• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

coredecepts

Oct 27, 2017
i think I'm gonna give Zenkai another chance but go slower. My plan is to still catch up by next Sunday but only watch a few episodes a day. That way I won't burn out. I'm supplementing it with a Digimon Adventure 02 rewatch, something I've been meaning to do for a while as it's the last core Digimon show I have yet to watch in Japanese.

But yeah, Timeranger is my next binge-watch Sentai. It's not that I don't like silliness and humor in my shows, it's just, I dunno, sometimes Sentai goes so over the top with it that it takes me out of the story at times. Obviously I enjoy some Sentai and Jetman was definitely on the money for my taste, but yeah.
If you burn out on Zenkaiger, I'd recommend you at least watch Episode 18.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Revice's opening sequence had a pretty unexpected bit.

There is a shot with three past Riders held in tubes by Phoenix. Rider 1 and Kuuga are pretty clear. The third one is questionable, although right now I think it's Black.
E_C5Zu3VkAAPzuY

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017

There is a shot with three past Riders held in tubes by Phoenix. Rider 1 and Kuuga are pretty clear. The third one is questionable, although right now I think it's Black.
Have any of the kuugas come back since decade's crossover movie with W?

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México

The scientist did make a familiar pose the first time he asked Ikki to transform.

Didn't toy leaks mention that KR is a TV show in Revice's reality? Maybe attempts to make them "real".

Ikki did went like "no" when specifically asked to be a Kamen Rider. So he probably knows what a Rider is.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The scientist did make a familiar pose the first time he asked Ikki to transform.

Didn't toy leaks mention that KR is a TV show in Revice's reality? Maybe attempts to make them "real".

Ikki did went like "no" when specifically asked to be a Kamen Rider. So he probably knows what a Rider is.

Early cast descriptions mentioned it was a tv show, but the producer in a recent interview said that idea was thrown away because Rider has crossovers in movies and specials and such, so it wouldn't work well. The Riders just exist somewhere out there - he specifically uses Gokaiger as an example of this kind of world, although says it wouldn't be the focus of the show. The interview was from before this opening aired though, and the official site also had no comments on it, so it's not clear what's up with that shot at this point.

news.mynavi.jp

『仮面ライダーリバイス』望月Pを直撃、タイトル&バイスタンプ由来やキャスティング秘話「菅田将暉を彷彿させた逸材」も

2021年9月5日よりテレビ朝日系全国ネットで放送スタートする新番組『仮面ライダーリバイス』は、『仮面ライダーゼロワン』(2019年)『仮面ライダーセイバー』(2020年)に続く「令和仮面ライダーシリーズ第3弾」であると同時に、第1作『仮面ライダー』(1971年)放送50周年記念作品と銘打たれている。

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Trigger 8

Another fantastic episode. Haruki added a lot to the dynamic, but I'm glad this episode also gave the other GUTS Select members some time to shine.

By logic, it would be 01, but yeah, it 100% looks like Black.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yo the next episode with the Den-O form is totally a shout out to the episode with the hostage crisis in Den-O neat.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I got a good feeling about Revice. This show is off to a really good start.

God, between this, PreCure, and Digimon Ghost Game next month I'm gonna be busy…

Oct 28, 2017
Taking a crazy step in life and moving to Japan soon. If this isn't allowed in the thread, please feel free to kick my cunt in and tell me off, and I'll remove the post.

I'm looking to gift on some of my toku loot over the years. Definitely going minimalist on what I'm carrying with me in life. If you're happy to pay postage costs, let me know. Tweet thread below.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel bad but Vice made me legit laugh in this episode.

And I like how he purposefully fucked things up too...hope that sticks around for awhile and he doesn't go totally good too soon.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Revice 2

Another solid episode. Very, very rushed, but hey, gotta sell those toys. Good to see the brother is supportive, instead of jealous.

Vice can get annoying if they keep his gimmick for too long, but I'm not that worried about that right now - he should be showing growth from the next episode on, right?

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
So yeah, I'm enjoying the Yodonna spinoff. Very glad it's not as erotic as the trailer made it seem. The fights are good, story is OK, and we get more of Yodonna and Kakihara.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yodonna 2 is out? 😳

First one was amazing! The Kirameidance was the funniest stuff 😆, the battles were really fun too.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Revice - 2

Vice is kind of annoying but everything else about this show is great. If they can make this get serious in an Ex-Aid or Build-like fashion it will be amazing.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Revice 2

Another solid episode. Very, very rushed, but hey, gotta sell those toys. Good to see the brother is supportive, instead of jealous.

Vice can get annoying if they keep his gimmick for too long, but I'm not that worried about that right now - he should be showing growth from the next episode on, right?

It seems like the other dude in Fenix is gonna go the "jelaousy" route.

I'm pretty sure I remember early rumors saying we'd have a Rider who uses Showa and one who uses Dark Riders. Maybe the sister will have with forms based on Valkyrie and Sabela?

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see anything rushed about Revice at all, sure he gets alternative form out of nowhere but plot wise it's going at a steady phase with proper MOTW and little character build ups. Vice is really the only jarring part as of now, Momotaros he is not. But plenty of room to grow for him.

Taking a crazy step in life and moving to Japan soon. If this isn't allowed in the thread, please feel free to kick my cunt in and tell me off, and I'll remove the post.

I'm looking to gift on some of my toku loot over the years. Definitely going minimalist on what I'm carrying with me in life. If you're happy to pay postage costs, let me know. Tweet thread below.

Congrats man!

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Finally watched the last 2 Kirameigers. Great show, top 5 Sentai series material for me. Now, to catch up with Zenkaiger, I'm like 20 episodes behind.

Second Revice was pretty good.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Zenkai 27

Really fun episode, again! They made an episode that should've been big, but in the end changed absolutelly nothing, and it still worked, lol.

Oct 28, 2017

Working a senior high school as an assistant language teacher, so I'm gonna be the cringe foreigner who likes Kamen Rider at age 31.

Watched the first two Revice episodes and so far its alright. I wonder how things will shake out, especially with the stuff you see in the opening. Glad that everyone is dismissive of Vice trying to be cool, telling him to shut the hell up all the time. Definitely the foil you need for a character like that.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The Revice opening gives me a pretty good feeling that this is going to take the Gaim/Ex-Aid path of starting out goofy before shifting into a more dramatic tone. But I'm still enjoying it as is.

man some of Revice's CGI is straight from the 90s but I guess that's charming in its own way.
Seems about normal for Rider then lol.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Ultraman Trigger 7 & 8

These were probably the strongest episodes of Trigger so far. It was so good seeing Haruki and Z again (I may have gotten a little giddy when Z's OP played in 7), and it was also nice how everyone got a little moment to shine. Ignis in particular had quite a few hilarious moments in these episodes, and Barossa remains one of my favourite kaiju.

Caught up to Trigger, and I 100% agree with you.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would love to see Faiz get a confident sub to see if the plot wasn't as stupid and nonsensical as the TVN release felt

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There already is one that gets the job done. Earthly did a complete re-work of Faiz, though its still a scrub at its heart.
I don't know if I can stomach the whole series unless it's massively redone and higher quality tbh lol.

Fair did have some hype moments like fighting the Owl Orphenoch as the dude plays the guitar

Sep 5, 2021
Now I have a Resetera account, I decided to post my list with the Top of all super sentai that I watched.

They are from my favorites for the ones I least like, in fact I still have not seen any super sentai that I did not like, each of them has its qualities and flaws.

1- Magiranger
2- Gokaiger
3- Go-buster
4- Timeranger
5- Gekiranger
6- Toqger
7- Dairanger
8- Abaranger
9- Gingaman
10 -Kyoryuger
11 - Dekaranger
12 - Shinkenger
13 - Hurricanger
14 - Liveman
15 -Goseiger
16 -Jetman
17- Carranger
18 - Ohranger
19 -Gogo Five
20 - Kyuranger
21 - Megaranger
22 -Turboranger
23 - Go-Onger
24- Lupinranger vs Patranger
25- Kiramager
26 -Bioman
27 - Boukenger
28 - Zyuranger
29 - Nininger
30 - Zyuohger
31 - Gaoranger
32 - Ryusoulger
33 - Sun Vulcan
34 - Kakuranger
35 - Battle Fever J

Bio Booster Armoire

Prophet of Truth
Apr 21, 2020
Was playing Deus Ex: MD yesterday and found this log describing a rather familiar sounding series. Apologies if it's been posted a million times before, but I thought it was a cool little easter egg.

IMG-1949.jpg

IMG-1950.jpg

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Now I have a Resetera account, I decided to post my list with the Top of all super sentai that I watched.

They are from my favorites for the ones I least like, in fact I still have not seen any super sentai that I did not like, each of them has its qualities and flaws.

1- Magiranger
2- Gokaiger
3- Go-buster
4- Timeranger
5- Gekiranger
6- Toqger
7- Dairanger
8- Abaranger
9- Gingaman
10 -Kyoryuger
11 - Dekaranger
12 - Shinkenger
13 - Hurricanger
14 - Liveman
15 -Goseiger
16 -Jetman
17- Carranger
18 - Ohranger
19 -Gogo Five
20 - Kyuranger
21 - Megaranger
22 -Turboranger
23 - Go-Onger
24- Lupinranger vs Patranger
25- Kiramager
26 -Bioman
27 - Boukenger
28 - Zyuranger
29 - Nininger
30 - Zyuohger
31 - Gaoranger
32 - Ryusoulger
33 - Sun Vulcan
34 - Kakuranger
35 - Battle Fever J

Why is Magiranger number 1?

Sep 5, 2021
Why is Magiranger number 1?

First, about the series next to each other, I like them equally, which is why Magiranger comes first, because comparing to the ones next to it, I love the cast, I like the theme about family and of their relationship, I love it a lot the various arcs of the serie, how the villains were really evolving and getting stronger, I like the idea and how the arcs were made, I like the twist on the family and comparing it with Gokaiger, the villains, and some elements from other series, which even though I have characters and elements that I like more than Magiranger, I think Magiranger in what the series proposes and how it was written, it was great in the idea that had and how these ideas were written.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
My lists so far, limiting it to only 3 series of each:

Super Sentai:
1.- Shinkenger.
2.- Gokaiger.
3.- Kirameiger.

Kamen Rider:
1.- Ex-Aid.
2.- Build.
3.- Gaim.

The first Rider I saw is Ryuki and the first series I saw live, was Gaim, so I am pre-disposed to like shows with multiple riders whose allegiances change along the way and that do not follow the 2 part stucture.

Ultraman:
1.- Ultraman Z
2.- Ultraman Nexus

And...that's it for Ultraman. I tried to watch Geed, it has pretty much everything I like in toku, but somehow never completed it while it was on Crunchyroll in LatAm, but I hope one day to finish it. Trigger is going great so far! I actually ordered a Sevenger sofubi a few days ago, since it was the chepaest Sevenger figure I could find.

Showa era stuff hasn't interested me for Rider or Sentai (tough I will admit I have seen very little of it), but what little I have seen of Ultra Q and Ultraman is very enjoyable. Kinda crazy to think both Ultraman and Batman 1966 existed at the same time. Both superhero shows, but very different approach.

Last edited:

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Tsuburaya just uploaded the Ultraman Mebius & Ultraman Brothers movie. I had already seen it a few years back on Netflix, but if you have not, it's fun and pretty much an anniversary type of thing with many original actors returning.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Tsuburaya just uploaded the Ultraman Mebius & Ultraman Brothers movie. I had already seen it a few years back on Netflix, but if you have not, it's fun and pretty much an anniversary type of thing with many original actors returning.

I watched this close to when it's original release despite only knowing Ultraman Tiga/Dyna/Gaia. The movie was so satisfying, Ultraman movies were full of pure unadulterated moments of joy.

Sep 5, 2021
I finally watched episode 4 of The High School Heroes and liked Rosa's speech to the teacher about being true to yourself and not acting false even when he's unhappy and I also liked Momohero being transgender, the first in a super sentai.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Revice 3

Another solid episode. I think they're finding their groove with Vice's humor. The action felt a bit sloppy though, a lot of quick cuts during hand to hand fights that gets disorienting. But the W homage got me to feel all warm and fuzzy inside so there's that.

I really want the sister to be a Rider but I know better than to get my hopes up there.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Revice 3 was the first time it felt Revice was using Rider powers rather than just animal powers with Rider themed suits. Eagle was basically Cyclone here and Mammoth summoned the Denliner tracks.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My only issue is I wish they had the family members acknowledge Vice...I mean Daijinshi basically ignores him more or less and no one other than Ikki seems to comment on him.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Yooo, ep 14 of dino fury.
A monster who can revive monsters revived Lord Zedd, then put a compliance collar on him to control him. The Rangers broke the collar off so Zedd would turn against the alien. Zedd proceeds to Molly whop the Rangers and 2 revived monsters (who have teamed up at this point), before he teleports away. With him back in play, he's gonna be a serious threat. My guy tossed around Void Knight like it was nothing.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Revice 3

Good episode. Still a bit rushed, but hey, they're progressing the plot *and* selling toys, so I'm not gonna complain.

Zenkaiger 28

Now that was an amazingly creative episode, lol. Fantastic editing with all the manga fights.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like the brother in Revice should have like a Jekly and Hyde driver...

Like give him a form that switches between Black and Shadow Moon. That's symbolic as fuck.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'm 9 episodes into Kuuga and enjoying it. The more lowkey setup and horror atmosphere is refreshing.

That said I was not ready for GUN

guns-are-cool.jpg