• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
This week's Zero One episode. XD

It is so laughably stupid, but also continues to bum me out that this show has so much good to it, and yet here is Gai just dragging it down.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Kiramager 14

Great new additions to the OP. Silver's clothes, in special, were really something. The "running with mechas" scenes is weird, tho.

Also, that MotW plot is taken pretty much out from Goranger, even the monster conflict was pretty similar. Still, more great silver development. Also great "ball finisher" with the rubble!

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just getting caught up on 0-1, really wasted no time making the female Kamen Rider a villain huh?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
My problem with Gaim toy-wise is that they clearly didn't design anything for the characters other than Kouta after the energy stuff and then you see them scrambling with kitbashes among other things for like half the series.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Gai is too despicable to be redeemed and plus in one episode?
Yeah his backstory is a bit too....late

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hopeful with the fact that Dan Kuroto went to jail that Gai is gonna help make up for his sins while still getting punished. I actually liked his backstory, melodramatic as it was. It ties into the themes of the show about how one's origin is less important than the lessons one's taught, contrasting Aruto's loving Humagear dad with Gai's cold human father. Really loving Ark right now, though.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, so I just got all of Kamen Rider Dragon Knight on DVD from Japan for only $70. This is usually in the hundreds. Mandarake is absolutely amazing.

What's up with the used market in Japan though? These dvds and the Kuuga blu rays I got were pretty much new. I know on gaming side, I've read that used items werent that popular back in the 90s. Is that true for other industries in Japan too?

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, so I just got all of Kamen Rider Dragon Knight on DVD from Japan for only $70. This is usually in the hundreds. Mandarake is absolutely amazing.

What's up with the used market in Japan though? These dvds and the Kuuga blu rays I got were pretty much new. I know on gaming side, I've read that used items werent that popular back in the 90s. Is that true for other industries in Japan too?

Japanese used items are pretty flawless because people who buy that kind of stuff always keep them in incredible nick.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
When I buy items from Japan and it says "package heavily damaged" the box might have BARELY squished corner, not even something that would be on my radar. Mandarake is amazing, though shipping right now sucks unless you want to pay out the ass for DHL :(

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
When I buy items from Japan and it says "package heavily damaged" the box might have BARELY squished corner, not even something that would be on my radar. Mandarake is amazing, though shipping right now sucks unless you want to pay out the ass for DHL :(
How much is shipping to your area? They've been charging me around $10.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Jesus, that's weird. I'm in the US too, but they haven't been charging me a lot for shipping.

It's possible I haven't dug deep enough into costs, but for things that auto-generated shipping charges they were very high for a single item, and wouldn't even give me the option for anything not-DHL. It's possible because the boxes are a little bigger and won't fit into the teeny box that is cheap.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
It's possible I haven't dug deep enough into costs, but for things that auto-generated shipping charges they were very high for a single item, and wouldn't even give me the option for anything not-DHL. It's possible because the boxes are a little bigger and won't fit into the teeny box that is cheap.
That might be it. Maybe try grabbing multiple items from the same store?

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
01 - 38

I like that Gai saved all the evidence against him on a "My Crimes" folder.

Fine episode. Gai is still irredeemable, but at least we know his backstory now. Still hope he at least goes to jail.

Also, I will protect that dog with my life.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Evidence?

People turned into murderbots twice using something he made

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, it's weird how Zero-One has made the public completely irrelevant after the first arc (outside of the elections two parter). You'd think Zaia would be facing big protests due to the Zaia Spec, rather than everyone just going "ah, it was hacked, that's fine then".

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Who'd ever believe a fictional setting where the public constantly puts themselves at risk just because a rich, souless executive tells them it's alright?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
In the real world the Humagears and Aruto would recieve a lot more hate and pushback from the public than they do in the series and Gai would've been in jail after the first time he fought Fuwa as Thouser.

Oct 25, 2017
Shout Factory posted Heisei Generations Forever early as an incentive for getting TokuSHOUTsu to 5000 followers on Twitter.

Shout! TV | Watch Kamen Rider Heisei Generations Forever

A young Kamen Rider fan is granted his wish of seeing Riders in person, initiating the ultimate Japanese superhero crossover meta film. The third and final installment of the Heisei Generations series finds Kamen Rider Zi-O and Kamen Rider Build joining forces with all of the other Heisei Generation

Last edited:

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Finally caught up with Kiramager. I love Silver so much.

Still trying to catch up on 0-1 while watching W and starting Garo.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I got my Build shirt in from Amazon today and the quality is better than I expected for On Demand shirts. I want more but $30 ea is still a lot.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Build is so damn good. I just got to the part where hazard form is introduced, and that was bonkers. Show went horror like for a moment to show how terrifying Sento became right there.

Been planning to eventually get around to this show, but the Heisei movie and getting the Build model kit made that sooner than later. :P

IMG_20200715_172151690.jpg

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on Zero1, episode 22.

So the only satisfying way this plot ends is with Gai being choked out, un-transformed.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The only good things about Ghost are the suits and some of Necrom's story. Wizard has more than that and the things it's bad at are worse in Ghost.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Wizard has boring and annoying characters and the plot barely advances and the humour is awful and the villains suck

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Wizard has boring and annoying characters and the plot barely advances and the humour is awful and the villains suck
I thought the villians were fine outside of the final one. Phoenix and Medusa were interesting in different ways and Gremlin's host being a serial killer that didn't lose his original personality was a nice twist

Ghost probably has the worst villains in the series.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I thought the villians were fine outside of the final one. Phoenix and Medusa were interesting in different ways and Gremlin's host being a serial killer that didn't lose his original personality was a nice twist

Ghost probably has the worst villains in the series.
The Phantoms were incompetent and barely succeded. Gremlins twist didn't amount to anything

Yeah, the Ganma look like ass and are so lame, Gammaizers too. Is Adel even a character?

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
the only thing i really liked about Ghost was Necrom's henshin device

STAND BY
YES SIR

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
At least Ghost had Alain. The only good thing about Wizard was that Kyoryuger aired in the same timeblock.