• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he's gone by the halfway point at the very latest. Christmas surprise maybe.

That is one of the aspects of Saber that's got me pretty excited for much the same reasons as Kiramager: If they can make this show escalate/get serious effectively it'll be fucking great. If it doesn't go well, the wheels will come off like Ghost post-Alain.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Yeah Saber just not feeling it
It feels too out there, relying too much on cgi and characters/dialogue feel corny and leaning in too silly
Mei is still annoying

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Oh, I didn't post my impressions here this week, but... Kiramager stays winning. New character looks awesome, and next episode we'll get a team powerup!

Saber... I feel this is going to be another of those meh-ish seasons. Hopefully I'm wrong, but the writting on those first episodes was messy as hell - elements being introduced too soon, then dropped to be explained later, characters that show up and do nothing for a while. There is some good in it, tho, so hopefully it's not Ghost level bad.

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't expect big changes until first quarter ends, but who knows, maybe from ep7 onward things get better since all Riders will have been introduced.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Legit shaken by the realization that REAL×EYEZ without vocals is just a Sonic Adventure 2 track.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Kamen Rider Saber 4

This was probably the most enjoyable episode so far. Tinkerbell was not what I was expecting, haha. I do hope that the pacing slows way down after they finish introducing all of the Riders, feels like it's trying to do way too much right now.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Lol everything about the Memory of Heroez opening screams "We really just wanted to do a W game", yeah.

Haven't seen Saber 4 yet, but Reika Saiki was cool and it was neat how power-wise it circles back to the OoT-style fairy on Saber Peter's chain.

Scans of the new magazines are also floating around.

Kenzan looks... alright. I like the speedy guy schtick with the two swords that become a shuriken, but armor almost feels like it's missing something.

Great Full Phoenix isn't bad and it's interesting how it's tying into Ordain. I was expecting something mostly standalone given how Kira's mecha has gone, plus having to factor in the gems (not to mention GFF having basically been confirmed by leaks for awhile now), but otherwise Kira's lack of clusterfuck gattais would have made it a good opportunity for an actual 5-part combiner final robo. Kinda wild that Nininger's the only one of those that we've gotten in forever

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Speaking of Sentai anyone else wish this was a real Sentai:

featherman_by_the4thsnake_dda5oeu-fullview.png

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Speaking of Sentai anyone else wish this was a real Sentai:

featherman_by_the4thsnake_dda5oeu-fullview.png

Featherman is a pretty thinly disguised Jetman reference though.
Just look at the title of the final episode given in Persona 3...
Fly, Phoenix! A marriage between Hawk and Swan! And as for Condor...

It'd be like if Jetman were so big that rather than "Sentai" in general they just made more Jetman seasons over and over (Neo Featherman and Featherman Victory are the two sequel series they've mentioned by name which have stuff like a green ranger).

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Yeah, it all started with Persona 2, where it made sense to use Jetman in context...

There is a live suit they use for live shows, and it looks good! I couldn't find it here right now...

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Been watching the Ultraman Zero movies and web series lately. I like Ultimate Force Zero a lot; they should have their own show!

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Ultraman Z 15

Juggler transforming and aiding them was nice! And Z not getting the Geed medal before kinda makes some sense now. Between last episode and this one, I'm sure at least half of Japan's urban areas were destroyed by extra-dimensional monsters. Love the new Evil Dad sword, good way to explain why he won't be used every time to just solve the situation, too.

Now that was an interesting way to introduce the hero to the villain. Really curious about what'll happen.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Ultraman Z 15

I'd seen several older Belial stories recently, so hey, great timing! This shot cracked me up:

iqr84FV.png

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Kiramai 26

That's... a good lesson for a japanese show? Instead of BREAK ALL YOUR LIMITS, "Do the best you can but don't break yourself"? Whoa.

Yodonna is great. I really missed face villains and she's perfect for the role, with the semi-uncomfortable way she acts. It really feels alien.

A team powerup is also something I've been waiting for a long time. It works so well, and that finisher was so fun. Kinda like a ball finisher but with a bow.

NEXT EPISODE, GEKIRANGER TIME

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Cool video that hit my recommendations. An epic medley of remixed jingles of various Rider belts and toys.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Kamen Rider Saber 5

All right, the pacing here was a little better, although it still feels a little too fast for my liking. Still, it was nice to get a little more into these characters' heads and get more interactions between all of them (along with getting an actual introduction for the blacksmith).

Desast is turning out to be a much funner villain than I thought he'd be. Hope he sticks around for a while yet!

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mei wanting to be part of Logos felt kind of sudden.

Also I saw it pointed out but her and Blades were wet or something when Desast showed up for like no reason. Maybe the idea was those magic bubbles got them wet but that makes me wonder if that was a cut scene.

Oct 25, 2017
So, looks like the bowling/bomber marrskman is a big reference:
Introduces himself as the Unbeautiful(utsukushinaki) Challenger as a reference to this drama (https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/美しきチャレンジャー) , a bowling drama made during the bowling boom back in Showa

Calls himself Sawayaka (Fresh) Bakudan Jamen, just like the bowler Nakayama Ritsuko (her title is Sawayaka Ritsuko) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ritsuko_Nakayama), who made a cameo in the drama above.
On August 21, 1970, Nakayama rolled a perfect 300 game on Japanese national television, becoming the first woman ever to perform the feat in any television market. (It took nearly 27 years before Michelle Feldman rolled the first American television 300-game in 1997.)

Because of her 300-game, Nakayama became very famous in Japan, and would eventually boost the sport of bowling. In 1970, she appeared in a shampoo commercial, and also had a song written about her, titled Sawayaka Ritsuko-san (さわやか律子さん).

In 1971, TBS aired the Japanese television drama Beautiful Challenger, the storyline covering an office lady who joins the company bowling club and competes with other clubs. Both Nakayama, as well as Rie Ishii appeared in the drama series as themselves.

Last edited:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I remember something pre-release saying Saber would have atleast ten Riders, or did I imagine that?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay, looking forward to the others...guess since Buster is Legendary Animal and Kenzan is Fairy Tale, our next single book Rider will be regular Animal. I can see Ice as the next element.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder when Luna shows up, it turns out that she's a rider as well, but then again Kento would've said something if she was.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest I stopped shortly after unicorn horn mode (like mid-30s), and my memory is a little shot about that area, wouldn't surprise me with Ghost being such a huge misfire...but there seems to a lot of issues with Ghost that aren't showing up in Saber...yet. As I've said, they're only getting a second shot out of courtesy. but I can understand the apprehensive feeling towards Saber doing anything, especially with female riders and their poor record overall.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Here is an excellent fan film (styled like a trailer) for Juspion, made by a fan from Brazil. Really love the way it looks.

It has english subtitles.

Power Shot

Oct 27, 2017
Who didn't forget about Pink Necrom? It's literally only one quick scene. They may have as well not wasted the budget making the coat and the visor.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Ultraman Z 16

Holy moly, that was sad. You will believe a kaiju can cry...

Excited for next episode. The central conflict there is one that didn't even occur to me, but makes perfect sense.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Who didn't forget about Pink Necrom? It's literally only one quick scene. They may have as well not wasted the budget making the coat and the visor.

Dark Necrom Pink was just them teasing the other Dark Necrom that would be seen in then upcoming summer Ghost movie.

Really unfortunate that it ended up just making Alia job in a one-and-done fight scene.