• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So Kento is really dead? So early? Feels like he didn't do much

All magazines are just referencing Kento being "defeated" or "wounded". Nothing has said he was killed. However, they also say nothing about him beyond the point where this week's episode ended. He doesn't appear at all even while all other Riders are using new/borrowed books. Spoiler pictures in the official site for next week show him on a bed (but only from the side, no visible face).

If he does die, maybe it was meant to be a twist even to people following official spoilers.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Kiramager 33

Taguchi is the real winner of this year's best toku. Not only he's the main Director on Z, he also did this wonderful arc. He really went all out here, and the mecha battle was even more impressive than what Ultraman does. Incredible giant/ground integration, just like how Z did a couple times. They got the right dude to direct the episode focused on giant creatures for sure.

Didn't expect a cannon finisher... for the robots. Good one.

Saber 12

Kento is such a bad character. Very same error, after Rintaro almost died saving his life last time. Heck, even the connection he, in theory, has with Touma, had to be developed by Rintaro instead, because Kento can't even do that.

And then... we got his... "death" scene? Not sure he's dead or not, but man, this really is Ex-Aid written by the Ghost writer.

Tassel on the real world? Now that's interesting.

Last edited:
Honestly I'm pretty much done with Saber as a show. I gave it a fair shake because of Covid, but Kiramager and Z have been fairing significantly better in spite of the pandemic.

The show has too much shit going on at once, it feels like it doesn't know what it wants to do, nothing is really gripping because the show moves at a lightning pace to introduce the next toy. I shouldn't watch a character die and feel nothing because the circumstances leading to their death were so nonsensical. In some ways I feel like this show is worse than Ghost since Ghost at least gives you some time to absorb its plot points before switching to something else.

Oh, and Saber's OP theme is terrible and I'm tired of hearing it every week. I know some people here hated the pop/edm-ish style of Excite and Be The One, but at least those songs don't make my ears bleed.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Well, the toy avalanche is almost ending at least. There are two more upcoming upgrades and then things should slow down for a while at least toy-wise.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ghost was better than Saber early on but personally I felt once we learned the 99 Days could just be reset and Kanon was rescued it...just went to shit.

I mean I liked Alain and I think the episodes where the historical ghosts possessed people was really how it should've been from the beginning but there was nothing left for most of the characters to do so we got shit like the Ganmaizers, that Bill Gates subplot, and the Makoto Clone Saga.

Saber has the opposite issue where I think there's still a ton of potential to explore if the show slows down after the initial toys.

Also I like Almighty. The full version has a cool slow, instrumental melody too.

But I'd like to get a hype insert song for a battle though.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on a similar camp, Birdie. I am giving the show Q2 to either wow me or at least not become unwatchable, but I cannot see it becoming notable either way 💤

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, even the worst Kamen Rider is just inoffensively... there. It's easy to watch it once a week then forget about it until next episode (and sometimes be surprised if the episode is unexpectedly good) if I'm so disengaged. But I need my silly colorful men in suits fighting each other fix every week.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on episode 3 of Saber and I don't know why but I really like it. I think a lot of work is being done on the set design and Kamen Riders designs.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
whelp saber

looks like the calibur sword possess people

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Sad to hear about Mana Kinjo. Ui was an example of energetic and helpful normal character written right and Mana Kinjo brought her to life flawlessly. Rest In Peace.

In other news...

For once we didn't get a silhouette tease from magazine leak.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The sillhouette feels like a mix of Akaranger (collar, bulging visor) and Akared (collar, v antenna).

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Sad to hear about Mana Kinjo. Ui was an example of energetic and helpful normal character written right and Mana Kinjo brought her to life flawlessly. Rest In Peace.

In other news...

For once we didn't get a silhouette tease from magazine leak.

That damn popped collar is crazy haha.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Ultraman Z - 23

I wish they had either done something to Cerebro before, be it develop him as a true enemy, or get rid of him and put something (Juggler?) on his place. He's easily this series' weakest element, and this whole thing doesn't feel as... deserved? from the villain side as it should. Well, as long as the payoff is there, it'll be fine. And I trust the writers to do a great job here.

Now, about this episode, Tsuburaya flexing all their models was really good. Great fight as always, and THAT ENDING.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kanon was such a blob of nothingness in Ghost it's amazing how Sayo in Kiramager really nails her role (just got to Silver's introduction and that was cute).

They should bring the actress back one day for Kamen Rider and give Kanon her own Rider Form to make up for her poor role and Pink Necrom.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Saber 13

And here we are. The moment equivalent to Ghost's first wish. In what direction will this series go now?

I like the new form. Metalic armor and red works very well with this there, and it's not of the shinny kind. The introduction also felt (just a bit) less rushed than the other toys, so... good. Kento's (probably not) death also worked way better than last episode's. It had weight, and gave the characters some growth. Overall, very positive episode, even if the twist is what I expected all this time - the sword is a Gaisolg armor, lol.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That bed is the most developed character in Saber.

This show is weird. I enjoy watching it but it's such a mess...not boring though but so much is going on. That scene with the swordsman arguing was so bizarre. The villains are chewing the scenery and I don't know why...kind of interesting how active they are constantly going on the battlefield.

I actually think Touma is a good actor even if he's been rushed through all the emotional beats. Also Ren crying for Kento at the end was kind of silly but also kind of fitting for his character screaming like a madman?

I don't hate Saber but yeah this show is kind of a weird mess I can't look away from lol.

Also I guess all those folks the goblins turned into red fruit roll ups actually died?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Like I wondered if Ogami knew Calibur was the old Saber and last episode had that weird like "hey we told you Calibur was the old Saber" and I was like, huh, you did?

coredecepts

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 9 eps into Kiramager, and it's wonderful. Such a joyful, positive show. Great dynamics between the team, good messages in the storylines. Everyone's so supportive and positive.

And it's genuinely, consistently goofy and funny.

So glad I started watching. Thanks for talking it up so much, thread!

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 9 eps into Kiramager, and it's wonderful. Such a joyful, positive show. Great dynamics between the team, good messages in the storylines. Everyone's so supportive and positive.

Kirameiger and Ultraman Z carrying 2020.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017

It's the show we need right now! It's amazing to think that the lead actor tested positive for COVID at some point and the show carried on like a boss.

Juuru's actor once posted that when he was shooting some kids passed by and got excited. He can't shake their hands so he had to settle with doing the Kiramekiiiing pose for them. I usually dislike a character's trademark schtick, but I can see how important it is for the kids in a kids' show.

coredecepts

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta mention, I'm a little confused how everyone settled on Kiramager instead of Kirameiger. It uses the kana for 'me' and 'i' after all.

And as it is now, you have to add an -i to do some of the phrases, like "Kiramai Go!" which wouldn't be a problem if it used -mei instead.

Not a deal breaker, just curious.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta mention, I'm a little confused how everyone settled on Kiramager instead of Kirameiger. It uses the kana for 'me' and 'i' after all.

And as it is now, you have to add an -i to do some of the phrases, like "Kiramai Go!" which wouldn't be a problem if it used -mei instead.

Not a deal breaker, just curious.

It's how Toei decided to spell it, not much to do about it.

fQWI1D0.jpg

(also on the soundtrack box)

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
That bed is the most developed character in Saber.

This show is weird. I enjoy watching it but it's such a mess...not boring though but so much is going on. That scene with the swordsman arguing was so bizarre. The villains are chewing the scenery and I don't know why...kind of interesting how active they are constantly going on the battlefield.

I actually think Touma is a good actor even if he's been rushed through all the emotional beats. Also Ren crying for Kento at the end was kind of silly but also kind of fitting for his character screaming like a madman?

I don't hate Saber but yeah this show is kind of a weird mess I can't look away from lol.

Also I guess all those folks the goblins turned into red fruit roll ups actually died?
Ren's thing is that he looks up to Kento and was jealous of Touma in his debut.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Are we gonna see the next Super Sentai designs soon? I've seen silhouettes floating around.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I said it on the Discord and gonna repeat it here, Toei should just give sentai to Arakawa. All the series where he was the main writer are easily on my top 10.

Oct 25, 2017
It's the show we need right now! It's amazing to think that the lead actor tested positive for COVID at some point and the show carried on like a boss.

Juuru's actor once posted that when he was shooting some kids passed by and got excited. He can't shake their hands so he had to settle with doing the Kiramekiiiing pose for them. I usually dislike a character's trademark schtick, but I can see how important it is for the kids in a kids' show.
IIRC one of the writers also tested positive around the same time.
Honestly both Zero One and Kira dribbled around COVID issues very well.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't the name of the next Sentai imply like...robots or something?

Here's my pitch...a three hero team, each of them augmented humans. But the twist...each one was originally made by a different villainous faction for evil but rescued and now have to fight those three factions. Of course they directly turn into the giant robots.

So yeah basically a Kamen Rider-inspired Sentai.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't the name of the next Sentai imply like...robots or something?

Here's my pitch...a three hero team, each of them augmented humans. But the twist...each one was originally made by a different villainous faction for evil but rescued and now have to fight those three factions. Of course they directly turn into the giant robots.

So yeah basically a Kamen Rider-inspired Sentai.
We already know the next sentai from the toy list.

One human:
ZenKaiser - White

Four robots:
ZenkaiJuran - Red, based on Daizyujin, can transform into a giant version and into a T-Rex
ZenkaiGaon - Yellow, based on GaoKing, can transform into a giant version and a lion
ZenkaiMagine - Pink, based on MagiKing, can transform into a giant version and a dragon
ZenkaiVroon - Blue, based on DaiBouken, can transform into a giant version and a dump truck

The giant robots can merge into one similar to Kamen Rider W.

Red and Yellow merge into ZenkaiOh JuraGaon, Pink and Blue merge into ZenkaiOh VrooMagine.

ZenKaiser doesn't have a mecha at the start, he'll probably get one later to merge with all four.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't really been interested in anything Super Sentai or Power Rangers for a long time, but those Zenkaiger rumours do have my attention (and also the lead's costume looks cool just from the silhouette alone)

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder what series Kaiser will take after? Maybe like just "sci-fi robot" since the other four seems to be representing the four usual tropes of dinosaur, vehicle, animal, and magic/mythological.

Guessing we'll probably have support robots based on other topes like one based on aircraft (though that's another candidate for Kaiser) and ninja.