• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Is it necessary to finish Agito before watching the G4 movie?

The movie takes place around episode 40ish, I think it's either 41 or 43. I don't think you need much knowledge about Agito to enjoy it, though. G3 is the police's Rider to fight Unknown, and G4 is obviously a continuation of that project.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You'll literally want to ignore a scene at the end of G4 that ties into the show though cuz...it doesnt.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So there's some kind of live event on the official Ultraman YouTube Channel right now. They promise three big announcements.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New scans out of the secondary Rider...looks interesting.

Buttttt also Vice becomes a skateboard that Revi fights with while in Ex-Aid form. That's great.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
New scans out of the secondary Rider...looks interesting.

Buttttt also Vice becomes a skateboard that Revi fights with while in Ex-Aid form. That's great.

Looks like a mix of Blade, Kiva, and Ghost.

Head and chest from Blade, the bat motif and collar of Kiva Emperor, and the eye and jacket from Ghost. (The zipper being the jacket being closed.)

Last edited:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He's got a spray bottle motif as well.

I think the name is Live Evil and the belt seems to suggest he has a good side we'll eventually see.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
It's just Evil, but yes folks have said that the belt looks like it flips and there's mention of a Live form, an inversion of the two Riders concept for Revi-Vice. (Or similar to Saikou I guess.)

I'm wondering if Evil will take some of the Rider that don't have Vistamps.

So far we have:

Revice Rex
Decade Megalodon
W Eagle
Den-O Mammoth

and in these scans

Fourze Gorilla
Ex-Aid Jackal
Kuuga Lion

and previously brought up in catalogs/rumors:

Ichigo Grasshopper
Faiz Ptera
Gaim Kamakiri
Zi-O Brachio

That leaves:
Agito, Ryuki, Blade, Hibiki, Kiva, OOO, Wizard, Drive, Ghost, Zero-One, Saber.

Also, the henshin item is not the same as the belt Daiji had.

Last edited:

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
I'm 9 episodes into Kuuga and enjoying it. The more lowkey setup and horror atmosphere is refreshing.

That said I was not ready for GUN

guns-are-cool.jpg

Kuuga rules

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Revice 4

That was a little less plot heavy than the previous episodes but I enjoyed it. Still... what the hell was that ending? lmao

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like we always see Daijinshi when we see Ikki...like is Ikki Daijinshi's assertive side. Like does everyone else know this?

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Well just as long as it's an excuse, I'm not gonna complain about it re: keeping Sentai alive.

But I do feel like both Kiramager and Zenkaiger have played to lower expectations. Zenkaiger at least has the gears (and actually I guess I can buy in somewhat to pandemic fatigue considering the Geartingler seemed to be doing pretty well at first). But it feels like they've gotten themselves into a cycle of "sales are down -> well we're gonna focus less on Sentai, so less toys -> sales are down (because there's hardly any toys to buy)".

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Whew, look at those struggle numbers.
Still gets me that Kyuranger was a prety decent bump over Zyuohger, and joins golden children Gokaiger and Kyoryuger as the only series that decade to improve sales over the previous year, but just because Kyuranger fell short of whatever lofty sales goal they had in mind of being able to bounce all the way back to Kyoryu/ToQ numbers, they basically considered it a failure and promptly ignored any positive lessons they should have learned from it.

Though that can probably be said about numerous recent franchise trends.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Forgot to comment here, but this week's episodes were pretty solid! Zenkai keeps surprising even with the lower budget, and Revice... was mostly good, I just didn't like the victim's resolution with the mother.

Ultraman was goofy, and still, that ending. This was a week for ominous endings, lol.

Anyway, kinda unrelated, but since some people are leaving Resetera yet again, and I feel it would be good to keep contact at least in a way, I'm going to reinforce that we have a Discord server, and it's where a lot of the weekly discussions happen:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
We have images. And cat pics.
We also distanced ourselves from Resetera, by renaming the server, but everybody here is welcome, of course.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I still think Sentai should take a long break. I love Sentai, above any other toku, but it has had a very long run and it needs some sleep. It can return in 10 years and it will be a big event.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Revice is steadily trucking along! Lore is being doled out at a good clip, the action remains top notch, and I really enjoy the family focus. I have some theories about the ending that I can't wait to see tested...

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Apparently the disappearing from photo thing appeared in the Revice short episode that was with the summer movie too.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I still think Sentai should take a long break. I love Sentai, above any other toku, but it has had a very long run and it needs some sleep. It can return in 10 years and it will be a big event.

I imagine it's not that easy to end something that has been a cultural icon that has run for more than four decades, no matter how much that makes sense. Sentai had this "it's too important to stop" energy that people are going to protect no matter what. Still seeing the series declined half than where it was four years ago was sad.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Hello everyone. I dont think ive posted in here before. This week ive watched Ultraman R/B and its movie. And im currently watching Kakuranger. Im on episode 34.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I imagine Sentai is like the Simpsons where as long as its profits are in the green it won't stop anytime soon.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if on purpose but are they referencing episodes of the Legend Riders with these Revice episodes?

Nothing stands out with the W Eagle debut, but I recall Den-O both featured an episode with a young idol (Kintaros' debut) and a hostage crisis episode, so debut of Den O Mammoth, and then with the latest episode with the parents loving the sister more causing the girl to snap, that's the one main girls backstory from Faiz and here Faiz Ptera debuts.

Maybe just coincidences. Guess we'll see if the next episode has any Kuuga parallels...though the stinger at the opening of the first episode was basically the Grongi awakening in Kuuga.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Shin Kamen Rider/Takeshi Hongo is played by Sosuke Ikematsu, Ruriko by Minami Hamabe :

And two promotional videos:

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
First, about the series next to each other, I like them equally, which is why Magiranger comes first, because comparing to the ones next to it, I love the cast, I like the theme about family and of their relationship, I love it a lot the various arcs of the serie, how the villains were really evolving and getting stronger, I like the idea and how the arcs were made, I like the twist on the family and comparing it with Gokaiger, the villains, and some elements from other series, which even though I have characters and elements that I like more than Magiranger, I think Magiranger in what the series proposes and how it was written, it was great in the idea that had and how these ideas were written.
Magi was the first series I watched all the way way through after watching a lot but not all of Deka and I've always felt it didn't get enough credit. Great cast and story it's really just the action and toys that aren't really remarkable. I'll go to bat for Wolzard though any day, truly an awesome suit design.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
New Ichigo costume is great. Anno clearly loves the series and wants to modernize in a very neat, clean way while making minimal changes to the overall appearance. The teaser footage also maintains that classic toku look.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Man, that teaser definitely looked like an HD showa production. I hope this doesn't flop overseas.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What do they mean sharing certain sound effects? Seems implausible that no one noticed all this time. If series like LuPat or Zenkaiger were using sounds from a series as old as Gorenger, even the most casual of fans might notice something was off.

Sep 5, 2021
What do they mean sharing certain sound effects? Seems implausible that no one noticed all this time. If series like LuPat or Zenkaiger were using sounds from a series as old as Gorenger, even the most casual of fans might notice something was off.

I think they mean certain sound effects from the toy itself? Maybe?

The sounds are from Zenkaiger toys, and a Bandai producer also cited these categories in an interview. And these categories have the same name as the new toy.

zUCBx3f.jpg

Bio Booster Armoire

Prophet of Truth
Apr 21, 2020
I wonder if the general overseas audience will dig that aesthetic?

I doubt it, but I think people will be more willing give it a chance because of Anno's involvement. Maybe they'd have more success marketing it as a Tarantino-style grindhouse film overseas?

Part of me thinks the nostalgic vibe of this teaser won't carry through to the film proper, anyway, and that this was intended as a fun way of giving fans their first look at some of the film's designs. Thematically, I hope this is like the OG Shin KR, with the body horror pushed to the forefront, only not completely rubbish.

alvmew

Nov 12, 2017

You're misunderstanding. These series share sound effects in the Zenkaiger toyline. So Lupinranger and Gorenger's Gears both make the same "secret spy" noises in the Geartlinger (and hence why they are grouped together in the soon to release Zenkai Cannon under that spy category), just like Patranger and Dekaranger have the same generic police noises in those toys, and so on.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like a few crossover into animal too like Gekiranger and Go-Onger even though they're martial arts and cars.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Word of advice for folks who want to get into Garo: Don't watch Garo Versus Road as your first series.

However if you're looking to watch a Battle Royale-esque thriller with wire-fu fight scenes, may I suggest watching Garo Versus Road.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017

Why didn't yall tell me Squid Games was basically Ryuki?

Edit:
Did kamen rider the first and the next get US physical releases?

Last edited:

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Squid Game reminds me of Kaiji more than anything, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I kind of get the impression we'll only see like the Gaim and Zero One forms in show for Revice, and the rest of the stamps will be collected but not used...except in the arcade game and such.

Doesn't matter since they'll all be dumped basically for the big upgrades lol. Though maybe they could get around this by giving just Revi one and Vice keeps using the Rider forms.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I kind of get the impression we'll only see like the Gaim and Zero One forms in show for Revice, and the rest of the stamps will be collected but not used...except in the arcade game and such.

Doesn't matter since they'll all be dumped basically for the big upgrades lol. Though maybe they could get around this by giving just Revi one and Vice keeps using the Rider forms.
I think we could get some q2 collectibles like Build's. Usually those slots would be filled by toy-only legend Rider collectibles (in Zi-O's case it was toy-only final form watches), but in this case that wouldn't make much sense.