• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Late but anyone else hate the Sonic Arrow from Gaim? It makes all the riders who use pretty much the same character/suit

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
We never got Jimba Melon. 😭

The SIC came out. In fact, they did the full Melon lineup.

IMG_8031_grande.JPG

61OMQRo0uOL._AC_SY741_.jpg

1-8.jpg

And they did Melon Kachidoki over in Figuarts.
517XlT2HOsL._AC.jpg

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Speaking of Gaim

do people think that Micchy got off too easy? I mean it's said he was deceived by the Overlords and that's why people were so willing to give him another chance, but Micchy was getting into shady stuff long before the Overlords came in and sure he was thrust into a situation he couldn't handled by his brother, he still made all of his decisions on his own. The Overlords or Yggdrasil didn't tell him shoot Kouta in the back, capture Rica and Rat, nearly kill his brother, impersonate his brother, etc.

Last edited:

coredecepts

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe put comments about full character arcs behind a spoiler right after a poster said they're barely in the middle of the show.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Make sure to set your reminders for the KR panel tonight at 4PM PDT/7PM EDT, and then Heisei Generations Forever tonight at 5PM PDT/8PM EDT

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's so surreal watching a Kamen Rider with an OFFICIAL translation. I know Kuuga is out now, but I skipped that since I already saw it before. So this is a first for me. And it only seems like it'll go up from here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I was wonder what you guys were talking about, finally figured out the movie was on

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
man some of the Rider team-ups are actaully kinda cool

Fire Team
Blade Team
Demonic Team
Decade Team

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wait what? Is woz supposed to have some sort of connection to Phillip?
At first I thought maybe they wrote that scene for Phillip and they couldn't get the actor...

Apparently it's just a joke like Sougo doing the Shinnosuke brain blast moment.

Anyways the finale fight scene of Heisei Generations is amazing.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's a minor nitpick, but I really wish they would go back to the Masked translation instead of going with Kamen Rider...*sigh* stupid Dragon Knight...

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
The movie will be available August 1st for streaming via Shout Factory platforms (pluto/shoutfactorytv/Amazon (I think?)

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm just saying the director said it wasnt to be taken literally iirc

It wasn't the director, it was Shirakura, the producer. However, he often doesn't seem that close to the final product and his comments can be off (like when he didn't even realize that W Watch got used in Zi-O's tv series after this movie). This is clearly one of those cases since Woz physically interacts with it to obtain an item, so it wasn't written just as visualization of his thoughts like he claimed.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Man I was so happy to see the movie live and chatting in the discord. It was really weird at first, but the movie got pretty good once the other riders started appearing and had one hell of a final fight.

Course I am definitely missing some context with Build, which I am still early on with. XD

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
James Gunn hyping up Rider and KR Trending is something I never thought I would ever see.

I watched the stream last night. It certainly was great to see an official stream of a RIder movie with well done subs. I do think it's weird that this was released before Build or Zi-O were officially localized considering that the plot comes off as a total clusterfuck without being familiar with most of the Heisei riders (there's a point where all these clever references to older series start firing off one after another). Otherwise for long time fans it was a pretty great serving of nostalgia and one of the better Movie Wars entries.

P.S. Not finding out the identity of Another W is something that will never stop bothering me.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
I watched the stream last night. It certainly was great to see an official stream of a RIder movie with well done subs. I do think it's weird that this was released before Build or Zi-O were officially localized considering that the plot comes off as a total clusterfuck without being familiar with most of the Heisei riders (there's a point where all these clever references to older series start firing off one after another). Otherwise for long time fans it was a pretty great serving of nostalgia and one of the better Movie Wars entries.

P.S. Not finding out the identity of Another W is something that will never stop bothering me.

Same Another W looks SO cool and is my favourite Another Rider.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Ultraman Z - 04

This week's Kaiju was kinda cute, hahaha. It's those eyes.

Windom's design being even mode oldschool than Sevenger is the cherry on the top.

And holy shit, that ending. Ultraman really is on a whole another level on fanservice.

Jugglus Juggler is back HELL YES!

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Late but anyone else hate the Sonic Arrow from Gaim? It makes all the riders who use pretty much the same character/suit
Bit late on the reply, but what makes the Sonic Arrow worse is that it's... a bow. Many other weapons would be a lot easier to vary fighting style and attacks/abilities. Gaim tries to an extent (but it's more trying to deliver some good fighting with them if anything - the bow vs bow fight between Gaim Jinba and Marika was a standout on that front) but it's just hard to vary when you have as many Sonic Arrow users as Gaim ended up with.

Suit similarities didn't bother me at all. I think visually the Genesis Riders all looked unique enough. Whenever you have a series with a ton of Riders, they're gonna share costume parts, which is fine. Also why in these series, everyone is usually explicitly using the exact same tech for that reason. I feel like it can help the designs in cases, since it usually makes sure that the undersuits/base parts have a solid design. I really like most Gaim designs, for one, and the Kabuto designs are sexy as all hell, while 2-4 Rider series where they are using different tech I can find the designs to be more hit and miss as far as the secondaries go.