• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Saw the pictures on r/kamenrider of the whole Zero-One cast with their flowers, meaning filming is done. The next four weeks are going to be intense, I really hope they can stick the landing

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The best of YT recommended videos are the ones with Toku dances :v

Also, is it I or Kirameiger dancing is the most danceable of them all? 🤔 Despite original Kyuranger being my favorite

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Ultraman Z 8
Somehow this show keeps getting better. Awesome new form, awesome monster, interesting development with Juggler, and some of the best regular stunt work I've seen in a while.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, Zero one is going to have a hell of a climax

Ark One is Aruto that embraces Ark willfully

Shadow Walker

Oct 27, 2017
Havent seen a sentai show in a long time. The last one i watched was go busters. Is Sentai Kiramager worth checking out?

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm catching up on zero one. Gai doesn't deserve any sort of redemption. That said, the best thing to come out of this are those moments where the dog was praising aruto and Gai. I need someone to gif that.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Ultraman Z - 08

I was going to say it's kinda funny they did get Sakamoto for *this* episode, and not the Geed episodes, but apparently he did direct those too. I guess this is the episode where they let him put his kind of fanservice, keep it isolated. And Ultraman action is good enough - and directors are trying some of the things Sakamoto does on the action scenes a bit more - that I just didn't notice, I guess.

And holy hell, that finisher. Killing the monster from the inside is kinda brutal.

01 - 42

HOLY SHIT. Not cool, Horobi.

What a great twist. I was kinda afraid, with the writer's history, that Ark was going to get repetitive, but... Hell. This has potential to be one of the best Rider final arcs.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, 01 with that swerve. Show has been firing on all cylinders since it came back from hiatus, really excited for these last few eps.

Havent seen a sentai show in a long time. The last one i watched was go busters. Is Sentai Kiramager worth checking out?

I look forward to it every week! I haven't been able to stick with a live sentai until now and I have been trying since every post Kyoryu show. It's got a great cast and the show really knows how to use them.

Shadow Walker

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, 01 with that swerve. Show has been firing on all cylinders since it came back from hiatus, really excited for these last few eps.

I look forward to it every week! I haven't been able to stick with a live sentai until now and I have been trying since every post Kyoryu show. It's got a great cast and the show really knows how to use them.
Thanks I'll give it a shot tonight. I do like Sentai but the last few just haven't clicked.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I swear I'm missing something. Where did this evil Izu come from? Why are we acting like she's been here the whole time? Was she in one of those covid specials?

Also, is it Izu or Is?

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Azu was a character in the clip show episodes.

My main issue is I largely get the point, but they didn't really lay the road down ahead of time. Yotagaki Williamson came out of nowhere. And they set up original humagear not having backups, but they broke that by bringing back Hakase Bot, so... just build a new Izu?

It definitely feels like there were probably a few episodes of setup that were cut due to COVID.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Azu was a character in the clip show episodes.

My main issue is I largely get the point, but they didn't really lay the road down ahead of time. Yotagaki Williamson came out of nowhere. And they set up original humagear not having backups, but they broke that by bringing back Hakase Bot, so... just build a new Izu?

It definitely feels like there were probably a few episodes of setup that were cut due to COVID.
Ah, yeah I skipped the clip shows. Guess I'll go back to them. Thanks!

As for reviving Izu, I assume they're not just jumping to that because there was no way to backup the version with her singularity and Zea intact.

Really wish we had more time with Azu though. Damn covid ruining everything.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yotagaki Williamson feels like one of those movie villains who pop up in the main show for a few episodes.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

It's not "original humagears", it's humagears with direct access to Zea (so, Izu and her "brother" are the only ones without backups).

Ah, yeah I skipped the clip shows. Guess I'll go back to them. Thanks!

Yeah, Azu is specifically in the two presidential specials and then 35.5. You can completely skip the three recaps between those.

Oct 25, 2017
Great twist that was set up well. Only things I disliked in the episode was the Izu blinking sound right as she was being attacked and Horobi acting like a moody teenager when Jim asks why he did what he did.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Also I'll ask again but what happened to the robot dog?

I'd guess Sony license issues. They already got two episodes to market it, and if they wanted to feature it more Toei would actually need to pay them. It's notable it's not even showing up standing in the background or anything.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Kiramai 18

Huh, it's interesting that they made a new darker suit, helmet with eyes and transformation device for Evil Silver. Wonder if that'll be used in the future.

Also, interesting. Wonder for what the other three stones will be used.

Next episode is going to be a fun one, heh.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I'd guess Sony license issues. They already got two episodes to market it, and if they wanted to feature it more Toei would actually need to pay them. It's notable it's not even showing up standing in the background or anything.

Don't deny me the final battle of my dreams.

20200718232137.png

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I do hope one day we learn about what changed about Zero One and other shows due to Covid.

I'm wondering how Saber will turn out honestly with covid still such a mystery. How's Japan doing now anyway with it? Going down again?

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Kiramager 18
Good drama, guessing the remaining stones will drive the plot for at least a decent while, especially if they're either spaced out a little or some are possibly multi-part episodes. Also nice to see that Silver's condition is "stable" now. Seeing King Express again makes me think Garza is bound to turn face at some point, having a whole mecha that only exists when they can hijack parts from him doesn't quite make sense to me.

Zero-One 42
The big moment was a gut punch, but it was delivered in a way that makes me think there's something more behind it. Feels like a very transparent allusion to Infinity War in some ways, like the current tragic course of events is the only outcome that's not totally disastrous so certain things had to happen.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Kiramager 18
Good drama, guessing the remaining stones will drive the plot for at least a decent while, especially if they're either spaced out a little or some are possibly multi-part episodes. Also nice to see that Silver's condition is "stable" now. Seeing King Express again makes me think Garza is bound to turn face at some point, having a whole mecha that only exists when they can hijack parts from him doesn't quite make sense to me.
Next mecha is a shark train that Express can combine with instead of Smog Jouki
I do hope one day we learn about what changed about Zero One and other shows due to Covid.

I'm wondering how Saber will turn out honestly with covid still such a mystery. How's Japan doing now anyway with it? Going down again?
I doubt we'll ever know for sure.

Zero-One is probably mostly a question of what lead up got cut besides likely speedrunning Gai's "redemption". Beyond that, it's unlikely that the endgame has been affected much. Probably just being able to see the Zero-Two suit a little bit more. The toy release of Ark-One stuff relative to Zero-Two was similar to the spacing within the series.

Kiramager probably hasn't "lost" anything material beyond a couple character focus/non-plot episodes from the back half of the series which probably didn't even exist in idea form yet. The major changes seem to involve how exactly how the monster darkness gimmicks are being utilized in order to account for using far less extras, no crowds, etc. But now we got Juuru in a classroom with numerous young kids next ep so who knows how far-reaching some of that will even be now.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Kids aren't effected by Covid, so let's have more scenes with groups of kids" 😬

Hopefully that's not the logic at play.

OP
OP
DioMuller

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Ultraman Z 09

I see they are ramping up on the toys front. Two new medal sets in two episodes!

And holy heck, location shots. I'm so used to Toei's cheapness, it does feel like it's been a long time since something like that. The (somewhat bad lol) CG also helped to reduce the costs with that for Tsuburaya.

That episode was awesome! Felt like a modern take on a 60s sci-fi movie at times, and the fight was really cool.