• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Evox is still a primary villain? Usually, a hidden villain would appear to take over the position as a lead antagonist but I doubt his robot flunkies are planning to betray him. Well, Scrozzle had a slight chance of becoming the next main villain.

Yep. Only instead of a holographic snake, he uses Messiah Cell's body for the second season. Along with the mayor's body.
The "new" antagonists are Robo-Blaze and Robo-Roxy, based on Enter Unite and Escape Evolve. They can be blown up multiple times but keep coming back.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Yep. Only instead of a holographic snake, he uses Messiah Cell's body for the second season. Along with the mayor's body.
The "new" antagonists are Robo-Blaze and Robo-Roxy, based on Enter Unite and Escape Evolve. They can be blown up multiple times but keep coming back.

Synth Roxy and Blaze are just punching bags because they barely have any personalities.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Kiramei 08

Another nice episode. Good to see the mentor... mentoring, I guess. We'll probably need new enemy generals for variety soon-ish, but Garza is working really well, hope they don't kill him too soon - he feels like an endgame boss for sure.

And we ToQ now! I like that the other train didn't just convert to a new Kirameigers mecha or something. This makes things more interesting!

Just like with Garu/Zoro, I cannot not hear Kivat when the King speaks, heh.

Oct 25, 2017
caught up with zero one. It's a bit iffy but i'm enjoying the current plot dev.

Caught up with the new garo as well... and I'm really enjoying it so far! I just hope it doesn't lose it's current energy once the armors are involved.... and the garo armor cg looked real bad...

Oct 25, 2017
well the sao connection is the most obvious spoiler but... yeah the premise seems to be 100 folks get mysterious VR glasses and there is some horrors and garo armor involved. And if you die then well... you know how it goes in garo lol.

The cast is interesting so far, and plenty of 'no suit' action of people beating the shit outta each other.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY

Bio Booster Armoire

Prophet of Truth
Apr 21, 2020
So Kuuga is pretty messed up for a show ostensibly aimed at children and teenagers, huh? If I'd seen that Mikado scene as a nipper I would've been scarred for life.
mikado-no.jpg

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Early Rider could get pretty explicit with showing monsters killing people, but compared to the earlier series Kuuga also has a more down to earth atmosphere and a stronger sense of the characters living in a local community which adds to the impact of everything.

Oct 28, 2017
There's a lot of really fucked up deaths in Kuuga and Agito. There's that one MOTW that teleports people inside objects and leaves them there to suffocate and die. I think its in Agito, one of the very early enemies. Just absolutely fucked up to think about.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Have not finished watching Kuuga, but all of them are really nightmarish. Like, the bee guy that snips people from above or the guy that glues explosives to people.

And then there is kinda dumb, like the guy who runs people over slowly in reverse using a truck.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I'm a little more than half way through OOO right now, finished episode 28 last night and... that was a weird anniversary celebration that I had no idea existed, but fun nonetheless. I'm contemplating for my next series if I jump right into Fourze to keep moving forward or if I jump back and check out Den-O or maybe Kiva. I keep seeing a ton of Den-O stuff popping up and want to know more about it (since there's a new movie coming out iirc?). Any thoughts on the detour?

I also checked out how some older Heisei series look like Hibiki and man... that filming/framerate or whatever is atrocious, I honestly don't know if I'm gonna be able to watch anything pre-Kabuto unless there's a filter I can use or something.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I assume Fuwa signed up for A.I.M.S, why would he need a chip for extra motivation? In a just world next ep would be Gai showing up, ripping off his shirt and revealing ARK and him are now one. Big battle then the end.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I assume Fuwa signed up for A.I.M.S, why would he need a chip for extra motivation? In a just world next ep would be Gai showing up, ripping off his shirt and revealing ARK and him are now one. Big battle then the end.
AIMS in general has issues and was underdeveloped. They're basically just a company for nameless grunts to fight Humagears because Gai said so. For all we know Fuwa loved Humagears lol.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
So Kuuga is pretty messed up for a show ostensibly aimed at children and teenagers, huh? If I'd seen that Mikado scene as a nipper I would've been scarred for life.
mikado-no.jpg
My partner was acknowledging the same, as we just started watching it. (Rewatch for me, new for them.)
Have not finished watching Kuuga, but all of them are really nightmarish. Like, the bee guy that snips people from above or the guy that glues explosives to people.

And then there is kinda dumb, like the guy who runs people over slowly in reverse using a truck.

Kuuga basically is Criminal Mind/CSI + Rider Show.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Kuuga basically is Criminal Mind/CSI + Rider Show.

It's one of the things I quite liked about it. The villains are essentially a race of serial killers with different MOs and preferred victims.

The first encounter between Kuuga and the final boss is nightmarish. Also a tad sudden as I thought I had missed an episode at first.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
AIMS in general has issues and was underdeveloped. They're basically just a company for nameless grunts to fight Humagears because Gai said so. For all we know Fuwa loved Humagears lol.
Reminds me of the outfit from Kiva, they never got any development beyond making IXA. They should take notes from Ultraman, at least their groups look flushed out. We really believe AIMS has anything but that one van and a a few grunts?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Blue Sky literally had to fail catching every Fangire so the modern part could happen.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of the outfit from Kiva, they never got any development beyond making IXA. They should take notes from Ultraman, at least their groups look flushed out. We really believe AIMS has anything but that one van and a a few grunts?
Fuwa is the only actual character from AIMS and he left offscreen. The Kiva organization at least had more than that, though as previously mentioned they were extremely incompetent lol.

AIMS should have at least gotten a recurring character to play the boss or a rival for Fuwa. They could have done that with the Raiders, especially when they only have two suits lol.

hupla

Oct 27, 2017
Was just coming to post that! Super excited to be able to watch kuuga with my partner on our TV :D

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
The King Express mech is soooooo good. Feels like we are getting to a end point for Garza, or least him being out of action for the time being. Pretty good general overall.

NO FEAR
NO PAIN

Hope Agito is next, those two are really good.

Kuuga does some things Rider never did again and probably never will, lol.

Like the motocycle actually being used a lot? :P

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Or having an actually useful police force! :V

Lol that reminds me, I feel like AIMS used to have a full squad out and about at times, while nowadays it is like two at a time alongside Yua or Gai. XD Don't know if it was said that only two can become battle raiders at a time or something, but it cracks me up a bit either way.

Oct 28, 2017
Lol that reminds me, I feel like AIMS used to have a full squad out and about at times, while nowadays it is like two at a time alongside Yua or Gai. XD Don't know if it was said that only two can become battle raiders at a time or something, but it cracks me up a bit either way.

Responsible COVID-19 management measures.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Are the crab raiders the lamest mass production rider knockoffs? Feel like the Mages, Rider gamers, and riot troopers were better