• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017
ehh no. Not really. I mean, the combat is turn based, like in Persona. So that's similar. And there's a boss at the end of every dungeon. Another similarity

it's your typical PSVita JRPG but it has Fire Emblem characters as personas. It's honestly pretty awful but it's got this underdog status in some forums because no one played it and the few that played it, say it's super good. Since no one played it, no one can say no. But I have, it's not good at all!
Dungeon design is very interesting and I kinda like the non Fire Emblem character designs. But don't expect a Persona-like experience. Much less a SMT experience. The idol crap however, is a hard pill to swallow, if you dislike JPop you will not like this one bit. No matter how much you enjoy the gameplay
I'm not seeing any bias in those post at all. /s

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why does Nintendo want all of my money? I'll be honest, I liked TMS a little bit better than Persona 5. I'm not trying to be contrarian or an "interesting person with hot take" but the pacing was better, and I really liked the colorful pop art style. I still liked Persona 5 quite a bit.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Everyone should buy this to make it a proper Atlus/Nintendo crossover franchise.

Yes, I won't stop mentioning this until we get TMS#XC.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
it's your typical PSVita JRPG but it has Fire Emblem characters as personas. It's honestly pretty awful but it's got this underdog status in some forums because no one played it and the few that played it, say it's super good. Since no one played it, no one can say no. But I have, it's not good at all!
What is this nonsense?
iw2io7.jpg

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017
well if I don't like it why would I not be biased? It's my opinion. Would you say the same to a glowing review? "well this sure ain't biased!"
When your bias reaches to the point where it's not just your opinion and you make a generalization to how everyone else is wrong or weird-ass statements saying it really isn't similar to Persona or SMT is just nonsensical. The battle system is extremely similar to Persona/SMT, even the spell names are the same. Instead of knockdowns you get session attacks. Your weapons are basically a simpler form of demons. But oh, their similarities are they're both only just "turn-based"

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
always love crossing off games from this pic

cgvqa9z14f1uhvjdtcopysbj5b.png

DISCLAIMER: this is just a list of the most notable wii u games (+ hello kitty kruisers), with the ones that are available on switch crossed out, or the ones that don't need to come to switch because a sequel makes them obsolete (splatoon, smash, mario maker). it doesn't mean splatoon or smash are ports, and also doesn't mean everything has a chance of getting ported (nintendo land, kirby).

Last edited:

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
always love crossing off games from this pic

cgvqa9z14f1uhvjdtcopysbj5b.png
Wonderful 101 is the only one in that list that I feel like we really do need in Switch. Maybe Pikmin 3 but I've heard mixed opinions on that.
I'd also like all Zelda games but they felt more like emergency releases on Wii U rather than something Nintendo wanted to do

Deleted member 12555

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yoshiaki Fujisawa, doesn't ring a bell, but Google tells me he's an anime composer... So, no badass Meguro boss themes?

~cries in j-pop~

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Great news. I enjoyed the game more than persona 5. The game is really colorful and the dungeons designs are great.

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This was the game that I wanted to get a Switch port more than any other. I've held off on buying the Wii U version for years. Worth it.

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
Wonderful 101 is the only one in that list that I feel like we really do need in Switch. Maybe Pikmin 3 but I've heard mixed opinions on that.
I'd also like all Zelda games but they felt more like emergency releases on Wii U rather than something Nintendo wanted to do
Nintendo could probably save those Zelda games for Switch 2 or post BoTW 2

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking about that, anyone wanna guess who Mariko and Barry's mirage partner is? (Although it may be obvious)

They're either Shadow Dragon or Awakening characters unless the FE representation has been expanded, in which case I'm guessing Olivia for Maiko and maybe Kellam for Barry (which would be fucking hilarious).

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got to far into this game to double dip right off the bat. i hope they add enough new stuff to make it worth picking up

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Emily was over in the Direct thread saying that Pikmin 3 got pushed from 2019 to 2020 because Nintendo is adding new content to the port.
OH that's cool.

At this point I'm expecting every wii U game to be ported and for nintendo to stretch these ports out over the course of the Switch's life.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad I completed it from start to finish in June, I'm not as excited as I should be but I hope there will be some great additional content.

VeemoTime

Nov 5, 2018
They're either Shadow Dragon or Awakening characters unless the FE representation has been expanded, in which case I'm guessing Olivia for Maiko and maybe Kellam for Barry (which would be fucking hilarious).
I'm definitely getting Azura vibes for Maiko, so i'm not exactly sure.

Last edited:

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Realllly impatient for a 3D World port, but it's been a pretty Mario-heavy year between NSMBU and MM2, so I wasn't super shocked they didn't announce it here.

Don't have a ton of interest in XCX or Color Splash but I hope they get ports eventually, for completeness' shake.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, didn't expect this to be ported at all after how the original sold, but I suppose they figured they might as well put it on a system people actually bought before writing it off entirely.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
Hot damn, I was losing hope they would announce a port. I really wanted to play it, but I also really didn't want to drag my Wii U out of storage. It'll be interesting to see how this game does now that it won't just be marooned on a dead system!

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
The most important question is if this is the version with or without vagina bones?

Umm... what now? I don't remember that controversially being removed.

What is this game about and why is it so praised?

It's about the power of friendship, the magic of music, and remembering to save constantly.

Pikmin 3's single player is the worst in the main series.
Its challenge mode is really fun.
Its multiplayer is THE GREATEST MULTIPLAYER GAME OF ALL TIME.

yeah after TMS everything is possible. i won't be surprised if fatal frame gets ported too

I hope so. My Wii U never had the space for it and I really wanted to play it.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Hm, didn't expect this to be ported at all after how the original sold, but I suppose they figured they might as well put it on a system people actually bought before writing it off entirely.
The game originally came out during the death throes of the Wii U. I can't imagine that they expected high sales at that point to begin with.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Really great game. If anyone is on the fence because of the Idol business you can largely ignore it and have a fantastic time with the battle system and characters. It's basically a Persona-lite.