• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
If you are in Latin America, check Prime Video. Sato company uploaded to Prime 10 episodes of Kamen Rider Black with subs in spanish and portuguese.

They also teased on twitter some time ago that they had something related to Zi-O in the works.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad they're giving Rintaro some focus, he just came across as 'tutorial guy" up to this point but I find his actor charming.

But my issue so far is I think every Rider should've got like a two-parter to really introduce them instead of them sharing screentime...I guess they have to work in the toys.

But like this led to Blades sort of just showing Touma the ropes quickly and then kind of disappearing till now (and like off screen he suddenly had a relationship with Mei?), Espada's weird pop in at the beginning of the third episode and then sitting out for two episodes basically, and now we got Kenzan debuting but we're also focusing on Blades again. The summary for next episode has a shit ton of stuff happening apparently and it seems like the pacing is wonky.

And like we barely know much about Logos really.

Buster is probably gonna be the first to die but they actually did him right with a nice little two-parter to introduce him when, really, that should've been used for Espada or Blades.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Kiramai 27

This episode exists to remind everyone that Gekiranger is a treasure with an annoying Red. But yeah, this ep was great. It was nice seeing Miki and Natsume again. Surprised Miki didn't cook up something for the team. Maybe that'll come later on?

Either way, I'm happy that Kiramai and Beast Morphers are doing little cameos and expanding in lore. I hope Power Rangers and Sentai do more of that in the future.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Saber 6

This was a good episode. The cast and story beats are finally really coming together for me. I hope Rintaro's subplot doesn't resolve fully next week. Loved Kenzan's high flying fighting style. I like that we're getting a lot of monster generals. I don't think Rider had them for a while.

I was kinda negative on the series but I've quickly grown to like it. The first episodes are most definitely the weakest parts.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like how Daijinshi went from "who the fuck is that?" in episode 2 to probably the most personable character in the show in this episode.

Also apparently his swordsman form is pink and Hansel and Gretel?

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Touma is a good guy, he even recapped the show for us in the beginning.

But yeah Episode 6 is much better? Kenzan looks pretty irritating but Touma's reactions to him are great. Daishinji is fun, too, though at this point the series has a shitload of regulars.

I'd be happy if most of the series is about Touma researching monsters in his book before defeating them. Sentai and Ultraman has been doing this with Sentai's solution is more focused on character development and Ultraman had a more sci-fi flair.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Saber seems leaning bit too much on the silly side, that finisher with the 3 pigs is...yeah
and mei is still really annoying, tone it down
Kenzan was annoying too but cool
Interestng stuff with Rintaro and Zoous

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Ultraman Z 16

Another good episode, if a bit rushed. Yuka keeps being the best character. The whole emotional moment at the middle was kinda sudden and weird, but the fight being mostly not-watched from her point of view was fun. Very Deus Ex Machina resolution for the first part, but eh, gotta make the plot advance.

Celebro losing the Belial medal was the best thing for the character, lol. Very good salty reaction. Good fights after the transformation too, with the touching moment actually working this time.

That ending too. Z is killing it with the next episode teasers at the end of the episode.

Oct 25, 2017
Am I missing something here lol

unknown.png

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Kiramei 27

Good to see a small, silly reference on Sena's uniform become... a cameo and even canon with Kira, lol. Didn't expect a Gekiranger Tribute episode at all. Can't believe Jan-speak is a thing in 2020.

So, the new powerup was a semi-ball finisher last episode and was a semi-bazooka finisher on this, heh. I like how they are using it. Sena has the worst accuracy of all the Kiramagers by far, heh.

Mach getting jealous at the end was really great. More speaking mecha please!

Please give Arakawa more sentai.

Last edited:

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Kinda interested in Saber now. Desast is cool (helps that he's voiced by Roxas) and his fight with Kenzan was pretty dope. Too bad Kenzan is annoying as hell and REALLY punchable. Like he seems so fake and irritating when he disses people with a smile on his face and his talk about strength got annoying quickly due to his delivery. I liked Rintaro and Zooou's conflict but it seemed to end pretty quickly. I agree that it seems to be going too much on the silly side and Mei is still super annoying.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Kenzan casually tossing a book into a random pile while Touma watches in horror is my favorite moment.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
If you are in Latin America, check Prime Video. Sato company uploaded to Prime 10 episodes of Kamen Rider Black with subs in spanish and portuguese.

They also teased on twitter some time ago that they had something related to Zi-O in the works.

I hadn't seen this before, but yeah, apparently they said earlier this year they were going to license a modern series, so... Zi-O it is!

Wouldn't be my pick, but eh, more Rider is always welcome!

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
CG fight at the end of Saber seemed to be closer to, like, CW cgi than PS2 models so there's that at least.

I still have almost no idea what is happening this series, last episode especially.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
A henshin toy with voice activation, do you think that'd be viable?
TimeRanger tried to have voice commands for the V-Rex and that's part of the worst performing Sentai toyline (even lower than the current numbers, although they're getting dangerously close to that), which is probably why Bandai didn't bother afterwards.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Morphin' Blaster also did a bit of this.
Yeah, I forgot about that. Although Go-Busters is the one series I've seen openly disparaged by Bandai (even though its numbers were seemingly decent compared to recent years), which yet again makes features associated with it unlike to return anytime soon.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I guess I can see issues with that, I was sketching out some toy ideas for fun.

I guess the best workaround would be to have an alternate button way to do the voice commands.

I was watching some toy review of the Saber toys and they're pretty neat, I love the stuff like the Gashats as well with fun artwork and lots of individual noises.

Didn't realize how small the toy sword was.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Hibiki's Armed Saber requires you to speak to its microphone for its finisher. But all of these examples are linked to the worst performing shows lol.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe those colorful stuff are supposed to be candy since Hansel and Gretel?

His design and sound based weapon seems more fitting for the Bremen Wonder Rider Book...which I'm guessing is gonna be used by him like how Kenzan used 3 Pigs

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Weird head area but his body is like chocolate and cookies lol.

That book name though...

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't kept up on Japanese Toku in a while. I really should finish up Zero-One, catch up on Kiramager, and finally start Saber. Who does the best subs for Saber?

I'm here because that new Power Rangers clip show was terrible. They redubbed everybody with voices that sound nothing like the originals. They couldn't use the original audio?

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't kept up on Japanese Toku in a while. I really should finish up Zero-One, catch up on Kiramager, and finally start Saber. Who does the best subs for Saber?

I use Genm Corp's plain subs, they're pretty quick on release so far.

I'm here because that new Power Rangers clip show was terrible. They redubbed everybody with voices that sound nothing like the originals. They couldn't use the original audio?

If I'm not mistaken. I think the rumored reason was that they wanted clean audio for the voices, might've been music rights related.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Oct 25, 2017
I use Genm Corp's plain subs, they're pretty quick on release so far.

If I'm not mistaken. I think the rumored reason was that they wanted clean audio for the voices, might've been music rights related.

Thanks.

That seems like a weird reason. I figured Hasbro would have bought those up too along with the rest of the franchise. Could they not split the audio so we wouldn't have terrible impersonators though? And was it so hard to get Kerrigan Mahan back to play Goldar? His voice for him was iconic. They didn't even try to impersonate him. He might be a union actor, but wouldn't he just use a pseudonym?
Really though, hearing all the generic Neo-Saban/Hasbro music play over the old clips shows how Power Rangers music has just degraded hard. Yeah the butt rock was cheesy, but it was memorable. I figured that the man who made millions on composing music (and billions stealing it from others) would have more pride in good music.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Man the last few eps Saber has felt like a completely different show

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks.

That seems like a weird reason. I figured Hasbro would have bought those up too along with the rest of the franchise. Could they not split the audio so we wouldn't have terrible impersonators though? And was it so hard to get Kerrigan Mahan back to play Goldar? His voice for him was iconic. They didn't even try to impersonate him. He might be a union actor, but wouldn't he just use a pseudonym?
Really though, hearing all the generic Neo-Saban/Hasbro music play over the old clips shows how Power Rangers music has just degraded hard. Yeah the butt rock was cheesy, but it was memorable. I figured that the man who made millions on composing music (and billions stealing it from others) would have more pride in good music.

It really depends, back when Disney had the rights to PR, they did not have the rights to the Saban seasons music either, and most used stock music in place (worst case of not having the rights was Adam being in Once A Ranger and having some attempt at an MMPR theme). Saban kept the music rights and continue making money off that, when Disney was sick of PR, he bought it back for cheap...Overall, Saban doesn't and will never care about the quality of the show, all he ever cared about was the bottom line, quality is like last on his list of priorities.

As for Kerrigan, who knows, I can't think of any voice actor coming back for the show when the series moved to NZ. It's either they don't care and figure NZ talent is fine, or the risks/rules for voice actor unions (assuming he is in one, though I don't think Battle for the Grid is a union project) are not worth the effort as opposed to most onscreen PR alumni who have other jobs to fall back on.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Why are they surprised Calibur betrayed them when he uses wicked dragon as his wonder ride book?
Technically Brave Dragon is said to be a beast that destroys the world, so it's not like the books they use need to be about heroic characters. Although it's convenient the one basically called evil dragon is the traitor.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Going from Yua Yaiba, a competent engineer/captain/Kamen Rider of AIMS to two female characters, one screaming her entire screentime and the other being nothing but exposition dumper so far is jarring. Every other aspect of Saber is fine to me but the state of its female characters now is just ouch.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Isn't there doubt if Calibur now is actually Espada's dad?
Yeah, the fact they're hiding his face and he hasn't acknowledged Espada's words point to it being someone else in the present. Calibur is also supposed to get a fairly early upgrade, I think that will come alongside the identity reveal, with the new suit being associated with Calibur's current user, replacing this look that's tied to Espada's dad.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's was a cool episode of Saber...I still think things are going too fast, and there's some goofy elements like...whatever that CG thing was at the end...but I enjoyed it.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Ultraman Z 17

I didn't expect that intro from the last episode's ending. What a great episode.

One of the last things I expected from Ultra was Gokaiger callbacks, but here we are, lol.