• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah that's really confusing to me too.

I feel like the only reason I get the flashback stuff is because I read the wiki.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Kiramager 31

Heck yeah, love those weird episodes that don't follow the normal MotW formula. Funny way to sell the toys too, heh.

Takamichi's song could be a Metal Hero OP easily. Just needed to up the bass on the mix lol

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Yeah, they teased he'll make a tv appearance. Same actor as Jin from Amazons and the marketing seems to be playing that up.

Bacht, Kamen Rider Falchion

I hope Haruka and Chiciro actors have another role in future Toei Show.

Kiramager 31

Takamichi's song could be a Metal Hero OP easily. Just needed to up the bass on the mix lol

His song very Showa.
Honestly, I quite surprise that Turboranger Casts not appear on Kirameger yet. Since Takamichi's is their classmate.

Didn't they have a reunion party last year?

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Saber 8.5

Wtf is this, plot development? Incredible. If only this was on the episodes, instead of rushing the toys so much...

Also, how old is Slash? And why is buster an old man even 15 years ago?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well Rintaro has the infamous "homo-sapien!?" line so I assume some of the swordsmen aren't necessarily human and age differently?

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I know we're only 10 episodes in, but I'm feeling like Saber will be the perfect 7/10 series.
The story's pacing is wack, but the suits are doing enough heavy lifting to get me to overlook that.
I also honestly like the characters. The heroine needs... something to do though.
I really don't want another Rushing Cheetah situation.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
I'm currently making my way through Zero-One. Having a good time (episode 18). I really love the designs and the characters are cool.

I chuckle every time Fuwa has to damn near break his hand to transform. My man be gripping them keys hard.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
This Zaia arc sucks. Like, I get that KR is a kids show and you gotta show off the toys so sometimes the characters gotta be a little dumb so the plot can happen. But it really bothers me that Aruto is going along with this sham of a contest after Gai has repeatedly engaged in a sabotage and even attacked Aruto in the middle of the damn street. This man should be in jail at this point.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This Zaia arc sucks. Like, I get that KR is a kids show and you gotta show off the toys so sometimes the characters gotta be a little dumb so the plot can happen. But it really bothers me that Aruto is going along with this sham of a contest after Gai has repeatedly engaged in a sabotage and even attacked Aruto in the middle of the damn street. This man should be in jail at this point.
Zaia holds all the cards. Gai could have just bought Hiden from the start if he didn't agree with the contest. In fact, they've outright said that was the original idea, but they kept this arc going since the idea of a company president Kamen Rider was unique and they hesitated on dropping it.

Still, this arc pretty much marks the point where the whole "public reactions" aspect of Zero-One becomes completely artificial, with people ignoring obvious stuff done by Gai because then it'd derail the plot/structure the creators wanted, then they will suddenly be relevant again when it's convenient for the story later on.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
The Zaia arc is a major low point but once you get past it there's one of the best final arcs in recent years waiting for you, one that's amazing in spite of covid changing both its structure and content.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I thought it was ridiculous how folks ignored how obviously corrupt Gai was but...

I mean...

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
imgur.com

Who is this?

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

A friend of mine was asking me who this character was. I don't recognise them, image search has failed me, and honestly I am not even sure if they're from a tokusatsu show, but does anyone have any ideas?

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
imgur.com

Who is this?

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

A friend of mine was asking me who this character was. I don't recognise them, image search has failed me, and honestly I am not even sure if they're from a tokusatsu show, but does anyone have any ideas?

That looks very similar to Pacific Rim Uprising's Saber Athena.

Edit: I think it is indeed Saber Athena.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Now Gai is implanting microchips in heads. This dude is evil. Why is everyone just letting him be evil? I hate him. lol

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Saber 10

I know this series is a mess, it throws terms, names and no context plot at you like it should make sense... And sometimes the dialog is pretty much gibberish, but... I kinda like the characters, or at least most of the Riders? The only one I don't care much for is Espada, all the others deserved better. Touma as a character is kinda meh, but at least the actor/directing isn't as bad as some we had.

Slash is still the best thing about this series. And that was the worst hidden plot twist ever. Now they just need to make a plot point that the sword is a Gaisorg like thing that controls the Rider and we have 0 surprises, lol.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
If you like Kamen Rider Rogue, you will like Calibur's powerup

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Saber 10

I know this series is a mess, it throws terms, names and no context plot at you like it should make sense... And sometimes the dialog is pretty much gibberish, but... I kinda like the characters, or at least most of the Riders? The only one I don't care much for is Espada, all the others deserved better. Touma as a character is kinda meh, but at least the actor/directing isn't as bad as some we had.

Slash is still the best thing about this series. And that was the worst hidden plot twist ever. Now they just need to make a plot point that the sword is a Gaisorg like thing that controls the Rider and we have 0 surprises, lol.

Their introduction weren't great, which greatly painted how we feel about them, but the characters themselves are OK. We're not expected to care about ALL of them yet, so most of the Riders being work colleagues who show up from time to time work for me.

merry christmas

I did not expect that lmao.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I liked Rogue until he became a goofball out of nowhere.
I agree the clothing gag was way too much but they toned it down with the t-shirt gag and he ended up being great imo.

Anyway I assume Slayven means how Jaou Dragon has a metal transformation like Rouge did...though it lacks that scream that just makes Rogue's perfection.

Last edited:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seems like the Zero One film is gonna be like 24, 60 minutes of it appear to be done in real time...hence the name RealxTime.

The Saber film on the other hand is twenty minutes lol. Also the trailer kind of reverse spoils something that happened this week lol.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also yo do you consider Blades or Espada the "secondary" Rider?

Blades debuted first and blue seems to be the usual secondary color but I feel like when all is said and done Espada might be the "canon" secondary.

I know people debated for awhile like if Ryugen or Baron was Gaim's secondary, and then with Blade back in the day some considered Chalice the true secondary over Garren. Most of the other series there's not really this debate...maybe Ex-Aid could be argued Brave vs. Snipe...but I feel there's a legit argument to be made here as both Rintaro and Kento about contribute equally, while Rintaro had sort of the mentor role in the first few episodes Kento has history with Touma.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Baron and Garren are still the secondary Riders of their respective series in Toei's eyes, so it's probably still Blades.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Saber 11

Why are the monsters turning folks into fruit-roll-ups?

What the heck was up with Saber this episode, he was oddly ineffectual in his fight for no reason?

Ren continues to really have nothing to do. Also did they tell Ryo about Calibur being the old Saber, or is it a secret between the Riders who were actually there to witness it?

Stuff with Kento and Rintaro was good, really liked the scene with them together. Also Rintaro is apparently an orphan, but I wonder if that's gonna get darker like are the Logos training kid soldiers?

And despite the spoilers when the episode aires I guess the ending is open-ended whether or not it's a death.

Oct 25, 2017
First episode of Marvel's 616 talking about Toei Spider-Man is out

lIgXbNC.png

I love this shit

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Kiramager 32

Holy hell. What an episode. This is probably one of, if not the best Kiramager episode up to now. So much happening, so much contrast. Good silly MotW, with a more serious parallel plot.

And that cliffhanger ending too. This almost feels like that one episode we get post-christmas, that kicks out the final arc.

Oct 25, 2017
SO UH
Yabai Kamen and Rookie had a K-1 match, with the Dogengers OP as entrance theme and everything lmao

Well Rintaro has the infamous "homo-sapien!?" line so I assume some of the swordsmen aren't necessarily human and age differently?
It was supposed to convey how he only knows stuff about the "outside world" through books, something that really hasn't came up after the sweets scene.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Finished Zero-One. All in all I enjoyed it save the Zaia stuff in the middle. The ending was indeed fantastic, though I was left feeling like there were some plot contrivances to get there. I feel like we ended with more arguments against the Humagears than for, and a lot of that definitely comes down to the weak middle section. Still, the show had some fun characters, cool suits, and some surprisingly good music. I dug it.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Made the mistake of watching Saber with my kids every week... and I'll say this, the toy/gimmick works, my son wants them all.

It went from "man this book gimmick on a belt looks super weird" to "man look at all these swords" (he loves swords).

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
The new Saber and Blades new forms looks much better than the standard. Clean.

A new book that opens across all three slots for Saber?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I think the Saber toys are cool...like the Gashats I like when they go the effort making their own versions of famous games/books and the artwork on the toys.

Kind of a shame the gimmick of mixing the books is probably going away now with the upgrades but that's Rider for you...the non-Swordriver riders I guess are there for the additional combos (in fact scans show all three are using different books) but I'm guessing the Wonder Combos are basically dead now lol.

OOOs is really the only show with a mix and match gimmick that really didn't just toss it away.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
The new Saber and Blades new forms looks much better than the standard. Clean.

A new book that opens across all three slots for Saber?

I have to live another year of ridiculously clunky belts now, eh. Cross Z Magma and Grand Zi-O have serious competition.

Made the mistake of watching Saber with my kids every week... and I'll say this, the toy/gimmick works, my son wants them all.

It went from "man this book gimmick on a belt looks super weird" to "man look at all these swords" (he loves swords).

Always love it when kids love Kamen Rider and its toys. Good luck as a parent, though. Be the ultimate parent!