• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Some of these Toku heroes I wanna see brought back as cameos.

Like in Chojin Bibyuun the suit designs are apparently rejected Rider designs...make that into the plot of a film.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, just finished watching ep 1 of zubat. This show is awesome. Has anyone subbed the full series?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I like that both looks are related. Trilobites are the ancestor of horseshoe crabs

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
So the Toei Tokusatsu youtube channel is up and running, but some content is region blocked. No Super Sentai or anything that was adapted by Saban if you are in the US or Mexico it seems.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Ended up being interested in Kaiketsu Zubat, Space Cop Gavan, Nile Girl Thutmose, and maybe Mobile Cop Jiban. Be interesting to see how this plays out.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Kirameiger 05

I love how Goranger those monsters are. Keep it simple like that!

Another amazingly good episode. Love that all the mechas not only have personalities, but are also part of the plot! Didn't expect Yellow to have a sad backstory, too. Some creative ways to not filme in public too, cutting from the streets to the rooftop.The whole plot *not* focusing on the MotW was another good idea.

Also, seems like the giant monsters follow a couple basic designs with different masks. I like how they are spicing things up there, too.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I watched Jiban and Zubat on the Toei youtube.

Jiban was what I expected, but Zubat was willlld.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
01 - 30

While I like the idea for this arc, I'm not looking forward for Gai as a villain for yet another arc. He's not only not an interesting villain, nor smart, he's also weak as hell.

However, for this arc to work, he'll have to be there and at the command of Hiden. So, meh.

Still, at least Aruto is getting better!

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
01 - 30

While I like the idea for this arc, I'm not looking forward for Gai as a villain for yet another arc. He's not only not an interesting villain, nor smart, he's also weak as hell.

However, for this arc to work, he'll have to be there and at the command of Hiden. So, meh.

Still, at least Aruto is getting better!

His victory over Hiden Intelligence was completely pointless.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Watched for the first time the two episodes of Jiraiya. Really liked it, hopefuly they upload more episodes.

I don't think it was ever aired in my country, but that did not stop the arrival of toys based on the show.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
GAI LAUNCHES ROBOT GENOCIDE...

Oh here's a funny song where the VP sucks up to him. 🤣

Man the VP and his assistant are let downs imo. They started interesting but disappeared throughout so much of the last arc it's weird to see them reduced to sucking up to Gai.

Like is Shesez or whatever her name is dead?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Weird because in the fire episode the VP and dude seemed to be concerned for her when she began to malfunction.

Those characters are a waste imo but maybe they'll do something cool with them.

Oct 25, 2017
You'd think Hiden Intelligence's solicitors would want a word with Aruto about his new company's choice of name.

Yeah, the vice president is such a wasted character for someone whose actor was part of the press conference and is in the opening along with his yes-man and Humagear. They've barely even played up his bitterness at having lost the chance to be president and he's just another superficial bit of comic relief.

Ugh. I don't know if I can be interested in seeing several episodes worth of Thouser and his goons being jobbers no matter how cathartic it should be. He jobbed to Fuwa last episode, jobs to MetalCluster Hopper again this episode, will presumably job next episode yet again to MCH & Jin...and maybe the episodes after that when Yua hopefully gets her shit together. It's great that Aruto is finally being a proactive protagonist slowly working his way up to beat Gai at his own game but you undercut the threat posed by him when Thouser is in the process of losing battles in every episode now. We already know that MCH can best Thouser in martial combat. What Aruto needs to do is get better as a corporate president and genuinely score a win against Gai not in the capacity of Kamen Rider Zero-One but as a person and a president. As such all these battle encounters with Thouser right now are pointless. Thouser loses and just staggers off prepared to do the same the next day and no one takes him seriously outside of a corporate HQ.

Are Yuya Takahashi and the producer (whose name I've forgotten) still insisting that Gai isn't a villain but is just an antagonist? He just watched Aruto being gunned down and continued to smirk contently like this was ultimately still part of the plan and for all he knew, another human being just died in front of him. There is absolutely no way this character can ever leave the show as anything other than a villain.

Last edited:

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I can't help but think about the costume person that has to take a fine set of duds every wweek and burn holes in them and rub them in dirt cause Gai got beat again

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm just waiting for the shocking twist that gasp! the Ark has been taking advantage of Gai's dickhead behaviour this entire time and oh no, the chess master is himself yet another pawn being used by the very entity he played a hand in creating!

Also Gai should probably get a new legal team. His current one clearly didn't read through the contracts thoroughly enough to fully understand what Gai was actually purchasing the rights to when he bought out Hiden. Grandpa Hiden sure screwed him over nice and proper before he died.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm just waiting for the shocking twist that gasp! the Ark has been taking advantage of Gai's dickhead behaviour this entire time and oh no, the chess master is himself yet another pawn being used by the very entity he played a hand in creating!

Also Gai should probably get a new legal team. His current one clearly didn't read through the contracts thoroughly enough to fully understand what Gai was actually purchasing the rights to when he bought out Hiden. Grandpa Hiden sure screwed him over nice and proper before he died.
I mean the guy is constantly making powerups for his enemies. Thank god his rival isn't Gaim or Kabuto, lord knows what he would come up with

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'd guess whoever is the next antagonist will be tied to Jin's return, since they've been really vague about it so far, and it doesn't seem to be Ark.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The sound mixing in this episode felt...off? Like Aruto slow motion gasping felt way too loud it was almost hilarious.

But I gotta say using the data as a shield and then cracking a joke was neat.

So does he have his other basic Progrise Keys or did they leave them at Hiden Intelligence?

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Watched for the first time the two episodes of Jiraiya. Really liked it, hopefuly they upload more episodes.

I don't think it was ever aired in my country, but that did not stop the arrival of toys based on the show.

It aired here on Brazil, and I think it also aired on at least a couple more latin american countries, so either it was kinda obscure, or they just sold the toys that had translated boxes to your country :V

Oct 25, 2017
Kiramager 5

Did not expect Tametomo's backstory to hit like that. Wonder what game he's playing for his e-sports...
I'm still really liking this cast. The chemistry is great.
Hopefully Rio Komiya stays healthy. I like his acting.

Zero-One 30

Gai is still the villain for now. At least he lost control of HumaGear tech and it looks like the rest of his arc will make him a punching bag.
Interesting new arc we're going into.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh man there's cute videos Riders are doing for kids right now to cheer them up...like all the Gaim Riders (minus the sex pervert) got together to do them in character. Takatora's is amazing.

I don't know how to link to Instagram but it's on Gaku Sano's.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man there's cute videos Riders are doing for kids right now to cheer them up...like all the Gaim Riders (minus the sex pervert) got together to do them in character. Takatora's is amazing.

I don't know how to link to Instagram but it's on Gaku Sano's.
I saw that! It's all on Twitter too. It made my morning. Have any others done something similar?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm listening to older Kamen Rider music and People Game is underrated when you take into consideration what it means to the show:

Even ignoring that it's Poppy singing a bubbly song about hunting down and killing people.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The scene in the show where People Game plays and the Riders are fighting Bugsters is one of my favorite scenes in any Rider though

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
Caught up on 01 30 and I'm seriously unimpressed with how they've handled Check It Out. Every other haywire humagear has had a 2nd episode to explain their actions and rehabilitate them. Not only is CIO presented as the stereotypical angry black male he's also left to carry the blame for Zaia's takeover of Hiden. Really fucking poor.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Caught up on 01 30 and I'm seriously unimpressed with how they've handled Check It Out. Every other haywire humagear has had a 2nd episode to explain their actions and rehabilitate them. Not only is CIO presented as the stereotypical angry black male he's also left to carry the blame for Zaia's takeover of Hiden. Really fucking poor.

That was the worst episode from this miserable arc.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been watching Zero One weekly with friend, I got bored with shithead Gai. Thought Isu would buy stock in hiden and override the company, not make a whole new one. I'm for it. Sadly every character but Gai is enjoyable, he sucks life everyone around him like cop lady...almost like a JACK BREAK.

We also went back to original Kamen Rider and it's almost psychedelic art house with how its shot and everything. It feels soulful compared to modern toku, which is so clearly a product.

Also an episode of Kabtuck or whatever it's called. It feels like teletubby energy take of Dragon Ball while everyone is on acid.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How big of a niche is Tokusatsu is my question? It seems growing more then I'd expect tbh, which is weird cause besides garo and amazon I dont know many made for 20+ age range