• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I ordered the new Mobirate because I have no self control... or I guess I do because I did not get the ranger keys or the movie/galleon key bundle.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Was that ever confirmed? I know that was rumored, but I don't remember it ever being from a reputable source.
Entirely? No.

But this is Hasbro and they likely consider that paying out a license fee to Toei isn't really all that worthwhile. What is Toei/Super Sentai doing that you can't do in-house with complete control?

Their last official statement:
Another top priority for us is POWER RANGERS. And I'm excited to say that this brand is about to enter a new era. We're creating a new POWER RANGERS universe for a broader audience across film, premium TV, animation and kids content. And to architect this universe, we've engaged with the highly sought after show runner, Jonathan Entwistle, known for the hit series on Netflix, The End of the (expletive) World. Entwistle has a great passion for POWER RANGERS. This will be a complete reinvention, and we're hoping to spark new interest in the storied property.

We are also partnering closely with eOne and creative steward Jonathan Entwistle to re-envision the future of POWER RANGERS' storytelling and
product innovation.

Additionally, new entertainment for POWER RANGERS will set up a new storytelling universe to fully leverage a wide variety of product categories.

That backs up Deadline's previous reporting on the franchise handling:
deadline.com

Jonathan Entwistle Signs On To Shepherd New ‘Power Rangers’ Universe For eOne And Hasbro

eOne and Hasbro’s entertainment studio have Jonathan Entwistle has come on board to shepherd new film and television adaptations of Power Rangers.
eOne and Hasbro's entertainment studio have tapped Jonathan Entwistle has come on board to shepherd new film and television adaptations of Power Rangers. Entwistle was already attached to the film adaptation but will now develop both the movie and TV retellings eOne will develop and produce the projects with Entwistle set to direct across both formats.

"Jonathan has an incredible creative vision for this iconic and hugely successful franchise, and is hands down the right architect to join us as we reimagine the television and film worlds of this property," said Nick Meyer, President, Film, eOne and Michael Lombardo, President, Global Television, eOne. "Across our slate, we are looking forward to working with the most talented storytellers as we take on Hasbro's rich fan-favourite brands and build entertainment universes around them."

All that points to a Macross/Robotech split, probably another reboot starting with Mighty Morphin' again, which... sigh. TLDR; Hasbro wants a Power Rangers brand it fully controls across film, TV, toys, and more. And that doesn't dovetail well with licensing from designs, toys, and footage from Japan.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Glad Master Logos is dead, he was fun but stayed over his welcome.

Also man I dunno...Reika turning into a damsel in distress swooning over her brother is kind of weird.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Glad Master Logos is dead, he was fun but stayed over his welcome.

Also man I dunno...Reika turning into a damsel in distress swooning over her brother is kind of weird.

Yep. Really hate what they did with her. She started off as cool and mysterious but now "onii-sama" is all she says. Why do they keep treating female riders like crap?

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Zenkaiger 16

Another great episode! I'm all for Gege getting more focus on the plot too. Hope he's the evil mastermind in the end.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
They don't have a deal with Toei after Ryusoulger/Dino Fury, but we have no clue what's going to happen.

Wait, was this ever verified?

edited to add: oh, it's not, just more speculation.

They still need to have a deal with Toei to use the older seasons, though, I would think. And since that's where the toy nostalgia money is going to come from I have a hard time believing they would just cut ties completely.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
They still need to have a deal with Toei to use the older seasons, though, I would think. And since that's where the toy nostalgia money is going to come from I have a hard time believing they would just cut ties completely.
They can't cut ties completely even if they wanted to, Toei co-owns Power Rangers. So even if they stop using sentai altogether Toei would still be involved a d earn money with Power Rangers.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, was this ever verified?

They already outright own the existing footage and designs.

They can't cut ties completely even if they wanted to, Toei co-owns Power Rangers. So even if they stop using sentai altogether Toei would still be involved a d earn money with Power Rangers.
They actually do not. It's only in regards to licensed footage and production of the show as needed. Pick up a Lightning Collection figure. Look at the credits of Dino Fury.
O4A9iQp.png

5vAOAPM.png

It's a Robotech/Macross thing, not a Transformers thing, where it's one brand in different markets and both retain creative control. Power Rangers is one brand, Super Sentai is another. And once they've fully rebooted, old footage probably won't be a consideration at all. (We're also still sort of waiting to see if Hasbro re-ups its deal with Shout Factory. To date, there's been no physical release of Beast Morphers for example. Whereas the Super Sentai season licenses are through Toei itself.) There's little clear indication on whether Hasbro needs to pay to re-up the license on the older footage, but Toei has no ownership or creative control over PR.

The truth is, there's little reason to keep using Sentai. Its ratings are down (this is true for Rider as well, tbh). Its toy sales are down. It's one of the few properties that Bandai Namco does nearly nothing with outside of toy sales.
cko9j73b1z151.jpg

n0oYy1P.png

History is the only real reason. And again, there's nothing they're really getting from Sentai that they can't simply do in-house. (Or reboot from the beginning, which is likely where they'll probably go. ~_~)

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
The truth is, there's little reason to keep using Sentai. Its ratings are down (this is true for Rider as well, tbh). Its toy sales are down. It's one of the few properties that Bandai Namco does nearly nothing with outside of toy sales.

It feels weird that Sentai has always largely just been "Sentai" without manga or anime or any other way into the franchises.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
They already outright own the existing footage and designs.
Is there a source for that because how would Hasbro own Sentai designs that predate the usage on PR?

They actually do not. It's only in regards to licensed footage and production of the show as needed. Pick up a Lightning Collection figure. Look at the credits of Dino Fury.
But Toei owns the PR trademark in Asia, that's why they can air dubbed Sentai as Power Rangers in Korea and they also have distribution rights for PR in Asia afaik.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a source for that because how would Hasbro own Sentai designs that predate the usage on PR?
O4A9iQp.png

The last bit. That's why I brought up Robotech/Macross. Here's another example.

So, a long time ago, Marvel licensed Spider-Man to Toei. They made a season of Spider-Man, loosely based on the Marvel character. For the purposes of rights, they own that character of Spider-Man, Takuya Yamashiro, his supporting cast, and all that stuff like Leopardon. In fact, Marvel can't use that character without Toei's permission, despite actually owning the original design.

And given the character is appearing in Spider-Verse 2, Marvel and Sony likely had to go to Toei and work out a deal to use the character again. Despite owning Spider-Man already. It's weird all around, and that specific deal meant Toei can't rerun the show without paying Marvel again, but Marvel otherwise has no bearing on if they were to make a sequel or something.

It's not about logic, it's about legal distinction. Zyuranger and MMPR, despite sharing designs are technically and legally distinct.

But Toei owns the PR trademark in Asia, that's why they can air dubbed Sentai as Power Rangers in Korea and they also have distribution rights for PR in Asia afaik.

Daewon Media licenses both Super Sentai and Power Rangers in South Korea. It's a bit weird, because Korea was dubbing previous Sentai shows, then they dubbed Power Rangers, then a few more Sentai, then Power Rangers again, then they settled onto dubbing Sentai... with the title "Power Rangers". So like, their Power Rangers SPD is just a dud of Dekaranger. It's weird.

Anyways, I'd expect something akin to the current Mighty Morphin and Power Rangers split, with the new thing being more akin to the new Power Rangers team in the second image.

246738_1425131_1.jpg

PowerRangers_001_Cover_AC_SadLemon_001_LOW_1024x1024.jpg

Same idea, new American design.

Or maybe they come back to the table and talk about licensing new shows again, but I'm not seeing the business benefit to Hasbro. Why pay a Hollywood dude to dream up a new connected universe and then hamstring yourself with someone else's designs and footage?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So with that Spider-Man example: are you saying Toei could do whatever they want with that version of Spider-Man in Asia without Marvel's approval or license because they own that character? That seems unbelievable to me.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with MHWilliams, Power Rangers was a 90s product that responded to the market of that age. The market is entirely different now (and Power Rangers isn't the only way Sentai could engage international audience). If you have the IP and the chance to start anew, licensing new Sentai shows again doesn't seem all that beneficial to me other than they've always done it that way.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
O4A9iQp.png

The last bit. That's why I brought up Robotech/Macross. Here's another example.
That's not proof at all.
1. It says "distinctive likeness", the sentai designs are not distinctive to Power Rangers.
2. The sentai designs are clearly not the exclusive property of Hasbro, because Toei and Bandai are using them all the time

So, a long time ago, Marvel licensed Spider-Man to Toei. They made a season of Spider-Man, loosely based on the Marvel character. For the purposes of rights, they own that character of Spider-Man, Takuya Yamashiro, his supporting cast, and all that stuff like Leopardon. In fact, Marvel can't use that character without Toei's permission, despite actually owning the original design.
But to make that comparable to the PR/Sentai situation Toei would have to claim ownership of the original Spider-Man design not the elements that are actually distinctive to their show like Takuya, Leopardon etc.

Hasbro is allowed to use the sentai designs but they don't own them, that's an absurd claim.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
So with that Spider-Man example: are you saying Toei could do whatever they want with that version of Spider-Man in Asia without Marvel's approval or license because they own that character? That seems unbelievable to me.

Toei can continue the story of that world. Like they could continue the story of Takuya Yamashiro with all his spider-like powers, Leopardon, and the Iron Cross Army. The only sticking point is probably the base Spider-man costume. And with a different contract, they could probably keep on doing that Spider-Man forever. But there's no reason to, since they have Super Sentai, and everything that worked with Spider-Man just got rolled into that.

There's a couple of other weird ones, also Marvel-related and about weird licensing.

Godzilla:
D2sm4enXcAAsc9F.jpg

The Avengers even fought it. That wasn't wiped away, so in the comics, they mutated that character slightly. So, here's the Leviathan.
leviathan-uncanny-x-men-506.png

Another one. Marvel licensed Rom from Mattel.

romskcb36_600.jpg

They made all the backstory and whatnot, and it's a sizable chunk of the Marvel Universe. Dire Wraiths, Rom's home planet, etc. Marvel still owns that. So at one point, they put out a book starring ROM's sons, but they could never directly refer to Rom himself. Like so:
Annihilators%2B2%2BBrandy%2BClark.jpg

Whereas, Rom the toy was owned by Parker Brothers, who is owned by... Hasbro. So Rom is in the IDW Transformer universe. Rom, Galadora, the Dire Wraiths, Hasbro owns all that, but it has to be different from the stuff created by Marvel.
Rom01_cvrRI-A.jpg

There's other stuff like this, Micronauts, Shogun Warriors. Marvel did some different deal with Hasbro for G.I. Joe—Marvel did all the backstories and got the right to publish the comics, but Hasbro kept everything. (More on that here. Marvel came up with shit like Snake Eyes' backstory and Cobra Commander.)

Regardless, TLDR. Right now, in the Western markets, Hasbro gets carte blanche to do whatever it wants with the existing Power Rangers designs. Hence the comics, games, and more. And honestly, once you get to something like the Power Rangers reboot movie designs, it's totally its own thing with no reliance on the Japanese footage whatsoever, hence the complete lack of Toei credit period.

That's not proof at all.
1. It says "distinctive likeness", the sentai designs are not distinctive to Power Rangers.
2. The sentai designs are clearly not the exclusive property of Hasbro, because Toei and Bandai are using them all the time

Hmm. Here's some dead simple questions then:

Why is Shout Factory no longer allowed to distribute Super Sentai in the US on DVD? Hurricanger was the last release. They teased Fiveman, but it was never released. You can buy the existing stock, but otherwise, all releases have stopped. (Yay, for non-region-specific streaming rights!) Instead, they've moved to Kamen Rider entirely. Follow-up, why do you think Toei is releasing Kamen Rider and its other Toku series on Youtube, but not Sentai? Who might own the rights to all that in North America? (Or do they just hate Sentai?)

Well let me push you in a direction: Power Rangers Now founder Michael Louie talked about this before he got a Disney job and protected his tweets.
Talked to @ShoutFactory at #SDCC. They said they plan to continue their Super Sentai DVD's, but right now Hasbro has put them on hold. No time frame estimated to resume.

You want proof, like an ironclad statement? Nah, no one is going to talk until the deals are done. And everything is largely pointing to Hasbro doing its own thing, and probably with Netflix as its home distributor. Whether or not you want to believe that or not is up to you. Dino Fury isn't ending until 2022, so we have time for the clock to run out and see where things fall. But for the purposes of North America, Hasbro can throw those Power Rangers costumes on whatever it wants with Toei's input. Which it does with great speed and fervor.

EDIT: Look, end of the day, I want to be wrong. Shout Factory releases Blu-Rays; I want Super Sentai Blu-Rays. I'd like to see Hasbro take a crack at Zenkaiger. I'd like Zenkaiger to appear on Toei's YouTube channel. I just don't think we're trending towards that, from everything I see and understand.

Last edited:

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless, TLDR. Right now, in the Western markets, Hasbro gets carte blanche to do whatever it wants with the existing Power Rangers designs. Hence the comics, games, and more. And honestly, once you get to something like the Power Rangers reboot movie designs, it's totally its own thing with no reliance on the Japanese footage whatsoever, hence the complete lack of Toei credit period.
But the 2017 movie did credit Toei and not even somewhere hidden at the bottom of a long ass crawl, it was at the start of the credits right after Saban himself. So that goes against the idea that Toei can be pushed out completely, if they get a very prominent "based on" credit on a movie that uses no sentai designs whatsoever it must mean they have a stake in the property, Hollywood studios don't just credit other companies out of kindness because getting a credit means getting money.

Hmm. Here's some dead simple questions then:

Why is Shout Factory no longer allowed to distribute Super Sentai in the US on DVD? Hurricanger was the last release. They teased Fiveman, but it was never released. You can buy the existing stock, but otherwise, all releases have stopped. (Yay, for non-region-specific streaming rights!) Instead, they've moved to Kamen Rider entirely. Follow-up, why do you think Toei is releasing Kamen Rider and its other Toku series on Youtube, but not Sentai? Who might own the rights to all that in North America? (Or do they just hate Sentai?)
Hasbro has the distribution rights and stopped the sentai releases, we know that. Saban got the Zyuranger and rights after that to make PR in the first place and Disney later got the pre-Zyu distribution rights to stop JN Productions/Generaition Kikaida from getting them when they started releasing Kikaida and Kamen Rider V3. Those rights transferred to Hasbro wehen they bought PR. But owning distribution rights is not the same thing as owning the designs outright.

I have a question too:

If Toei decides to do "Zyuranger: 30 Years After" do they need Hasbro's permission to use the ranger suits, the mechas, the weapons etc? If the answer is no then the designs are not exclusive property of Hasbro regardless of the legal notice during the show's end credits. And I'll say it again "distinctive likeness" might not even refer to the sentai designs.

EDIT: Look, end of the day, I want to be wrong. Shout Factory releases Blu-Rays; I want Super Sentai Blu-Rays. I'd like to see Hasbro take a crack at Zenkaiger. I'd like Zenkaiger to appear on Toei's YouTube channel. I just don't think we're trending towards that, from everything I see and understand.
I agree, we're not trending towards that at all but this is once again about the distribution rights of the shows themselves not about Hasbro's ability to get rid of Toei entirely even if they can limit Toei's involvement.

Last edited:

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
But the 2017 movie did credit Toei and not even somewhere hidden at the bottom of a long ass crawl, it was at the start of the credits right after Saban himself. So that goes against the idea that Toei can be pushed out completely, if they get a very prominent "based on" credit on a movie that uses no sentai designs whatsoever it must mean they have a stake in the property, Hollywood studios don't just credit other companies out of kindness because getting a credit means getting money.

"Based on" isn't even a story by credit! Licensing, yes. Creative control, no.

Hasbro has the distribution rights and stopped the sentai releases, we know that. Saban got the Zyuranger and rights after that to make PR in the first place and Disney later got the pre-Zyu distribution rights to stop JN Productions/Generaition Kikaida from getting them when they started releasing Kikaida and Kamen Rider V3. Those rights transferred to Hasbro wehen they bought PR. But owning distribution rights is not the same thing as owning the designs outright.

In North America! I literally said it was Macross/Robotech situation multiple times. Multiple times!

It's a Robotech/Macross thing, not a Transformers thing, where it's one brand in different markets and both retain creative control.
The last bit. That's why I brought up Robotech/Macross.

The rights to everything related to these designs is exclusively controlled by Hasbro here, with Toei having no creative control. Who knows how long that lasts, since we don't know agreement term limits. I think the first was 10-15 years, no clue about subsequent renewals.

I feel like we're talking crossways? You said:
They can't cut ties completely even if they wanted to, Toei co-owns Power Rangers. So even if they stop using sentai altogether Toei would still be involved and earn money with Power Rangers.
I replied:
They actually do not. It's only in regards to licensed footage and production of the show as needed.

That's the licensed footage and designs. If they stop using sentai, Toei does not get anything from that Power Rangers.

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe i have low standards, but Rescue Force/Fire and Ryukendo's CGI still looks good today

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
tr2ah0clv8771.jpg

Toku peeps, I wanna hear your thoughts on the S.H Figuarts line.
Been playing with the SHF Kamen Rider Calibur for a while now, comparing it to past releases and just getting a hang on all the engineering changes for some shots I wanted to take.
I couldn't stop thinking about how it feels like Bandai has been so focused on completely revolutionizing the line that they're just making whatever changes they can, even if it'll causes issues where there were none.

If you own any SHF stuff, you know that the Kamen Rider line was essentially Bandai's "testing ground" for anything. Paint styles, articulation, detail work, etc.
It wasn't until Gaim where we got a complete overhaul of the old system and started getting better proportions, accurate designs, etc.

From there on, we've had:
Drive:
+ Improved proportions compared to the Gaim body.
+ Impeccable detail work.
- Did not include main weapon. (This trend begins here)

Ghost:
+ Better proportions.
+ Includes main weapon.
- Awful articulation due to the hoodie's thick material and questionable cutout choices for joints.

Ex-Aid:
+ Increased movement range on all joints.
+ Figures came with their main weapons.
- The gimmicks lack stickers or paint. (This trend begins here)

Build:
+ Better proportions.
+ Drop-down leg articulation.
- Did not include main weapon. (The price for Build was lowered to the $35 range)

Zi-O:
+ Drop-down leg articulation and increased thigh poseability.
- Weird change in neck peg length? Made most figures in this line look dopey.
- Did not include main weapon. (The price for Zi-O was in the $35 range)
- ...but Geiz was at the regular $45 price and had no weapons either.
- The gimmicks lack stickers or paint. They look really bad.

Zero One:
+ Even better articulation somehow, my God.
+ Proportions are now 100% on par with Renewals. Perfection.
- The gimmicks lack stickers or paint. For Riders with a Force-Riser, it looks terrible.
- Did not include main weapon. (The price for Zero One was in the the $35 range)
+ ...but Vulcan included BOTH his and Zero One's weapon!

Saber:
+ Proportions are on par with Renewals, but...
- Figures have been scaled up in size for some reason?
- The handplate on the back of the hands is now removable and needs to be swapped when changing hands. You get one set. This is across the Saber line.
- The thigh articulation was changed to better fit the suit's aesthetics so there's slightly less range.
- The arm swivel was changed to better fit the suit's aesthetics so there's slightly less range.
- Drop-down leg articulation has less range.
- Ankle pivot has less range.
- New shoulder pad setup is more convenient when posing, but limits arm movement. (VERY ANNOYING WHEN YOU HAVE A HUGE DRAGON FACE AS A SHOULDER PAD)
- Missing paint apps present on the actual suit and main weapon. (Even on regular-price releases like Blades and Espada)

This doesn't even account for the issues with the breaking joints and the rubber suit that they've used for the Kamen Rider Black Renewal.
(Can't wait to see how the Ultraman Tiga Renewal release goes, cause that's the WHOLE CHEST made of rubber)
I'm really into action figure photography so I know I'm biased, but it just seems like they're so focused on getting the "look" right that they'll sacrifice articulation for it, but they'll still try to save a buck on stickers and basic paint apps? This is a $40-80 figure line and it sometimes feels like we're dealing with Hasbro. I'm not even accounting for the garbage QC and missing paint issues we've been seeing on all their releases though. (Including Premium Bandai stuff like Decade Complete and Metal Cluster Hopper)

idk maybe im just being weird lol

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Wait, the Saber figuarts figures are bigger?
Are the missing paint apps only on Saber (which was at the cheaper price point) or also on Calibur and Blades?

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, the Saber figuarts figures are bigger?
Are the missing paint apps only on Saber (which was at the cheaper price point) or also on Calibur and Blades?
Ye, just slightly. It's noticeable when posed next to the others though.
As far as I'm aware, it's just Saber from those three when it comes to the body. I know other releases lately have had issues with that area too.
Both Saber and Blades are missing silver paint for their swords and Saber's chest.
1_8k64fOBobt7L.jpg
3D4186A8-8A8A-431B-BAD8-4518177BB4A4_1_100_o.jpeg
8b7adb43-89c4-4922-aad2-f6a570647df0.jpg
IMG_4389.JPG

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Ye, just slightly. It's noticeable when posed next to the others though.
As far as I'm aware, it's just Saber from those three. I know other releases lately have had issues with that tho.

They probably cut corners on the "buy in" character, which sucks because he's the main character. I was wondering how he was sooo much cheaper than Blades.

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
They probably cut corners on the "buy in" character, which sucks because he's the main character. I was wondering how he was sooo much cheaper than Blades.
I agree. It's just an extra bit of disappointment alongside the unpainted black and silver details on the chest, the bare-plastic red chest area, the swappable hand backs, the gray plastic sword, and the weird scale.
It sucks to get a figure like this when Zero-One released a year ago for the same price and it was perfect.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I agree. It's just an extra bit of disappointment alongside the unpainted black and silver details on the chest, the bare-plastic red chest area, the swappable hand backs, the gray plastic sword, and the weird scale.
It sucks to get a figure like this when Zero-One released a year ago for the same price and it was perfect.

Agreed. Though I actually wouldn't mind if they just did a cheaper figuarts line and a more premium line, but mixing like this kind of sucks. I'm sure there will be a "premium" deco of Saber eventually though, especially as the main Rider.

On a side note, I think I said it before but the roleplay toys for Saber are fantastic. Just got the Calibur sword and Yuri's sword of light (well, I guess it's actually Yuri himself). They cheaped out by having the belt be exactly the same but they work a bit differently, and my kids are having a blast reusing all of our wonder ride books with calibur. Having every rider have a weapon really helps I think get my kids excited. I know, I know, back in my day all we had was a cyclone belt with a single switch and we could use our imaginations. I've seen them kind of drying up on Amazon Japan, though I hope there's some left after the show is over because we still don't have all of the swords.

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
On a side note, I think I said it before but the roleplay toys for Saber are fantastic. Just got the Calibur sword and Yuri's sword of light (well, I guess it's actually Yuri himself). They cheaped out by having the belt be exactly the same but they work a bit differently, and my kids are having a blast reusing all of our wonder ride books with calibur. Having every rider have a weapon really helps I think get my kids excited. I know, I know, back in my day all we had was a cyclone belt with a single switch and we could use our imaginations. I've seen them kind of drying up on Amazon Japan, though I hope there's some left after the show is over because we still don't have all of the swords.
For sure. The final form sword is tempting me every time I browse AmiAmi...
But then you gotta get the Driver, then the books, and then I'm out $200+ lol

Sadly, I only to SIC, which Bandai doesn't care about.
See, now that's pure suffering.

Injustice45

Oct 29, 2017
I have fully caught up on Kamen Rider Saber and I'm surprised that I did, given my opinion on the early episodes. So, the green screen henshins grew on me a lot, though I still prefer transformations done without them in Kamen Rider shows. The suits in this show are great. All the belt jingles are super catchy. Saikou's jingles are my favorite. Now I want one of those belts. I can't unsee Master Logos as Genta. Dude's expressions are ridiculous as hell. Ren is the worst character. Annoying and an idiot. The villains, unfortunately, I don't remember a lot about. Zooous did a lot of flips and had some beef with Rintaro and the last Blades. Legiel... he didn't have much. Storius was calculating in the background. I like Mr. Ogami, AKA "Rider Dad." Nice to see a dad in a Kamen Rider show that isn't an asshole. Saber's not the best Rider show, but it's a lot better than I thought it would be. I kinda like it.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Hasbro and Toei, do we know who employs the Power Rangers stunt people? I'm hoping it's Hasbro. If PR is ending and we get a new live action series, I'm not ready for some CW quality fights smh.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Speaking of Hasbro and Toei, do we know who employs the Power Rangers stunt people? I'm hoping it's Hasbro. If PR is ending and we get a new live action series, I'm not ready for some CW quality fights smh.
Power Rangers has its own stunt team for the new American scenes. Using Toei footage/suits or not shouldn't change that at all.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is that Alain's sister AKA Pink Necrom (now Pink Spectre) AKA Queen of the Jobbers, 2 seconds of transformed screentime?

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
No I know it's not Kanon, I said Alian's sister. Isn't that her?
So, in Saber/Ghost, there's a character known as Copy Kanon. She is not Kanon, but is the same actress as Kanon, if that makes sense.

Kanon from the show:
sFS01SO-_400x400.png

Copy Kanon from Saber/Ghost:

The former had a pink eyecon in the show, and I'm guessing the latter becomes Pink Specter.

Necrom Pink was this lady, Alain's older sister.
de8079z-14970dc5-7c15-475d-b36c-611ed5473b73.jpg