• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

alvmew

Nov 12, 2017
Not that difference from most of main Kamen Rider crew honestly, they will getting good over time.
My take on sentai is it's humor are so childish that aren't going well with older audience and those cluster fuck mecha, like seriously who like those mess of robot.

I love the clusterfucks and I'm certainly not a child. Totally fine for them to not be for you, but acting like no one could like them outside of kids is really fucking silly.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Mashin Chaser has one of the best designs in rider:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mashin Chaser has one of the best designs in rider:

Ooooh yeah that reminds me I wanna buy his SHF next.

Although I gotta be careful because one I saw on Amazon appeared to be it but it was actually just the parts sold seperately to turn him into that mode where he has the Roidmude parts equipped. Same price even as the base figure.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Drive is legit amazing despite a fairly middle beginning...not a bad beginning but one that felt pretty rote coming off Gaim, very typical post-Decade style that wore thin with Wizard.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Drive's a show I want to check out sooner rather than later because all of the designs I've seen look sick.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Drive is a series I want to get around to eventually and was initially pretty intetested in with the W team and all, but yeah, coming off Gaim I was completely turned off by Drive's beginning going straight back to the prior years' business as usual.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Roidmudes look so cool.
Eh Drive himself has ass designs( Wild, Technic, Formula) And Tridoron is ok looking
Mach is ok looking along with Chaser

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man Reika has been kind of a dull character so far (I think her actress is new to acting as primarily she's a model?) but Sabela is a highlight for me. Awesome little theme music, cool choreography, and a banging transformation jingle.

I'm pretty sure her sword is one of like two female voiced transformation devices in Rider? Besides like Tokimeki Crisis, though that was a gimmick item as opposed to the transformation device, and uh that Alternate Rider's belt in Ryuki.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was wondering if we were going to have an episode that gave the other Zenkai human actors but seems like that above special is doing it.

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
Man Reika has been kind of a dull character so far (I think her actress is new to acting as primarily she's a model?) but Sabela is a highlight for me. Awesome little theme music, cool choreography, and a banging transformation jingle.

I'm pretty sure her sword is one of like two female voiced transformation devices in Rider? Besides like Tokimeki Crisis, though that was a gimmick item as opposed to the transformation device, and uh that Alternate Rider's belt in Ryuki.

Does Kivala count?

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Since unlike Gokaiger, where the past heroes were depowered but still roamed the world, and the Gokaiger's main goal involved hunting them down to get their powers, I don't think we will get many cameos in Zenkaiger. At least, it would seem convoluted to have them appear with the current premise.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Since unlike Gokaiger, where the past heroes were depowered but still roamed the world, and the Gokaiger's main goal involved hunting them down to get their powers, I don't think we will get many cameos in Zenkaiger. At least, it would seem convoluted to have them appear with the current premise.

Isn't the premise that the worlds are trapped in gears, but as they destroy those gears the worlds are freed?

I might have completely missed the point of the mushroom gear, though.

As for Saber, as others have said the last episode was really good with the whole Edge of Tomorrow/Moira Mactaggert concept and stuff finally moving.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Saber 27

So. This episode writing and editing was really, really bad. Cliche after cliché, editing worty of an early 2000s AMV. But man, things are happening. Exciting things are happening. There are some mindfucks there that, really, kinda make me excited for the future of Saber?

So yeah. Saber has the potential not to be great, but at least to be uneven from good to bad, like most pre-Decade series.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Zenkaiger - 03

Whoa. This must've been the cheapest sentai episode... ever? 80% greenscreen with static images.

Still, it just shows how good those characters are. They carry the show even with something like that. I really like Magine.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
man i wished Toei subbed some of that old toku on their channel, it looks wild

Myterious Nile Girl Thutmuse looks a way
latest

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really liked the scene with Touma and the kid, actually did a good job integrating his role as a writer there.

I feel like the Megid being human was obvious since the beginning but it was kind of weird how a few episodes ago they just quickly confirmed it and now one's dead lol. Also he got flowers so no further flashbacks with him which seems lame.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Zenkaiger - 03

Whoa. This must've been the cheapest sentai episode... ever? 80% greenscreen with static images.

Still, it just shows how good those characters are. They carry the show even with something like that. I really like Magine.

I feel like the suit actors and voice actors being professionals already greatly improved the scenes it felt like cheating. Every movements and voices are full of energy, and their lack of expressions are compensated by body movements to the point I felt their scenes won't work if they were human. No offense to the usual budding actors and actresses who are just trying their best, but this is a different level. They're basically a less gimmicky Imajin at this point.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
It's certainly not impossible, but given how Toku got Agito after Shout had the other series I really have no idea what the hell is going on, and then there's Toei releasing a few episodes of series on their own YT channel.

The few episodes were for the Olympics/anniversary, right?

I wonder if Amazons being pulled from Prime is an indicator of anything, or just coincidence?

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Saber

This is pretty much the best thing Touma has ever done in the entire series. The build up to this moment is awkward as usual, but that moment with the kid encapsulates what Kamen Rider is about, giving hope in a hopeless situation. The villain situation is... well the sooner we get rid of Megids the better. Those three guys have barely any character in them and even with one dead nothing is missing. Sucks because the actors seemed to have fun playing them.

The plot is moving but it also means the story is very busy. It's the complete opposite of Zero-One at the exact same point, whereas in Zero-One we're still iin the middle of Hiden vs Zaia bouts. It's moving forward with little breathing room for character moments.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Saber

This is pretty much the best thing Touma has ever done in the entire series. The build up to this moment is awkward as usual, but that moment with the kid encapsulates what Kamen Rider is about, giving hope in a hopeless situation. The villain situation is... well the sooner we get rid of Megids the better. Those three guys have barely any character in them and even with one dead nothing is missing. Sucks because the actors seemed to have fun playing them.

The plot is moving but it also means the story is very busy. It's the complete opposite of Zero-One at the exact same point, whereas in Zero-One we're still iin the middle of Hiden vs Zaia bouts. It's moving forward with little breathing room for character moments.
Yeah the megid suck

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
"Primitive (Wait for it) Dragon!" is probably my favorite transformation announcement since "Pu-To-Tyrannosaurus!".

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Shin Ultraman delayed.

Also we should get news of the next Ultraman pretty soon if I'm not mistaken.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Vulcan and Valkyrie are getting a V-Cinema, direct sequel to the MJ.net one.

https://twitter.com/bandai_ridertoy/status/1375372700407848965
ExZNgZDUYAIBjzW

Valkyrie is getting an actual upgraded form called Justice Serval based on a Serval... Tiger? There's no such thing as a Serval Tiger, but based on some comments I've read there might be issues with the "sabertooth tiger" name in Japan being trademarked, which is probably why recently Bandai has had a "Tigersaurus" in Ryusoulger and now this "Serval Tiger".

ExZNwK0VIAMmBet

It's just a modified Hornet suit, but it looks great, especially compared to the new forms in the previous one.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Well a serval is a real animal (a spotted large cat).

Yeah, but the real animal is just Serval or "Serval cat", not "Serval Tiger". It doesn't have two large fangs either. On the other hand, the dots on the helmet actually seem Serval inspired so the name isn't completely off.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Vulcan and Valkyrie are getting a V-Cinema, direct sequel to the MJ.net one.

https://twitter.com/bandai_ridertoy/status/1375372700407848965
ExZNgZDUYAIBjzW

Valkyrie is getting an actual upgraded form called Justice Serval based on a Serval... Tiger? There's no such thing as a Serval Tiger, but based on some comments I've read there might be issues with the "sabertooth tiger" name in Japan being trademarked, which is probably why recently Bandai has had a "Tigersaurus" in Ryusoulger and now this "Serval Tiger".

ExZNwK0VIAMmBet

It's just a modified Hornet suit, but it looks great, especially compared to the new forms in the previous one.
who looked bad in previous one

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Kamen Rider OOO

Of the three Rider series I've watched from beginning to end, Den-O's still my number one, but OOO is one hell of a close second. Eiji and Ankh's relationship was one of the biggest highlights, having a much different--but still extremely fun--dynamic from Ryotaro and the Taros or Shotaro and Philip. The Greeed are probably my favourite villains so far, and I look forward to seeing if any of the other shows' secondary Riders are as loveable as Date.

I also think that OOO's transformations are all my favourites to date, especially PU! TO! TYRA! Great designs all around for this one.