• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the amount of setup they're doing for this Beast Morphers team-up is ridiculous. In today's episode we got:

- Keeper coming back
- Snide being revived
- Rhijack's stolen goodies being revealed as: Sledge and his crew's weapons, Lord Zedd's Staff, Snide's sword, the Psycho Ranger data cards, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting
- We got a team-up morph.
- The Dino Charge rangers popped up to help get Keeper. Chase, Koda, Tyler, and Ivan showed up unmorphed. Shelby and Riley showed up morphed and had a line each. Pretty sure they recycled a line from Riley and then just used an impersonator for Shelby?
- Keeper got his staff stolen.
- Dino Charge rangers went back to their neck of the multi-verse.
- Keeper left for reasons (???) without his staff.

Now it's just a matter of seeing who gets revived to fight in the actual team up. I wanna say Lord Zedd, but I feel like they could bring back Thrax too. Thrax sucked, but having him back would be a nice little continuity thing.

This is the best team-up material we've gotten in so long.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
So these last few episodes of Beast Morphers leading up to the teamup have been pretty good. There's been a lot of connection to previous seasons.

- Devon asks Nate for his ranger archive books to see if there's anything he can use to separate his dad and Evox. He reads about Dillion's (RPM Black Ranger) situation and contacts Dr. K. She's looking good for herself and they wrote her very well! She tells him that Dillion's situation was different, but the Dino Charge rangers used a separation device to free Xenowing from Doomwing so that might work. Devon eventually uses it to free his dad. End of that episode.

EafDllEUEAEP9vn

- Nate has a Ranger Vault where he stores past rangers' weapons and morphers. He said he used them to build some of the team's weapons, which is super apparent once you look at everything he has.

Ranger Vault

- Gavan popped up for two episodes. He's called Captain Chaku. His suit looks weird in US footage. It's a lot less shiny. But, his fight scenes with the rangers were nice. He was chasing after a guy named Rhijack. Rhijack's a dangerous relic hunter who's after Nate's Ranger Vault. Rhijack also has a device that reanimates monsters. He uses this to bring back the Putties and Vivix to fight the rangers and help with his plans

- Rhijack uses a device he found in the ruins of Andresia (Orion's home planet) to make himself grow and we get our megazord fight. Captain Chaku gets his Lizard ship thing to help defeat Rhijack. He goes home to be with his daughter. Oh and in the middle of the fight, Rhijack drops the reanimator and Scrozzle nabs it. So that will probably be used to bring back whatever past villains for tomorrow's teamup.

A lot of the stuff in the Gavan two-parter could've been a great setup for a Lupin x Pat season.

The real Blaze and Roxi are still nowhere to be found smh.

So, Ravi doesn't care that his girlfriend has disappeared?

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Oh Man, today's episode of Beast Morphers was a doozy in all the worst ways.
- The episode revolves around Evox's crew and Sledge trying to figure out what warrior to bring back to fight the rangers. They're using diamonds to power Rhijack's reanimator, but they could only get enough diamonds for one revive.
- Roxy suggests Astronema. We see clips of her being a boss, someone shoots down that idea because she became good and eventually a ranger. We see clips of Countdown to Destruction and when she morphed for the first time.
- Someone suggests Koragg, but same thing, he became good and became a ranger.
- Blaze suggests Psycho Red, but that's shot down because Psycho Red was too obsessed with destroyed Red Rangers only. We see clips of Pyscho Red fighting the Space rangers, followed by their defeat in To The Tenth Power. They would've brought him back if they had all five Psycho Ranger data cards, though. Makes me wonder where the rest are.
- Finally, someone suggests Lord Zedd. We see clips of him fighting Tommy. Obviously this is the best choice, but this is also shutdown because they think he'll betray them. We cut to a clip of Zedd, RIta, and family blowing up King Mondoo (as Roxy calls him intentionally).
- Evox finally chooses and revives Goldar, for reasons? It's like Season 2 and 3 didn't exist, but whatever. Goldar gets revived as his form from the Dino teamup. Oh and his voice is different too. Is Kerrigan Mahan union or something? Idk why they didn't just ask him to return.

Now, all this is fine and dandy except, every voice (except Koragg and Leanbow I think?) in those clips got redubbed, and the music and sound effects were replaced. This probably has something to do with music rights from the original clips, but oh my god. The voices they used were awful, and the music and sound effects highlight a huge problem with today's Power Rangers. The music and sound effects we get today just suck. The new stuff completely deflates the epicness of the To The Tenth Power fight scenes. I hope they get a new composer for DIno Fury, because they really need to try harder.

Oh and the villains mispronounce Koragg and Mondo for some odd reason.

Anyway, Sledge calls Goldar a chump and then proceeds to get one shotted but Goldar. Oh, and the rest of Sledge's crew got blown up by the Beast Morphers. Honestly, Sledge and his crew didn't deserve that. I wish they had stayed. Having them as a recurring thing for these teamups was nice.

This episode would've been perfectly fine if they just put music over the archive footage. The dub and other changes just ruin the moment though.

Anywho, the rangers who aren't returning for Grid Connection tomorrow will probably be redubbed and it'll probably be dreadful. I'm not ready for this.

Last edited:

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Oh Man, today's episode of Beast Morphers was a doozy in all the worst ways.
- The episode revolves around Evox's crew and Sledge trying to figure out what warrior to bring back to fight the rangers. They're using diamonds to power Rhijack's reanimator, but they could only get enough diamonds for one revive.
- Roxy suggests Astronema. We see clips of her being a boss, someone shoots down that idea because she became good and eventually a ranger. We see clips of Countdown to Destruction and when she morphed for the first time.
- Someone suggests Koragg, but same thing, he became good and became a ranger.
- Blaze suggests Psycho Red, but that's shot down because Psycho Red was too obsessed with destroyed Red Rangers only. We see clips of Pyscho Red fighting the Space rangers, followed by their defeat in To The Tenth Power. They would've brought him back if they had all five Psycho Ranger data cards, though. Makes me wonder where the rest are.
- Finally, someone suggests Lord Zedd. We see clips of him fighting Tommy. Obviously this is the best choice, but this is also shutdown because they think he'll betray them. We cut to a clip of Zedd, RIta, and family blowing up King Mondoo (as Roxy calls him intentionally).
- Evox finally chooses and revives Goldar, for reasons? It's like Season 2 and 3 didn't exist, but whatever. Goldar gets revived as his form from the Dino teamup. Oh and his voice is different too. Is Kerrigan Mahan union or something? Idk why they didn't just ask him to return.

Now, all this is fine and dandy except, every voice in those clips got redubbed, and the music and sound effects were replaced. This probably has something to do with music rights from the original clips, but oh my god. The voices they used were awful, and the music and sound effects highlight a huge problem with today's Power Rangers. The music and sound effects we get today just suck. The new stuff completely deflates the epicness of the To The Tenth Power fight scenes. I hope they get a new composer for DIno Fury, because they really need to try harder.

Oh and the villains mispronounce Koragg and Mondo for some odd reason.

Anyway, Sledge calls Goldar a chump and then proceeds to get one shotted but Goldar. Oh, and the rest of Sledge's crew got blown up by the Beast Morphers. Honestly, Sledge and his crew didn't deserve that. I wish they had stayed. Having them as a recurring thing for these teamups was nice.

This episode would've been perfectly fine if they just put music over the archive footage. The dub and other changes just ruin the moment though.

Anywho, the rangers who aren't returning for Grid Connection tomorrow will probably be redubbed and it'll probably be dreadful. I'm not ready for this.

Well, that's awful. It's an edited clip-show.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Whelp, the teamup was decent.

- Episode opens with Keeper arriving at Grid Battleforce. He tells the rangers that he's had a vision from the Morphin Grid. He saw various ranger teams teaming up and getting beaten. He also saw Devon get hit by a meteor. Devon is skeptical about all of this, for reasons?? Devon being skeptical made no sense.
- Devon takes Cruise and goes somewhere for something video game related, then gets hit by a meteor.
- The others get a message at Grid Battleforce. Tyler is calling them on his Dino Com. The Dino Charge rangers are under attack by Goldar Maximus, Snide, Triptoids, Putties, and Tronics.
- Tyler opens a portal and the Beast Morpher rangers (minus Devon) run through to help.
- Everyone gets beat. The Dino Charge rangers (minus Shelby and Riley who are nowhere to be found) get their energems stolen.
- Devon and Cruise get back to the base just as Ravi contacts Grid Battleforce. He tells them their morphers and weapons have been destroyed and the energems taken.
- Devon suggests they use the Morphin Grid to call other rangers for help. He uses a chunk of the meteorite to enter the point in a Morph-X tower where it connects to the Morphin Grid. He sends out a signal for help. The meteorite fragment dissolves, turning into a Tyranosaurus Power Coin . Then Jason jumps through a portal.
- Anyway, Jason and Devon go to the Dino Charge dimension to help the others.
- Evox is using the energems and Keeper's staff to build an evil zord.
- Jason and Devon arrive. Jason tries to say hi to everyone, but Tyler cuts him off saying there's no time for that. Honestly, Tyler having the gall to cut off Jason like that was pretty funny.
- Anyway, Jason and the Dino Charge rangers go to a quarry where they get ambushed by Goldar, Snide, and mooks. The Beast Morpher rangers go around back for footage reasons.
- Jason flips his power coins in the air and we get an Endgame-style summon of the MMPR and 3 Dino Thunder rangers, already morphed.
- The Tyler, Koda, Chase, Ivan, and Jason all flash morph and then we get everyone posing, but no real roll call.
- Next is part of the fight from the Dino teamup movie, then Ivan blows up Roxy.
- The Dino rangers combine their weapons into a cannon and use it to blow up Goldar Maximus.
- Blaze escapes to tell Evox.
- Evox and Scrozzle finish building the zord egg.
- The Beast Morpher rangers arrive and say something snarky to Evox. Evox being himself one-shots the rangers (I honestly don't know how they're gonna get around this dude being so powerful for the finale).
- Evox stupidly leaves Blaze to finish off the rangers. Blaze says something snarky, and Devon immediately gets up and one-shots him with their Lion bow. This was embarrassing. Like, Blaze barely finished his sentence too. Blaze and Roxy are so useless.
- Evox and the Dino rangers summon their zords and fight.
- Devon summons the Lion zord, attaches it to the Dino Charge zord.
- Dino rangers + Devon fire a beam at Evox's zord and blow it up.
- Back on the ground, Jason gives some speech about there always being great power rangers teams now and in the future. They say something like rangers together. (Once a rangers, always a ranger would've been a good callback here).
- Jason opens a portal with his transportal device.
- Everyone goes home.
- Devon sticks around for a second to say this was better than a video game smh.

Anywho, this was decent. Everything was great until Jason arrived. Once he arrived, it just went south. There was tension as the teams got beaten. You kinda wonder who's gonna get to help dig them out of this mess. Yet, we also wonder why Devon had to use the Morphin Grid to call for help? Surely they have other rangers' numbers? Hell, they easily got in contact with Doctor K. Jason even remarks that he knows who Devon is. How does Grid Battleforce have all this tech and a VAULT with rangers gear, but not something to actually call other teams when they need help?

Anyway, Austin St. John was the worst part of this episode. Dude could not act at all. He was fine in MMPR, fine in Forever Red, but awful here. His voice was deeper and sounded cool, but it was like dude was just phoning this in. Everyone in Dimensions in Danger did a FAR better job than Austin does in Grid Connection. The Dino Charge rangers do a better job too. The fight between the Dino rangers and Goldar Maximus felt rushed and not as epic as it should have been. The zord battle was fine, though.

This would've been better if they had gotten Johnny Young Bosch, which they almost did. They invited him, then uninvited him, presumably because Austin got back to them. Adam for sure would've gotten at least one unmorphed fight. Plus, dude can still act. How do you get Jason back, but don't give him any unmorphed fight scenes? I don't think he even fought any Putties smh.

The teamup was decent. The whole arc was great, but yeah this teamup could've been a lot better.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It's odd how rushed this episode was. They even skipped some Sentai footage of the dino team up. They could have started this plot in a previous episode and started this episode from Jason's arrival. That way they wouldn't have needed to cut usable footage. And, yeah, Jason felt fairly stiff here outside of the VA-only bits.

Oct 25, 2017
Watched some clips on twitter, looked flaccid. Watched the sentai movie, shit's still good.

cJFdMIz.jpg

p9suNXh.png

Still love Sakamoto's directing, always came up with fresh ways to film the roll call whether it be mid fight or what.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Anyone who wants to watch, Ultraman Z is available on Youtube for free, each episode will be there for two weeks. There are official subs too, and no region lock!

That said...

Ultraman Z 01

First of all, good OP and ED, different from what I'm used to (just watched Orb and Geed, so...)

Pretty normal Ultraman origin story this time, main character has to fuse with an Ultraman or both will die, he's a nice guy, yadda yadda. The whole transformation tutorial was really funny too. Doubles as a toy manual, hahahaha. Good fight, overall good episode. I like the support cast. Nice to see Juggler's actor back, too.

Oct 25, 2017
DTJA33N.png

Wonder if they start using this for title cards going forward

Also there's a web store and physical store opening up
www.kamen-rider-official.com

仮面ライダーWEB【公式】|東映

仮面ライダーシリーズ公式サイトです。令和仮面ライダー第5作となる「仮面ライダーガッチャード」や前作品「仮面ライダーギーツ」「仮面ライダーリバイス」の番組や映画の紹介は勿論、グッズ商品やイベントの情報などシリーズ全般で掲載していきます。

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'd guess it's just a merchandising logo.

Anyway, they finally acknowledged that the Zero-One movie is getting delayed, although no official date for now.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man I'm so behind on all the weekly shows I was watching but then I remember...oh yeah they're off.

Like I'm a single episode behind in Zero One but for some reason I thought I had multiple episodes to catch up on. I mean I haven't watched the clip shows but eh.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Man I'm so behind on all the weekly shows I was watching but then I remember...oh yeah they're off.

Like I'm a single episode behind in Zero One but for some reason I thought I had multiple episodes to catch up on. I mean I haven't watched the clip shows but eh.
They did all the build up to Zero-One's next villain in the first two clip shows (President Special) and now 35.5. So, 36 seems to already go ahead with him. Of course, the episode hasn't aired yet, so we don't know how sudden his appearance will feel if you skip all recaps.

Nov 23, 2017
Hey peeps! Over the last couple months, I started binge watching Power Rangers shows on Netflix with my fiancee. I started with Mighty Morphin and just finished Lightspeed Rescue. In Space is my favorite so far with Turbo and Lightspeed Rescue being at the bottom for me. Excited to continue on and watch Time Force.

Being 32 years old, I didn't expect to have as much fun as I am watching this. I only remembered Mighty Morphin as a kid so a lot of this is new to me. Loved In Space and Lost Galaxy and hope more of the next ones I'm watching are like those.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Hey peeps! Over the last couple months, I started binge watching Power Rangers shows on Netflix with my fiancee. I started with Mighty Morphin and just finished Lightspeed Rescue. In Space is my favorite so far with Turbo and Lightspeed Rescue being at the bottom for me. Excited to continue on and watch Time Force.

Being 32 years old, I didn't expect to have as much fun as I am watching this. I only remembered Mighty Morphin as a kid so a lot of this is new to me. Loved In Space and Lost Galaxy and hope more of the next ones I'm watching are like those.

Time Force is next so you're in great shape going forward. I personally liked some of the Disney era the best (it definitely had lows, but its highs are my favorite of the entire franchise).

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Zero-One 35.5

It's funny to see how soncial distancing rules has changed at least this episode. Only two actors on the same scene, with some distance from them.

Aside from that, eh, another recap. At least we got more info on Naki, I guess.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
After slowing down my pace a lot while watching other things, I made it through the back half of Hurricanger relatively quickly. I don't think it's in my Top 10 and it's sitting as only my second favorite ninja series after Kakuranger, but it was really damn solid overall. Great designs, the core three were engaging, villains weren't the best but were entertaining (Sandaaru elevated the final cour a lot, though I have a weakness for Shuuichi Ikeda).

Probably gonna give Gaoranger a second chance next, bounced to Hurri after like 5 episodes because it was so damn dull. Though maybe I'll catch up on Kiramager and Zero-One first. Hadn't watched Kira 10 before the hiatus and I'm probably close to 10 eps behind on Zero-One because the competition arc just fucking sucked all the momentum the series had dry and then some.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Went looking for Kamen Rider Naki designs. Seems like the thinking is she would be a recolored assualt wolf or a riderized jackal.

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
Beast Morphers pulling out all the fucking stops with its finale arc.

11 years later.........what a way to end Chips rein.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Evox is Venjix. Evox reveals taht when Nate was a kiddo, he experimented on Scott's Cell Shift Morpher to combine snake DNA with Morph-X. That backfired, combined, and created the Venjix virus. In ep 19, Evox gets into the base, gets to Scott's morpher and downloads the rest of the Venjix virus to his system. Doctor K comes to Grid Battleforce to help the team develop an arrow they can use with the Beast X King Bow to destroy Venjix. They test it out on Blaze and it works. Then Doctor K leaves for the RPM dimension to make sure remnants of Venjix aren't there. No mention of what the RPM rangers are doing, though.

Beast Morphers pulling out all the fucking stops with its finale arc.

11 years later.........what a way to end Chips rein.
Yeah, this episode was pretty good. I just wish the RPM rangers came along. I don't at all believe they'd hear about Venjix being loose again and not immediately spring into action.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
After so much delay...

Kiramei 11

So, Tametomo also plays Tekken? Probably anything Bamco, really, hahahaha.

I really missed this series. Good to see it hasn't lost it's touch after all this time. Well, I guess it'll be more felt in the next couple weeks, but still, so good. Good way of reusing footage too, hahaha. Also funny that Tame was pretty quick about finding the loop and changing things. Really creative.

Again, Kiramei is being really creative with old tropes. The monster designs are alto great in their cheapness.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I hope they go the opposite route and do an origin story, with Red being Zordon, Green being Rita, Houou being Zedd, etc.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Ultraman Z 02

This is a good series. Good to see Sevenger is still used, too, that design is just too great. Nice episode, worked well to develop the team. The fight was awesome, as always.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Nice twist on Ark's power

He doesn't summon weapons, he 3-D prints them on demand, then tosses them away

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Also, the episode started straight from 35.5's ending. No recap or explanation if you skipped it.

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
I think KirameiSilver's intro is going to be one of my favorites of a 6th Ranger ever. that was so fun

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Evox is Venjix. Evox reveals taht when Nate was a kiddo, he experimented on Scott's Cell Shift Morpher to combine snake DNA with Morph-X. That backfired, combined, and created the Venjix virus. In ep 19, Evox gets into the base, gets to Scott's morpher and downloads the rest of the Venjix virus to his system. Doctor K comes to Grid Battleforce to help the team develop an arrow they can use with the Beast X King Bow to destroy Venjix. They test it out on Blaze and it works. Then Doctor K leaves for the RPM dimension to make sure remnants of Venjix aren't there. No mention of what the RPM rangers are doing, though.

Yeah, this episode was pretty good. I just wish the RPM rangers came along. I don't at all believe they'd hear about Venjix being loose again and not immediately spring into action.

Wait hold on. How did Nate get that exactly? Different Dimensions and all.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Wait hold on. How did Nate get that exactly? Different Dimensions and all.
I assume they just gave it to him. The team mentions taking Ranger history classes at points throughout the last half of the season, and nate has a binder of Ranger stuff, so I assume they've got connects.