• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Just finished Kamen Rider Build. That was fucking excellent. Just... Just... so fucking heartfelt and earnest in it's themes, while not shying away from the grittier aspects of it's subject. CGI seemed to have improved since Gaim as well even though there was some spotty parts there. I don't know whether I prefer this or Gaim, all I know is that they need to translate this series and have boxsets shipped worldwide.

Onto Ex-Aid and probably Amazons trying out Sentai or Ultraman.
Build was so good

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck, they're making a W anime?

I love W and I don't know why Toei seems to like it as much as I do.

best song btw

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I never venture out of Gaming era, but a random post there pointed me here. I didn't expect there'd be a toku thread on Era!

I watched some tokus as a kid, and recently got back into it after finding a way to watch them. I rewatched Liveman and Jetman from my childhood, and then moved on to Go Busters (very good) and Kamen Rider Zero One (my first KR and an outstanding show). Right now I'm watching Lupinranger vs Patranger, and started KR Gaim.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
They did it lol. Amazing.

JNLAsGL.jpg

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The most surprising part of this to me is Toei working on a movie for more than a couple of months.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Love how they explore what it means to be a "hero" and how they deal with the consequences that come choice. I'd love to read some critical essay's comparing and contrasting the two.

Gaim is certainly more pessimistic while Build is more optimistic. They both have clear and real consequences, but Build offers its characters more of a way out.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, it's an anniversary? Well, that explains quite a bit then. I saw the Black Sun thing and was like WTF is happening here.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
ShoutFactory has licensed Zero One for a DVD or blu-ray release in the US!!!!!! They don't know which they'll be going with but they've got the license! Release is coming next year. It'll also be up on TokuShoutsu.

They also got Ryuki for TokuShoutsu.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
ShoutFactory has licensed Zero One for a DVD or blu-ray release in the US!!!!!! They don't know which they'll be going with but they've got the license! Release is coming next year. It'll also be up on TokuShoutsu.

They also got Ryuki for TokuShoutsu.

Nice!! Hopefully it's blu-ray but I'll be happy to pick it up. Hopefully this could lead to other releases.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Trailer for Kamen Rider Genms - The Presidents. Basically, a Thouser vs Genm special.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched Ryuki or Zero-One, so I might check out both of them since I want to support the official releases.

Oct 25, 2017

I'm sure people do this all the time when toys come out but it's the first I've watched one

Really the notable take away is
the Akibaranger sound

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any streaming service hosting Garo at the moment?

HiDive has Garo, Garo Makai Senki, the Kiba thing, Red Requiem, and Beast of the Demon Night all in one entry.

www.hidive.com

Stream GARO on HIDIVE

Watch episodes of GARO right here on HIDIVE. Start a 14 Day FREE Trial, and enjoy all of the Premium Membership perks!

The series after that are nowhere.

The anime series: Garo, Vanishing Line, and Crimson Moon, are all on Funimation.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Saber 29

This was... another not bad episode! I mean, I could nitpick some things here and there, but overall this was fine.

Plot is going forward, some of the shows loose ends are being tied. Not bad.

(ShinkenGold is still a terrible actor/terribly directed, but at least it's fun to see him doing funny faces)

Zenkaiger 05

This is what could be the first "filler-ish" episode, but nope. We got plot progression, we got character development, we got nice fights... Zenkaiger, somehow, both gets a lot of what previous series had done well, while being new and creative as hell.

It's very much a parody season, a la Carranger, but it also tries to be both retro in some regards, and modern as hell at the same time. Just wonderful.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So...like I'm hoping they explain how Master Logos was this huge dick seemingly the whole time. Was he replaced? We still have whoever gave Touma Primjtive Dragon which kind of looked like him? Or was that just him?

But darn Durandal was cool! King Crimsom up in here...my only gripe is he reduced Reika to just drooling "big brother!" which was weird. I hope we see them fight together they're probably the coolest suits and powers in the show.

I sort of feel Durandal is gonna kill her for "reasons" probably alongside when she switches sides for whatever reason.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So there's not going to be a DX toy for Kamen Rider Sabela's sword? My daughter's gonna be disappointed.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So...like I'm hoping they explain how Master Logos was this huge dick seemingly the whole time. Was he replaced?
It was already suggested he wasn't the first Master Logos during his meeting with Tassel, although we don't know how the Master Logos succession works.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It was already suggested he wasn't the first Master Logos during his meeting with Tassel, although we don't know how the Master Logos succession works.
Oh yeah there was those Sage guys too he...killed. which I don't think we ever saw till Episode 28.

The whole Sword of Logos thing is just weird lol as an organization. Like the fact the empty Southern Base had basically this entire second area where literally everyone else but Touma and co. were.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Zenkaiger 5

Some hilarious visuals in this episode, and some nice insight into Kaito and Juran. Interested to learn more about what happened to the latter's family.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Saber

(The current) Master Logos was an interesting character in the beginning but we're back to villain with cryptic smiles and maniacal laugh, unless they're pulling another twist with a true villain somehow.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Had no idea the 7 riders movie was just a compilation of scenes from their respective series with a basic framing device. That was fun. Laughed at parts, like "here's a no context scene that was very dangerous to shot, so we have to include it" and "here are our actresses in bathing suits just because".

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Had no idea the 7 riders movie was just a compilation of scenes from their respective series with a basic framing device. That was fun. Laughed at parts, like "here's a no context scene that was very dangerous to shot, so we have to include it" and "here are our actresses in bathing suits just because".
Yeah, it was a New Year's special that aired after Stronger was over and it's a mostly a recap. It's the last time they got the actors of the first seven Riders to appear in a single feature though, alongside Tachibana appearing with them.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
The Momotaros SH Figuart is about 20% off on Amazon so I finally ordered it after having it in my wish list for a while pondering it. I'm about 4 episodes away from being done with Den-O and I'm gonna miss the hell out of the imagin so I finally decided to grab him. I hope they do renewals for the others as well.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Momotaros SH Figuart is about 20% off on Amazon so I finally ordered it after having it in my wish list for a while pondering it. I'm about 4 episodes away from being done with Den-O and I'm gonna miss the hell out of the imagin so I finally decided to grab him. I hope they do renewals for the others as well.
Dude there's like eight movies you have left with them lol

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
All Together! Seven Kamen Riders!! was silly and fun, a great reminder of how Kamen Rider looked like back then. To a way, even current Kamen Rider movies still have this same DNA, which are basically glorified stage shows where character appearances, cameos from known actors, and exciting fights takes priority over plot or continuity. Some later movies and even stage shows do try to serve as a continuation or supplementary canon material but it's always the fun first.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Tetsuo Kurata is in such a mess I wonder what happened with that guy. For years he seemed chill living with his legacy as Black, then the case about him and his fans spread, on which he stayed silent. Then during the 50th anniversary of Kamen Rider in which many actors who participated in Kamen Rider series tweeted their congratulations message (it was pretty cool, check the #仮面ライダー生誕50周年 ), he instead uploaded a very weird video about how he didn't really like Kamen Rider, disliked being typecast as Black his entire life, and generally apologized for not participating. Which was so off considering how he basically capitalized his legacy the entire time. Then today he posted a formal apology on his Facebook taking all what he said back.

Like I can write off the guy as just an asshole after the fan hullabaloo surfaced, but on the same time he looked like he's been through a lot.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Tetsuo Kurata is in such a mess I wonder what happened with that guy. For years he seemed chill living with his legacy as Black, then the case about him and his fans spread, on which he stayed silent. Then during the 50th anniversary of Kamen Rider in which many actors who participated in Kamen Rider series tweeted their congratulations message (it was pretty cool, check the #仮面ライダー生誕50周年 ), he instead uploaded a very weird video about how he didn't really like Kamen Rider, disliked being typecast as Black his entire life, and generally apologized for not participating. Which was so off considering how he basically capitalized his legacy the entire time. Then today he posted a formal apology on his Facebook taking all what he said back.

Like I can write off the guy as just an asshole after the fan hullabaloo surfaced, but on the same time he looked like he's been through a lot.
Wait, what's with him?

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017

I'm sure people do this all the time when toys come out but it's the first I've watched one

Really the notable take away is
the Akibaranger sound

I'm not sure that's notable, there are always a bunch of unused sounds in those toys. They throw them in just in case they need them not because there are actual plans so it really doesn't tell us anything.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So besides the licensing announcement by Shout Factory for Zero-One and Ryuki and the Funimation partnership for the W anime, has there been any other news for Rider week? I just want them to bring over the exclusive Figuarts on P Bandai...

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Maybe his restaurant business has been doing badly due to COVID, which led to him putting more pressure on his fans to go to events, and now also that video where he lashed out against Kamen Rider right in the middle of the 50th anniversary festivities. This was basically the worst possible moment he could have done that considering all the attention on the franchise.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So besides the licensing announcement by Shout Factory for Zero-One and Ryuki and the Funimation partnership for the W anime, has there been any other news for Rider week? I just want them to bring over the exclusive Figuarts on P Bandai...

Hideaki Anno's Shin Kamen Rider (similar to Shin Godzilla and Shin Ultraman)
Kamen Rider Black Sun (retelling of Kamen Rider Black)