Bah. I pre-ordered this on Amazon UK a week ago, and all week it's been telling me it'll arrive today. That's despite them not even charging me or dispatching it up to late last night - it still said arriving Friday.

They still haven't charged me or dispatched it, and now it says arriving Monday ;_;

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Now I don't have to open my special edition box, and I get play the superior version to boot (see loadtime improvements above). This will be a nice way to spend a long weekend...

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up buying even though I have so many JRPGs to play in Switch already cause I have little self control, never finished the original even though it was great, and I really want to support this game cause we need more weird stuff like this.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
This weekend is going to be pretty crappy weather-wise, gonna be nice to cozy up and play this game over it.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
Bah. I pre-ordered this on Amazon UK a week ago, and all week it's been telling me it'll arrive today. That's despite them not even charging me or dispatching it up to late last night - it still said arriving Friday.

They still haven't charged me or dispatched it, and now it says arriving Monday ;_;

Amazon UK has been terrible for video game pre-orders for a while now.
This won't be helpful for you today, but I've shifted to Shopto instead and according to royal mail delivery tracking my copy should be there when I get home.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Just played the first 40 minutes or so on the train with headphones, it's really good, looks like a proto p5 in a way, with all of the messaging stuff and what not. Combat seems fun for what little I've played of it! Seems like Astral Chain goes back to the backlog, again

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Amazon UK has been terrible for video game pre-orders for a while now.
This won't be helpful for you today, but I've shifted to Shopto instead and according to royal mail delivery tracking my copy should be there when I get home.

Thanks, I very nearly switched to ShopTo myself this morning, but saw the 'low availability' warning and decided not to take the risk.

Honestly, the only reason I went with Amazon in the first place is that they were, surprisingly, the same price as ShopTo and I could order it through Amazon Smile and donate a little to charity. If they were more expensive I'd have gone with ShopTo (as I usually do). Ah well, will just have to be patient now!

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My Best Buy order is in limbo, they're not sure when it's shipping. Weird.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Undecided about buying it full price or giving back my Mario maker 2 copy to get a 50% discount, but in a few hours after work I will go to get my copy. This is one of the WiiU games I wanted the most to play, not having a WiiU, and now I won't lose this opportunity, absolutely. I already know I will love this game.