• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
01 - 32

NEXT EPISODE, THERE IS HOPE. I'm at a point that I didn't care if they disposed of Yua together with Gai, but hey, let's see if she can have a rendemption, sure!

Because, at this point, Fuwa is the best female Rider in this series.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
01 - 32

NEXT EPISODE, THERE IS HOPE. I'm at a point that I didn't care if they disposed of Yua together with Gai, but hey, let's see if she can have a rendemption, sure!

Because, at this point, Fuwa is the best female Rider in this series.

Yua barely displays any resentment or frustration towards Gai. She doesn't show remorse for her actions.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
There will probably be a reveal that she's being controlled and then the other stuff will be ignored.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Lots of Sentai artists (and one cast) getting in on the #うたつなぎ hashtag

Just a handful here, are plenty more floating aorund.

That's awesome! I had seen the Kyurangers one, but not the others.

Maybe an awesome next season (an anniversary season, too!) will be one small silver lining to our whole terrible situation right now.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
That's awesome! I had seen the Kyurangers one, but not the others.

Maybe an awesome next season (an anniversary season, too!) will be one small silver lining to our whole terrible situation right now.
Considering that Gokaiger is one of the most successful Sentai of the last ~15 years and that Zi-O just wildly outperformed its expectations, I think odds are pretty strong for another all-out anniversary season of some sort., yeah

Oct 25, 2017
I quite dig Kiramager even if the monsters are too goofy for my liking. Maybe the stars just happen to align but this is the most into a Sentai show for a long while. Maybe after this I'll go back to a number of underrated shows I've skipped over, like TOQger or LuPat.

Everyone is politely taking a turn per episode to beat up on Thouser which is amusing and all, but I'm flat out bored. This show needs fresh villains ASAP because right now Thouser and his two goons can probably lose to a stiff breeze at this point and Horobi just exists I guess. Next episode teaser does nothing for me either. Yaiba's been so mishandled and wasted that I've nothing left to feel but sheer apathy at the prospect of her "return" as a Rider.

Hey, props to Gai's somewhat intact white blazer this week. Not sure how it's survived this round considering how OP Rampage Vulcan is compared to Zero-One MCH and Jin but that's good news for the person at ZAIA/Hiden whose job it is to use company money to replenish Gai's tattered wardrobe.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Kiramager 7

Man, they've done a good job establishing what a bastard Garza is.
Also, hello deus ex machina. I know the train was foreshadowed earlier but yeah...

Zero-One 32

That Spongebob scene really is an apt description of Gai's character now.
Izu is the best.
Glad we got the Naki thing solved for now. Wish they played a bigger part through this.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I like Jin's mid season glowup in human form more than his henshin. Though the suit itself is really ugly being worn by a relatively good looking dude as usual in this franchise lol.

Gai is a really lame character though. I'm really not understanding his point and the weird "let him do something bad, THEN get in his face" week after week like its new.

also I got his lol. I wanted the Joker SD and the big figure of Zero-One. It might be in an uninteresting villain phase but the base suit is probably one of my favorites all around.

Bio Booster Armoire

Prophet of Truth
Apr 21, 2020
Hopped aboard the Toku train a few weeks ago; currently about 30 episodes into W, and just started Kuuga. Really enjoying both so far. Sure, they're kinda goofy and the production values leave a little to be desired, but there's also a lot of creativity, great characterisation and awesome action sequences to chew on.

Looking for recommendations on what to watch next. I'm wavering between OOO, Gaim and Wizard. I know the latter gets dunked on pretty often, but those suits are the personification of swag.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Hopped aboard the Toku train a few weeks ago; currently about 30 episodes into W, and just started Kuuga. Really enjoying both so far. Sure, they're kinda goofy and the production values leave a little to be desired, but there's also a lot of creativity, great characterisation and awesome action sequences to chew on.

Looking for recommendations on what to watch next. I'm wavering between OOO, Gaim and Wizard. I know the latter gets dunked on pretty often, but those suits are the personification of swag.

Wizard is so boring, it should not be your third KR. Gaim is probably the best-constructed of the lot but I dunno how it holds up as a binge-- watching it week-to-week was pretty thrilling though. OOO has a messy back third but a super strong cast and some of the best music across the meta-series. If you're digging W you'll probably like it too.

(Also gonna suggest you make time for Fourze at some point, it's my absolute favorite.)

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017

I think Wizard's biggest sin is that it's just kinda boring? Unlike say, Ghost, which I think is considered more of an outright mess. But it varies; and the majority of people whose opinions are forming the consensus are those that watched the series week to week as it was airing; while the ability to binge makes certain issues less noticeable. Though, still, it's probably hard to recommend, especially when the two other series on your mind are pretty universally beloved.

I love Gaim, myself. It's definitely unique among many of the series. It has a ton of Riders, great characters, and a mostly excellent plot - unlike most of its contemporaries, which are generally built around 2-episode arc structures and a more gradual plot, everything is generally one big narrative always moving forward. The stakes evolve constantly and

Bio Booster Armoire

Prophet of Truth
Apr 21, 2020
I love Gaim, myself. It's definitely unique among many of the series.

Gaim is probably the best-constructed of the lot...

(Also gonna suggest you make time for Fourze at some point, it's my absolute favorite.)

I was leaning towards Gaim, especially as it sounds like more of a departure from W, so this seals the deal. Cheers.

Fourze (fittingly) was actually fourth on my list, so I'll probably get round to that one sooner rather than later.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I was leaning towards Gaim, especially as it sounds like more of a departure from W, so this seals the deal. Cheers.

Fourze (fittingly) was actually fourth on my list, so I'll probably get round to that one sooner rather than later.

I'm just watching through the phase 2 Heisei era riders in order (I watched Build as my first Rider series, and then went back to W, and now I'm about half way through OOO) and that seems like it's working for me. If I don't like a series I'll just drop it or something, but I wanna see how the series evolved in the modern era.

Obviously go for whatever you want, my only real goal is to just watch as many as I can before I get to Zi-O so I get more references/know who people are.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just watching through the phase 2 Heisei era riders in order (I watched Build as my first Rider series, and then went back to W, and now I'm about half way through OOO) and that seems like it's working for me. If I don't like a series I'll just drop it or something, but I wanna see how the series evolved in the modern era.

Obviously go for whatever you want, my only real goal is to just watch as many as I can before I get to Zi-O so I get more references/know who people are.

It's funny you watched Blade because it's one of, like, three Zi-O arcs that functions as a sequel to the show. (It's also one of the few actually good arcs). A lot of the other series are ill-served by their arcs which absolutely stinks.

Oct 28, 2017
Every show should be watched, but you should never let a show set the standard or expectation for what others will give you.

Like if anyone ever watched Wizard or Ghost and thought that was what you could get from KR, and never interacted with the other shows, that'd be a fucking tragedy.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I like Jin's mid season glowup in human form more than his henshin. Though the suit itself is really ugly being worn by a relatively good looking dude as usual in this franchise lol.

Gai is a really lame character though. I'm really not understanding his point and the weird "let him do something bad, THEN get in his face" week after week like its new.

also I got his lol. I wanted the Joker SD and the big figure of Zero-One. It might be in an uninteresting villain phase but the base suit is probably one of my favorites all around.

Why the suit look like it was stitched together from 4 better looking suits?

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Why the suit look like it was stitched together from 4 better looking suits?
Because it is!
latest

Why, I dunno haha. I'm also willing to bet there are a dozen suits of this style somewhere here in Japan sitting in an upscale boutique.

It also took me 29 episodes to realize Aruto's style is him wearing a business suit jacket over his hoodie.
fe9704db5a21714e915a300bca7cb496.jpg

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
It's here.

The suit is a collaboration with Kazuki Nagayama, a fashion brand. The suit features a design that's half black on one side and black with white stripes on the other. It is an all-in-one suit using the fabric of Harris of Edinburgh, founded in 1863 and loved by royals and nobles in Europe as well as many VIPs. The elegant suit, built by the finest merino wool, is durable and resistant to friction.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
That reminded me of the time Toei caught a company making bootleg Gokaiger cosplay.

Hiroshima Prefecture police arrested 39-year-old Nobue Katō, president of Nagai Works, on Wednesday on suspicion of violating Japan's copyright laws by selling unauthorized cosplay. According to police, Katō and the Hiroshima city-based company earned about 300 million yen (about US$3.04 million) from sales of sentai (live-action costumed superhero squad) cosplay without obtaining permission from copyright holders.

Oct 25, 2017
Beast Morphers Spring "Finale"

Now that's a cliffhanger. At least they had this last longer than Heckyl in Dino Charge.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
I think he's just trapped in the Cyber Dimension. Nickelodeon likely won't let them kill him off.

Evox is still a primary villain? Usually, a hidden villain would appear to take over the position as a lead antagonist but I doubt his robot flunkies are planning to betray him. Well, Scrozzle had a slight chance of becoming the next main villain.