• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So apparently it's not pure dinos but animals plus legend riders?

Like the one Shark Stamp looks like Decade it seems.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kind of disappointed it isn't straight dinosaurs

Don't get Decade being a shark isn't that Faiz's thing lol.

So each Stamp gives two Riders? Guess the dino Revice are the ones on the poster.

That black dino though on that one picture maybe that's Revive base form before he uses a stamp like Plat Form from Den O?

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of disappointed it isn't straight dinosaurs

Don't get Decade being a shark isn't that Faiz's thing lol.

So each Stamp gives two Riders? Guess the dino Revice are the ones on the poster.

That black dino though on that one picture maybe that's Revive base form before he uses a stamp like Plat Form from Den O?
I'm guessing the other partner gets the pure animal form, but Revice gets the animal/Rider combo? It'm wondering how we get from T-Rex head partner form, to the blue/black version of the Senki poster. Maybe the blue/black is its base form?

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Seems odd to also be based on previous riders as well. I thought they'd keep that to every 10 years.

Revice is technically the 50th anniversary Rider, as his show will begin airing in the 50th anniversary year. Kamen Rider started in 1971, so...

1981 -10th anniversary, Super-1
1991 - 20th anniversary, Nothing at all
25th anniversary would've been 1996.
2001 - 30th anniversary, Agito, But it came after Kuuga, which was the first Heisei Rider.
2011 - 40th anniversary, Fourze, which is part of why he was Fourze in the first place... Four-Zero. They promoted it as such.
NEODAI-1195.jpg

71mdcG4QkWL.jpg

The every-ten-shows roll isn't actually tied to any date really (other than when Kuuga started?); Showa has either 9 or 12 Riders depending on how you count it.

Last edited:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well the rumor also mentions we'll have someone using Showa Rider powers which Zi-O ignored since it was Heisei's finale.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was today years old when I realized the name Fourze was a wordplay on the number 40. Guess it went over my head.

I just assumed it was just a reference to the rider using four Astroswitches for each of his limbs and also a play on how its predecessor series OOO using three medals transform after its own predecessor series W used two gaia memories.

Wizard should have kept the streak going with 5 rings for each finger but alas.

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017
Desast is Saber's best character hands down. Also praying Revice isn't a shove-every-Kamen-Rider-in show.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Well, the toys aren't completely confirmed yet although the shark with bar codes and Decade's colors would be a huge coincidence. But, yeah, if the rumors pan out it sounds closer to Zi-O than to Fourze. Part of it is that Bandai wasn't confident legend Rider items would even sell back when Fourze came out. The intial expectations for Zi-O had it falling bellow Ex-Aid levels, and then even after Zi-O's success (highest sales in the entire franchise), they seemed to think Zero-One could do even better in spite of the lack of Legend Rider stuff in the show - it obviously didn't. So using the 50th anniversary as an excuse to go for legend Riders again seems possible now that it's proven it is a selling factor that's hard to replicate.

Personally, I'm hoping for it but don't want to get excited by the idea since it's still all in the realm of speculation. Both Decade and Zi-O were done under Shirakura who has very particular views on the franchise and crossovers, views that limit any kind of crossover done under him. I'd love a crossover season headed by someone else that actually attempts to have a consistent setting and premise in addition to past heroes, rather than just the theme park structure of Shirakura's crossovers, where he doesn't even try to make the arcs feel like they could belong in the same world since he doesn't believe Riders being in the same world works in the first place.

Last edited:

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no... Well, here's hoping it will be better than Ziou. If it has a plot and doesn't divert into two episode arcs dedicated to past shows, then it'll have a chance.

Ziou had the best sales? How?

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, my dislike of attempting continuity and shared universe on movies/series/comics only grew over the years. Still Shirakura's crossover movies are basically stage shows, the excitement comes from seeing the heroes in action rather than telling a neat or cohesive story. I'd like to see that change for once.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Saber 42

Whoa, this was actually... pretty good? After being so messy, Saber may actually stick the landing, what a surprise!

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So getting a Hidive sub for Gettee in a week or two when I have internet again, and I noticed it has Garo(all of it it seems). Worth a watch?

edit: this is awesome

Last edited:

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Zenkai 18: I laughed so hard at the Jetman reference that my wife came in from the other room and asked if I was okay. Also the gag when the team expected the rose to blow up was wonderful. Zenkaiger's a gift.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, sounds like I gotta catch up with zenkaiger! Or should I finish jetman first??

Also, I'm on ep 12 of. Battle Fever J. So far, this shit is good. However, is it just me or do all the plots revolve around turning the younger generation (mostly kids) against the adults? Is this what people chastised Zyuranger for or is Zyu worse?

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just want to throw it out there but I love the malding happening over someone editting some old Kamen Rider fansubs to remove ableist slurs.

I mean even the original fansubbers think they're now in bad taste but lol

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Zenkaiger 18 was amazing even outside of the incredible Sentai Gear use.

I dunno, my dislike of attempting continuity and shared universe on movies/series/comics only grew over the years. Still Shirakura's crossover movies are basically stage shows, the excitement comes from seeing the heroes in action rather than telling a neat or cohesive story. I'd like to see that change for once.
Sentai's generally kept a sweet spot of "continuity only when it matters" (i.e. the Vs World, but even with several post-Gokaiger examples) and in Zenkaiger's case, Shirakura disregarding the nature of that/Gokaiger fits entirely fine within the nature of the franchise. I just think people kinda got fed up with his approach to Rider is because of how it was almost doing old characters dirty with all of its big crossovers (I think the stage show comparison is apt; even returning actors could feel like they were plucked from an alternate universe). Sentai almost always respects its legacy. Even Strongest Battle put in a ton of effort to make all the non-returning characters feel like the legit article.

Last edited:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've never watched Jetman but lol I think I can guess what scene it's gonna be...

Catching up on Zenkaiger and damn, the Retro Episode was inspired.

Also you can't tell me Toei didn't name him Stacey just for the fact his plot revolves around literally "Stacey's Mom".

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I finally got a Kamen Rider power up item! And course I love Espada, so. Maybe now I should finally catch up on Saber

IMG_20210707_131328329_HDR.jpg

I thought about the zero one cassettes, but think I like the books a little more.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

The VA for the Super Sentai Megid is Isao Sasaki. aka A singer of various classic anime and toku OP but particularly Gorenger's OP. Also he was Joe the Condor in Gatchaman.

What a pull.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So how's the original Garo? Was thinking of giving it a watch, that counts as Toku right?

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
So how's the original Garo? Was thinking of giving it a watch, that counts as Toku right?

Of course it is. The effects are a bit dated by today's standards but the story and fight sequences held up fine. If you want to watch Toku with some mature story themes and a bit of horror flavor go give it a try.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Of course it is. The effects are a bit dated by today's standards but the story and fight sequences held up fine. If you want to watch Toku with some mature story themes and a bit of horror flavor go give it a try.
I mean I'm currently working on Ultra Q so neither of those sound like issues to me XD. I'm doing a Hidive sub for Getter Arc for a few months and saw they had it(most of the Garo stuff actually)

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'm currently working on Ultra Q so neither of those sound like issues to me XD. I'm doing a Hidive sub for Getter Arc for a few months and saw they had it(most of the Garo stuff actually)

Oh shit so that's where Garo stuff are, I was kinda looking for a way to watch Garo today. Thanks for the info!

And lest anyone forget, Ultraman Trigger starts tomorrow!

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Oh shit so that's where Garo stuff are, I was kinda looking for a way to watch Garo today. Thanks for the info!

And lest anyone forget, Ultraman Trigger starts tomorrow!
Yeah, 30 day free trial plus 5$ a month sub. They also got a bunch of Gatchaman stuff and some random odds and ends, live and anime(I've been wanting to check out Godanner and Chiyahufuru myself.). It's Sentaifilmworks site. Apparently just web/phone and the former is easier to work with casting wise

coredecepts

Oct 27, 2017
I'm one episode away from finishing Garo season 1. It's been a good time. There are a few genuinely creepy moments, but mostly it's schlocky horror/action, and I like that just fine. It takes a while for an overall plot to surface, but once it does, it gets going. But the individual episodes are worth it, too. Some seriously good action scenes in here. The music is great as well, with the two intro themes being a standout.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I finally got a Kamen Rider power up item! And course I love Espada, so. Maybe now I should finally catch up on Saber

IMG_20210707_131328329_HDR.jpg

I thought about the zero one cassettes, but think I like the books a little more.

I know you're not collecting the entire toyline but I have to say once again that I'm impressed by the interactivity of the Saber toys. They really are a lot of fun.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Ultraman Trigger 1

I already like this show even more than Z, and I fucking loved Z. Great start.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Ultraman Trigger 1

I've missed Ultraman these past months, and now it's come back with a bang! A few intriguing plotlines set up here, and there were a lot of really cool shots throughout the fight.

CBTech

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the first episode of Ultraman Trigger though the show is definitely drawing directly from some past shows and feels like it expects me to know them. I've only seen the first few episodes of the original Ultraman. Are all the Ultraman shows in the same continuity?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed the first episode of Ultraman Trigger though the show is definitely drawing directly from some past shows and feels like it expects me to know them. I've only seen the first few episodes of the original Ultraman. Are all the Ultraman shows in the same continuity?

UltraSeven was meant to be completely standalone originally. Return of Ultraman brought it and the original Ultraman to the same continuity though, acting like they were in the same world all along. Starting from there, all the shows up to 80 are in this continuity. Then there's Tiga and Dyna sharing a new continuity in the 90s. After that, most shows are standalone for a few years. However, Ultraman Mebius goes back to the original continuity, ignoring all later series.

Ultra Galaxy Legends then basically starts the current continuity. It's the far future of the original continuity, and the "Land of Light" from where the M78 Ultras come from is always the same, based on the stats quo introduced here, but the Ultramen from various past continuities and their monsters now travel around the multiverse, not just space. Each show that started after it generally feature a new universe with a new Earth, but the Ultras from the original continuity's Land of Light then eventually appear there at some point, either the new main Ultra from M78 or related locations somehow ends up in the new parallel Earth or the M78 Ultra is a guest character who teams up with the new Ultra who is native to the new universe at some point.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
UltraSeven was meant to be completely standalone originally. Return of Ultraman brought it and the original Ultraman to the same continuity though, acting like they were in the same world all along. Starting from there, all the shows up to 80 are in this continuity. Then there's Tiga and Dyna sharing a new continuity in the 90s. After that, most shows are standalone for a few years. However, Ultraman Mebius goes back to the original continuity, ignoring all later series.

Ultra Galaxy Legends then basically starts the current continuity. It's the far future of the original continuity, and the "Land of Light" from where the M78 Ultras come from is always the same, based on the stats quo introduced here, but the Ultramen from various past continuities and their monsters now travel around the multiverse, not just space. Each show that started after it generally feature a new universe with a new Earth, but the Ultras from the original continuity's Land of Light then eventually appear there at some point, either the new main Ultra from M78 or related locations somehow ends up in the new parallel Earth or the M78 Ultra is a guest character who teams up with the new Ultra who is native to the new universe at some point.
The Ultramen being multiversal beings make so much sense

CBTech

Oct 25, 2017

Ok, that makes sense. Allowing for fresh starts for a show by being its own universe while still allowing other Ultras seems smart. Some people recommended I watch Orb but was worried since it seemed to draw on past Ultraman stuff as well. That being said, I do want to continue watching the original Ultraman but it's slow going for that series.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok, that makes sense. Allowing for fresh starts for a show by being its own universe while still allowing other Ultras seems smart. Some people recommended I watch Orb but was worried since it seemed to draw on past Ultraman stuff as well. That being said, I do want to continue watching the original Ultraman but it's slow going for that series.
You're further along than me, I'm on episode 8 of Ultra Q XD

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017

It only directly references Ultraman Tiga but not much more than "in the past, there was Ultraman Tiga" so far. It certainly didn't expect viewers to have much knowledge of Tiga and anything unexplained so far is the series' plot itself rather than something from the past. Basically any continuity in modern Ultraman shows boils to acknowledging there are other Ultraman in the universe.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I really want to support these releases but dvd only kills me because I highly doubt I'll watch all of this before they release a Blu ray (that's exactly what happened with stuff like Turn A)