• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
who looked bad in previous one
Personally, I really didn't like Metsuboujinrai's shoulders, which clashed with the suit's general aesthetic, and the helmet was kind of odd too.

Kamen Rider Zaia is fine, but it's a pretty uninspired black repaint.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Kamen Rider OOO

Of the three Rider series I've watched from beginning to end, Den-O's still my number one, but OOO is one hell of a close second. Eiji and Ankh's relationship was one of the biggest highlights, having a much different--but still extremely fun--dynamic from Ryotaro and the Taros or Shotaro and Philip. The Greeed are probably my favourite villains so far, and I look forward to seeing if any of the other shows' secondary Riders are as loveable as Date.

I also think that OOO's transformations are all my favourites to date, especially PU! TO! TYRA! Great designs all around for this one.

Glad you loved OOOs! For me it's still my #2 after Build, but I love them both for very different reasons.

I'm getting towards the end of Den-O right now, I think I've seen 36 episodes and I love it so I'll probably have it wrapped up in the next week or so and then it's on to either Kiva or Fourze probably (likely the latter)

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Glad you loved OOOs! For me it's still my #2 after Build, but I love them both for very different reasons.

I'm getting towards the end of Den-O right now, I think I've seen 36 episodes and I love it so I'll probably have it wrapped up in the next week or so and then it's on to either Kiva or Fourze probably (likely the latter)

I've started on Zero-One now myself. Wasn't too fond of Aruto at first, but he's growing on me.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Next Saber Rider leaked online (seems like it was a promo picture that was meant to go up after tonight's episode), Kamen Rider Empoleon basically lol.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
I finished Zyuranger and Dairanger a few months back--I am hungry for more. I'm a little intimidated by all the series out there, would it be ok if I ask for recommendations for both Sentai and Kamen Rider (been looking to get into the latter especially for some time now)?

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I finished Zyuranger and Dairanger a few months back--I am hungry for more. I'm a little intimidated by all the series out there, would it be ok if I ask for recommendations for both Sentai and Kamen Rider (been looking to get into the latter especially for some time now)?

The OP lists quite a few recommendations for both series, but here's a few that I enjoyed for each:

Sentai - Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Kyoryuger. You could also just continue and watch Kakuranger to wrap up the MMPR seasons.
Kamen Rider - Build, W, Den-O

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
The OP lists quite a few recommendations for both series, but here's a few that I enjoyed for each:

Sentai - Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Kyoryuger. You could also just continue and watch Kakuranger to wrap up the MMPR seasons.
Kamen Rider - Build, W, Den-O

Crap, I got excited seeing this topic and completely missed the OP--talk about embarrassing. Thanks though, definitely adding these to my list.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
There's a countdown to something regarding Kamen Rider 50th anniversary dated for next week in the official Kamen Rider website. Three announcements.

www.kamen-rider-official.com

仮面ライダーWEB【公式】|東映

仮面ライダーシリーズ公式サイトです。令和仮面ライダー第5作となる「仮面ライダーガッチャード」や前作品「仮面ライダーギーツ」「仮面ライダーリバイス」の番組や映画の紹介は勿論、グッズ商品やイベントの情報などシリーズ全般で掲載していきます。

Could be anything from movie to merchandise to event etc, but for what it's worth they're trying to hype it up.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Watch Jetman for Sentai next.

Watch Kamen Rider Build.

coredecepts

Oct 27, 2017
If you haven't seen anything recent from Sentai or Power Rangers, I would suggest something like ToQger, Kyuranger, or Kiramager. All really good and far removed from Zyuranger, so you'll get a sense for what these shows can look like now as opposed to almost 30 years ago. Can't go wrong with Shinkenger or Gokaiger too.

For Kamen Rider, I will always recommend Build to start with. I started with Gaim, and that was intense. Fourze is a ton of fun and a huge swing the other way with lots of comedy. I also enjoyed Drive a lot.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Saber... 28? I think?

Half recap episode, half plot dumb. This one was plain boring.

ShinkenGold is not a good villain, too.

For Rider, if you want something newer, 01 is *great*.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Zenkaiger 04

Hell yeah, the team is complete! Another awesome episode, too. New insert song is more modern, and Vroom is quite fun. Magine still steals the scenes tho.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Saber 28 feels like the writers are trying to remind themselves about where the plot is going rather than it is for viewers. It was weirdly spliced with the "plot" moving forward in form of two characters randomly meet in a random place then fight ensues.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Zenkaiger 4

Loved this week's villain's theme, the opening bit in particular had me rolling. There was a lot of really great action too; Vroon splitting himself in half to punch Boxing World's lights out might have been my favourite moment.

Magine might also have the funnest power out of all the Zenkaigers just because of how ridiculous it allows them to get, haha.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Zero-One last year had a half-recap episode around the same point, so this seems to be some production mandate. Zero-One did have Jin's return to give it some hype though, while Saber kept the new Rider for next week.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I finished Timeranger recently and despite a slow start it was a really great series, either tying or surpassing Dairanger as my favorite.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Blades new suit looks neat, but tbh I feel like Rintaro has kind of been weakly written for the longest time.

Dude needs to join Touma already.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
There's a countdown to something regarding Kamen Rider 50th anniversary dated for next week in the official Kamen Rider website. Three announcements.

www.kamen-rider-official.com

仮面ライダーWEB【公式】|東映

仮面ライダーシリーズ公式サイトです。令和仮面ライダー第5作となる「仮面ライダーガッチャード」や前作品「仮面ライダーギーツ」「仮面ライダーリバイス」の番組や映画の紹介は勿論、グッズ商品やイベントの情報などシリーズ全般で掲載していきます。

Could be anything from movie to merchandise to event etc, but for what it's worth they're trying to hype it up.

Updating on this, Funimation retweeted Kamen Rider announcement's tweet.

I really hope something's coming, even if it's something old.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Toei registered a trademark for Futo Tantei/Detective, the name of the W sequel manga. There's that and an also newly registered shin kamen rider url that are both being assumed to involve the 50th anniversary.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
This better not be an April Fools joke

I thought about that too, but it's just too poor to be an April Fools joke (unless Funimation's admin missed the memo).

Waiiiit what?!

That'd be hype.

Not strictly an anime rumor, but "Futo Tantei" was trademarked a few weeks back. For what, we don't know.

Are we getting a Shin Dan Kuroto vs Gai special? Can anyone translate this?

So the way I understand it is the previous video was the April Fool and this is Gai apologizing for that, but he followed up with not all were lies and they were teasing something for tonight.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well it seems we're going to see Seven Riders, the W film, and the Zi-O/Zero One movies on Toei Tokusatu subbed.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks! I wonder why W? That presumably would tie into whatever Futo Tantei they have planned, I guess?

The idea seems to be representing Showa, Heisei, and Reiwa. But maybe them going W and not any of the other Heisei films means something, though it's generally popular so maybe that's simply it.

I guess the other two being multi-Rider movies is due to Showa not having normal summer films, and the Zero One film being still new and they don't wanna lose out on blu-ray sales.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
All Together Seven Kamen Riders is Stronger's New Year's special/epilogue episode. It's mostly a big recap, but it's the last time the actors of the first seven Riders appear together. Also the last in-continuity appearance of Tachibana. It hadn't actually been fansubbed as far as I know, so this is great.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So with Amazon US losing the first season of Amazons, is it going somewhere else or we just don't know yet?

I'll admit I took it for granted that it would be on Prime and didn't finish watching it before it got pulled...

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
The second announcement is Kamen Rider Black Sun, a Kamen Rider Black remake/reboot.

There should be a third announcement this evening.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Kamen Rider Build. That was fucking excellent. Just... Just... so fucking heartfelt and earnest in it's themes, while not shying away from the grittier aspects of it's subject. CGI seemed to have improved since Gaim as well even though there was some spotty parts there. I don't know whether I prefer this or Gaim, all I know is that they need to translate this series and have boxsets shipped worldwide.

Onto Ex-Aid and probably Amazons trying out Sentai or Ultraman.

Last edited:

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Kamen Rider Build. That was fucking excellent. Just... Just... so fucking heartfelt and earnest in it's themes, while not shying away from the grittier aspects of it's subject. CGI seemed to have improved since Gaim as well even though there was some spotty parts there. I don't know whether I prefer this or Gaim, all I know is that they need to translate this series and had boxsets shipped worldwide.

Onto Ex-Aid and probably Amazons trying out Sentai or Ultraman.

Loved Build, and also feel the same way between it and Gaim.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Whew. Can't wait for the hype of the third announcement!

Wonder if they'll do another Amazons-style series?