• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017

Nestled in the hills of Mediterranean Harbor, amidst the backdrop of an old-world Italian village, the Museum of Fantastic Flight is dedicated to humankind's enduring dream of flying. Today, the museum celebrates Camellia Falco—a visionary innovator in the fledgling field of aviation—with a special retrospective of her life.

A grand tour of the museum includes a magical visit from the spirit of Camellia and culminates with Guests boarding her latest and greatest achievement—a flying vehicle of her own design called the Dream Flyer. Guests soon experience what Camellia believed, that our imagination can propel us into the future and take us everywhere in the world we wish to go.

I love anything that adds to the Society of Explorers and Adventures expanded universe. And while I enjoy the Soarin ride, its theming is pretty lackluster, so im excited for this. The queue details look *chefs kiss*

Tokyo Disney has added a website with a bunch of details and merch info: https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/treasure/soaring/?utm_id=00_321_00001

The ride opens July 23rd.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo Disneysea is a marvel

The way they rethemed and repurposed Soarin' with Renaissance-era mechanism is nothing short of genius.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, in the first video it's 10 people per ride
XQlshrI.jpg

In the 2nd video it's 4 people per ride. . .
oe3Qoev.jpg

Looks cool af though

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
OLC showing off yet again.

Beautiful stuff.

I don't know if I'd consider a moderately better themed version of a nearly 20 year old ride system as "showing off," when it's already been bested several times over by Avatar.

I'm sure it'll be neat though; Soarin' 1.0 was great, but the ride system is starting to show its age

Last edited:

BuckRogers

Apr 5, 2018
The theming stuff at Tokyo Disney is so damn good. After riding Flight of Passage, though, it's hard not to see Soarin' as a prototype. Still, wish Disney would take care of/update their own rides as well as OLC does.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
I don't know if I'd consider a moderately better themed version of a nearly 20 year old ride system as "showing off," when it's already been bested several times over by Avatar.

I'm sure it'll be neat though; Soarin' 1.0 was great, but the ride system is starting to show its age
Honestly I'm talking in general.

OLC are far more willing to spend than TWDC.

OP
OP
Ottaro

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
I would say putting this amount of attention and detail into a ride that isn't based on an existing IP in 2019 is certainly something. Disney hasn't done that stateside since Everest in 2006.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
I would say putting this amount of attention and detail into a ride that isn't based on an existing IP in 2019 is certainly something. Disney hasn't done that stateside since Everest in 2006.

Arguably, Soarin' IS the IP haha

Seriously, I agree it is nice to see something original again. It'd be nice if Disney focused even more on Everest-caliber non-IP driven attractions

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ottaro

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Arguably, Soarin' IS the IP haha
lol
W0PtqAc.jpg

But yeah I feel the same. I don't mind Disney focusing on IP based attractions because they all look great, but it would be nice to get something different every once and a while.

Is it the same ride film as Soarin' Around the World?
Well the scenes in the commercial are scenes found in Soarin', so it's likely the same. I'm hoping the curved Eiffel tower at the end gets replaced with something unique to this ride. Guess we'll find out in a couple months.

I am digging the artwork they're using on merch and food:
zMCQTrD.jpg

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo DisneySea is definitely a park I'm dying to go to someday. So much different from other Disney Parks.

Zoso

Oct 27, 2017
Dear god. This theming looks better than the actual ride. Tokyo remaining the top tier Disney parks.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
That theming looks incredible. DisneySea really is an amazing park.

Shame it's just Soarin over the World though. Despite the beautiful show building, it would be another skip it attraction (along with Midway Mania) if only to maximize time on unique rides. I went on Sin Bad's Storybook Adventure like 10 times when I was there last. Low key the best ride in the park.