• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
My mum just told me that staff at her work have had to take tissues to the public toilets at the shopping center the bank branch is in because people are stealing it faster than the cleaners can restock it

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
It's not just Australia sadly, toilet paper in London is also very scarce. The local Lidl has completely run out of that AND napkins. Meanwhile right to the next aisle there's plenty of tissue paper left which you'd think would be the most logical choice of shoppers for a flu-like disease. But no... the most important thing is toilet paper.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Can't help but be reminded that when you run out of toilet paper, you can always use other sources of paper. lol.
latest

On a more serious note, it's really illogical it's happening even where I live as well when we make our own Toilet paper and we're a small country.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
God I hope I'm not alive when an actual virus healthy people need to worry about hits. Feels like we are on the edge of anarchy already and it's flu.

People be crazy....

Teuthex

May 31, 2019
Australia has an electoral system that is fairer, better run and more representative than anything Americans could hope for, and we still elected Scott Morrison. We are collectively a nation of ignorant and easily frightened morons.

What also doesn't help is that I think out useless PM's "this is fine.jpg" response to the fires has severely damaged the general public's already low faith in our government to be honest and proactive in a crisis, so pleas to stay calm fall on deaf ears.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The whole episode has really shaken me because it reveals dangerously low levels of critical thinking and faith in society in the public and the poisonous hysteria of the for-profit media. The media and people actually created a problem out of thin air. There's no reason for a shortage except people worry there will be one and so create a shortage through panic buying. It's not serious because everything currently scarce is a luxury (except possibly hand sanitizer). What happens when it's a necessity like potable water or insulin? Something that could be managed but everyone panics like this and fucks it all up. Ugh.

Although, I have to admit, Australia electing Scott Morrison finally killed my faith in society.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I remember when there was a thread about the mental health of this community that got locked. But this thread about a CRISIS of PANIC BUYING because of a VIRUS is still going strong. Along with threads about DOOMED bananas and CANCELLED events...

Makes you think.

Oct 28, 2017
Its happening here in Scotland. Shops are completely out of shit tickets, amongst other stupid things like frozen foods. If there were ever a pandemic situation, what the fuck are you thinking buying frozen foods? Power goes out and you might as well begin eating your toilet paper.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
can't you guys wash your ass with water if the paper is not available? toilet paper is not essential, folks.

Oct 27, 2017
This is actually really annoying right now because you have to become one of the crazies trying to track down fucking toilet paper, nappies and baby wipes because if you don't you just won't get any. Stupid.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I swear the shortages caused by the social media panic storm will end up causing a tonne of damage too if we continue down this route. Social media is a fucking poison

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I swear the shortages caused by the social media panic storm will end up causing a tonne of damage too if we continue down this route. Social media is a fucking poison
There was always panic buy moments in countries before social media really took off, but the level of panic and hysteria social media has created will wreck our society eventually.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
If u r quarantined at home, you can always take a short shower.

Have you consider a time before toilet paper were invented... shocking i know.
I'm not quarantined though, I'm just a regular person trying to find toilet paper for my elderly mother, who struggles to have the mobility for one shower a day, let alone 6.

Maybe I'll tell her to just sit in her own filth like they did in the "good ol' days", use a dirty rag or something.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Fuck it's embarrassing to be Australian sometimes. Absolutely insane. Can't imagine the depths we'll sink to if/when things get worse.

I need another pack and I'm dreading heading to the shops later.

It's not just Australia though.

I'm in CA and Costco is out of toilet paper, wipes, and has a strict limit on bottled water. The local Japanese market is out of rice and probably other stuff (just the rice is near the checkout and is super noticeable).

To make matters worse, I think especially those like Costco with a liberal return policy will just get a metric ton of returns after the panic passes.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's not just what I went to a home bargains after work today in london and the entire hand soap and toilet paper sections were sold out.

Solary

Banned
Nov 20, 2019
Bottle filled with tap water, one hand pour on your shitty ass, other hand wash away. Do at least 3 times and your cleaner than you would have ever been using toilet paper.

dry clean ass using what ever means you have, hair dryer, a rag whatever

wash hand using soap

The Hiveking

Oct 27, 2017
Do not, my friends, become addicted to toilet paper. It will take hold of you and you will resent its absence.

Oxyrain

Oct 25, 2017
I hope supplies return to normal soon. I use public transport for my shopping and only buy the smaller packs so I can manage them on the bus; so my reserves at any given time aren't that big.

A Grizzly Bear

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Went to pick up a few things from the grocery store today and the toilet paper was pretty much gone. I live in Alberta Canada. We have 2 cases. This is so stupid.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As others have noted, this isn't just Australia.

Americans indeed go to stores and cause stores to completely run out of their entire inventory of toilet paper when there's even a slight hint at something that might keep people indoors for a prolonged period of time.

In Baltimore, MD where I live, during winter, if there was a forecast of snow broadcasted on the local news, people would be out at stores with cartloads of bread, eggs, milk and toilet paper. I used to work at a supermarket and everytime snow was forecasted, people would pack into the supermarket and cause the entire inventory of bread, milk, eggs and toilet paper to be completely sold out.

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Went to pick up a few things from the grocery store today and the toilet paper was pretty much gone. I live in Alberta Canada. We have 2 cases. This is so stupid.

Yup, Costco here in Calgary has been quickly selling out each morning too. Fortunately the smaller grocery store I went to was still ok.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Lmfao I'm in tears. The ULTIMATE shit boy kit. That's a lot of asses? To feed...
Yea if you catch the virus, that ass wont be shitting any more. I dont get this ridiculous thing.

"Oh no the apocalypse is coming. Radiation is spreading and viruses are mystetiously spreading everywhere...Get the toilet paper!!!"

If you are going to the toilet 4x a day, you have serious health issues. I live with 3 people at home. I'm the 4th one. We have been sharing a single 24 roll pack for the past 6+ months or more. Why do these people need some many packs? Are they expecting to bunker down for the next 5 years?

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Happening here in Whole Foods as well. They have been clearing us out since last week and everyone keeps asking us on when toilet paper among other things will come back.

benru

Feb 7, 2018
Even if there's shortage why don't people jump in the shower and clean up? Like... i seriously don't get it. It's like the human race is incapable of thinking outside or their own miniscule little box.