• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I think we should take that with a huge grain of salt, since it's a 5ch rumor.

That said, if it's true, they're going for JAKQ, with Yellow instead of Green? That's an... interesting choice.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I think we should take that with a huge grain of salt, since it's a 5ch rumor.

That said, if it's true, they're going for JAKQ, with Yellow instead of Green? That's an... interesting choice.

There's a set photo that seems to align with the rumors plus the toy listings sounds like an actual toy listing instead of someone's wish list, but yep critical thinking should apply. It's not confirmed until they confirmed it.

Oct 25, 2017
There's a set photo that seems to align with the rumors plus the toy listings sounds like an actual toy listing instead of someone's wish list, but yep critical thinking should apply. It's not confirmed until they confirmed it.
The listing also came from 5ch. Dukemon out of nowhere went "it's confirmed and I fixed the spelling on the list" (after saying it was just a rumor in his initial post), so either he somehow had access to a retailer listing first hand in the hours since the first post and the 5ch poster is legit or he just decided to say it's confirmed because he's Dukemon and that's what he does.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
The listing also came from 5ch. Dukemon out of nowhere went "it's confirmed and I fixed the spelling on the list" (after saying it was just a rumor in his initial post), so either he somehow had access to a retailer listing first hand in the hours since the first post and the 5ch poster is legit or he just decided to say it's confirmed because he's Dukemon and that's what he does.
What's with the dukemon bashing? He has some reliable sources and if he says the list confirmed I believe him, he has a good track record.

Oct 25, 2017
His "reliable sources" actually are "picking and choosing which 5ch or 2ch rumors he likes to translate and post on twitter", while not mentioning that's where he gets the "rumors" from lmao

It sounds very impressive by most of the people who never heard of japanese image boards/don't speak japanese, I am sure, but obfuscating that you are just translating japanese fan speculation/leaks does not make you reliable or with a good track record.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
He's very upfront about translating speculation and rumors from japanese boards and also why he tends to think some users know what they are talking about. Dukemon posted the mecha list some time ago and said it came from the person who had leaked the suit actors the previous years as an explanation.

When he brings over other rumors he usually prefaces it with "massive grains of salt" etc., not his fault when people jump the gun and think it's what we're actually getting.

The reliable sources I talked about are retailers who are able to confirm the toy list, if Dukemon says the list is confirmed (and that's a word he rarely uses when it comes to the next sentai) I see no reason not to believe it.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
His "reliable sources" actually are "picking and choosing which 5ch or 2ch rumors he likes to translate and post on twitter", while not mentioning that's where he gets the "rumors" from lmao

It sounds very impressive by most of the people who never heard of japanese image boards/don't speak japanese, I am sure, but obfuscating that you are just translating japanese fan speculation/leaks does not make you reliable or with a good track record.

Eh I don't know, I followed Dukemon from the HJU/Rangerboards days and I'm quite sure everyone knows "dukemon rumors" are all secondhand rumors. He just rereported everything he thinks have a grain of truth (which isn't hard if you have been on the internet for a while). Speaking of which, the guy did block me on Twitter for whatever reason lol. I don't even tweet in English, I wonder why.

I do applaud Toei/whoever it is responsible for at least trying to clamp down the leaks, though it will still happen as long as they use magazines. The turnout from leak => show is shorter these days.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
We already know the next sentai from the toy list.

One human:
ZenKaiser - White

Four robots:
ZenkaiJuran - Red, based on Daizyujin, can transform into a giant version and into a T-Rex
ZenkaiGaon - Yellow, based on GaoKing, can transform into a giant version and a lion
ZenkaiMagine - Pink, based on MagiKing, can transform into a giant version and a dragon
ZenkaiVroon - Blue, based on DaiBouken, can transform into a giant version and a dump truck

The giant robots can merge into one similar to Kamen Rider W.

Red and Yellow merge into ZenkaiOh JuraGaon, Pink and Blue merge into ZenkaiOh VrooMagine.

ZenKaiser doesn't have a mecha at the start, he'll probably get one later to merge with all four.

Big if true. We never had a leader that wasn't a red since JAKQ and that's was nearly a half century old. It's completely unprecedented and they're gonna do that for the big anniversary series?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Dekaranger.

I wonder why they cut Freezer/Agent Abrella Growing Monsters Duty?
Because the monsters were supposed to be mostly independent. So, you've got them growing big in different ways (piloting robots, using unique abilities or unleashing a giant alien). Abrella was only there in order for everyone to be able to reuse the same grunts and reuse giant robot suits. Because they obviously wouldn't have the budget to make different grunt armies for each monster of the week.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Because the monsters were supposed to be mostly independent. So, you've got them growing big in different ways (piloting robots, using unique abilities or unleashing a giant alien). Abrella was only there in order for everyone to be able to reuse the same grunts and reuse giant robot suits. Because they obviously wouldn't have the budget to make different grunt armies for each monster of the week.

Well, He holds a grunt to SPD in the second half. so I expect he gonna aid his customers whey they failed.

Oct 25, 2017
Eh I don't know, I followed Dukemon from the HJU/Rangerboards days and I'm quite sure everyone knows "dukemon rumors" are all secondhand rumors. He just rereported everything he thinks have a grain of truth (which isn't hard if you have been on the internet for a while). Speaking of which, the guy did block me on Twitter for whatever reason lol. I don't even tweet in English, I wonder why.

I do applaud Toei/whoever it is responsible for at least trying to clamp down the leaks, though it will still happen as long as they use magazines. The turnout from leak => show is shorter these days.
Catalog scans are basically dead after the last year or two, and even Terebikun has been on Twitter trying to stop people from posting scans from them too.

People absolutely have not learned to not spam social media with that stuff, and specially not to post it using the shows hashtags

Big if true. We never had a leader that wasn't a red since JAKQ and that's was nearly a half century old. It's completely unprecedented and they're gonna do that for the big anniversary series?
Your mileage may vary but Kakuranger

Last edited:

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Your mileage may vary but Kakuranger

NinjaWhite is the leader of the Kakurangers but NinjaRed is effectively the face(?) of the series. He's the one that's always appears center of the squadron pose even in promotional shots. When they have Kakuranger cameos it's most likely NinjaRed they bring back first.

Big One basically took the lead role of the series from the Spade Ace and poses in the middle. If the rumors are true Zenkaiger would be the first series since JAKQ where the Red would not be the face of the series.

Last edited:

ash32121

Oct 27, 2017
Ultraman this season, both Z and the web show(?) Absolute Conspiracy are so awesome.

I hope they can keep this momentum to the next one.

On the other hand, Kamen rider this season is a god damn bored with all the heavy toy spam. Hope the second half can be better, because this season's plot is around Ghost level of shit.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That rumor doesn't imply Zenkai White is the lead does it, just that he's the only human...I took it that he's the "sixth Ranger".

Oct 25, 2017
That rumor doesn't imply Zenkai White is the lead does it, just that he's the only human...I took it that he's the "sixth Ranger".
The idea is that he pilots the other as mechs, if I got things right.
Then there's the fact we usually don't get sixths on the initial listing
And that the setup existed before (Winspector)

But who knows ~~

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Huh, I guess that's true...

But I feel like I recall additional Rangers on early rumors before? I mean they pop up now like twelve episodes in.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm kind of confused on why people seem so certain these Rangers won't have on-screen actors. I guess some catalogs did have basic story info, but considering how limited they are nowadays it seems odd if they included info that's completely irrelevant to the toys. It's not like the actors would get toys.

Huh, I guess that's true...

But I feel like I recall additional Rangers on early rumors before? I mean they pop up now like twelve episodes in.
Catalogs that come out right before the first episode used to have the sixth Ranger, but that's still too early for that.

Last edited:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So when y'all think we'll have a Rider/Sentai alumni make their way over to the MCU? Not as a character from that...though fuck me Decade needs to appear in Spiderman 3 Multiverse as a new Daily Planet worker...but like Takeuchi, or Mizushima probably will end up at one point in a role right since they're moving towards Hollywood?

Oct 25, 2017
Takeuchi Ryoma and.... someone else I cannot remember explicitly mentioned wanting to get into the MCU. Might have been Ryutaro Okada, dunno.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
So when y'all think we'll have a Rider/Sentai alumni make their way over to the MCU? Not as a character from that...though fuck me Decade needs to appear in Spiderman 3 Multiverse as a new Daily Planet worker...but like Takeuchi, or Mizushima probably will end up at one point in a role right since they're moving towards Hollywood?

Maybe DC first?

deadline.com

HBO Max Plotting Local International Originals Based On DC Comics IP As WarnerMedia Steps Up Global Rollout Of Streaming Service

HBO Max is looking to make original DC Comics-based content outside of the U.S. for the first time.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Kiramei 34

Yes, keep that Yodonna/Tame relationship. It's too good.

Also, another episode without a Marrskman. They are being really good with the budget.

Didn't this episode to be a more serious one, too. And now we got yet another cliffhanger with the probable final villain.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is Sentai usually as horny as Kiramager is?

I don't recall any interteam romance for quite awhile...

Oct 25, 2017
How dare you, all the love in Kira is pure and not horny outside of the goth stalker

But seriously, that's one of the reasons some people REALLY love LuPato

[and insert the actual kiss between the dudes on the stage show after the end of the season]

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017

Yeahlol, he doesn't have any actual sources, he's only as reliable as the rumors he happens to translate are. With that said, with a much tighter lid on toy catalogs, it's really hard to know what is legitimate because it's so difficult to get actual confirmation. There were ultimately a few "leaks" for Kiramager but basically impossible to discern from the fakes until the same initial toy catalog text listings appeared from multiple sources. Beyond that, the only real leak was a listing of some of the robo/add-ons that wasn't taken as true until the first couple items on said list were officially confirmed.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Yeahlol, he doesn't have any actual sources, ...
I already said I was referring to retailers who confirmed the leaked toy list when I said "reliable sources", everyone knows he translates rumors and leaks from japanese boards, that's not some big revelation, Dukemon himself talks about this all the time.
That said he has been doing this for several years and in some cases can point to a certain poster who accurately leaked info in the past, giving those rumors more weight. As far as I'm concerned that's valuable information.

oh god, it's 2020 and we're still talking about Dukemon? HOW IS THIS STILL A THING?!
Seriously, did he kill someone's dog? I don't get this animosity towards him.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Eh, dude has failed more than a few times, so that's why it's always good to take things with a grain of salt, but it's one of our few sources of information nonetheless.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Is...is Dukemon an actual terrible person or just a dude who translated 2ch/5ch stuff and maybe got a lot of stuff wrong? The posts here seem to imply he's terrible, but I admit I don't know much about him.

If he's the latter who cares, I've been in the fandom for more than decade and learning leaks about the upcoming children's action show is literally pointless.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't he get his leaks wrong most of the time?
Most of the stuff he posts he clearly marks as rumors or conjecture from japanese fans, so technically he doesn't get it wrong because he never claimed to be right in the first place. One of his favorite phrases is "massive grains of salt", what more can he do?
The stuff he actually marks as leaks or potential leaks has a much higher chance to turn out to be true.
Is...is Dukemon an actual terrible person or just a dude who translated 2ch/5ch stuff and maybe got a lot of stuff wrong?
The latter, he's a perfectly nice guy and toku nerd who likes to look for leaks, rumors and theories and shares what he finds with others. That's why I'm confused that some people seem to dislike him, he's just a fan who likes to talk about rumors etc.

Oct 25, 2017

01 movie press conference, including the villain henshin

Same for Saber; recommend watching this one 'cause our old Amazon Alpha buddy crafted quite the villainous henshin

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
It's nothing personal. He just has zero credibility based on history
Yeah, exactly. When you're translating every single 2ch/5ch/twitter rumor, eventually you might hit on the real stuff and be validated because you were the (English-speaking) "source" of a rumor/leak that turned out to true. But that's not credibility.

I mean, I think there are people with animosity towards him, but that's another story lol. In general, some of the derisiveness surrounding him is probably because he's basically kept up the same schtick/gimmick, even as the internet became a lot less "small" and the curtain was pulled back on Oz re: the sources of most of the rumors he posts.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, exactly. When you're translating every single 2ch/5ch/twitter rumor, eventually you might hit on the real stuff and be validated because you were the (English-speaking) "source" of a rumor/leak that turned out to true. But that's not credibility.

I mean, I think there are people with animosity towards him, but that's another story lol. In general, some of the derisiveness surrounding him is probably because he's basically kept up the same schtick/gimmick, even as the internet became a lot less "small" and the curtain was pulled back on Oz re: the sources of most of the rumors he posts.

I just felt he stopped being relevant the more his rumors didn't pan out and the more information became accessible from different sources and people that were more reliable. His behavior when people pointed out his inaccuracies did him no favors either if I remember his posts all those years ago.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Z is ramping up, whew. I'll miss this show when it ends.

If he acts like an ass then that's another story, but I'm not demanding credibility from this guy if he's just pasting every rumors he found from 2ch/5ch. Websites that do credit Dukemon as "source" gets my side-eyed look though, he was never a source and I won't reward websites that doesn't know what a source is.