• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

for those wondering the Climax is at 8:02

but the real fire is 8:54

Last edited:

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Awesome that they started from the worst era ... now give me the best era =P

Also, you linked the same video twice ?

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that they didn't include the second OPs for Blade and Hibiki.

Nice to have these creditless and high quality on YouTube.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
oh
it is giving me unavaliable for embedded and when i click the title to go to youtube the time stamp don't work =/

I don't know why youtube can't provide a link to the video when it's unavailable to be embedded.

So when are they actually going to bring something like Saber out here? Not that I don't love Kuuga and OG on Tokushoutsu but I'd love to hear something.

Oct 25, 2017
I meant Saber, sorry. That whole reuse of Blade throws me off for some reason. I got to the end and Saber isn't even on there (the opening nor the ending).

This is making me want to rewatch stuff like Kabuto, though.

Ah gotcha.

I had hoped that with the start of the Reiwa era and Zero-One, we'd finally get simulcast subs for Kamen Rider. But not this time I guess. I mean if Precure can get them, surely Rider can right?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Ah gotcha.

I had hoped that with the start of the Reiwa era and Zero-One, we'd finally get simulcast subs for Kamen Rider. But not this time I guess. I mean if Precure can get them, surely Rider can right?

Heck, you'd think Ultraman getting simulcast would put some pressure on them. But I am amazed they subbed stuff like Robocon. Are they just hoping for a bigger payday with the recent stuff or something?

Heck, license it to Netflix or Amazon and sell some toys.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ryuki and Faiz's opening are godly. The cinematography was insane for a live-action children's show. Your favorite anime can never.

Blade's 1st OP is just pure meme material. Never can get enough of Tachibana's flying kicks and Mutsuki's fedora tipping.

Special shout-out to Ex-Aid changing up the OP as the main cast and story arcs shifted.

I'm really glad they uploaded these without credits. Time to make some gifs.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Ryuki and Faiz's opening are godly. The cinematography was insane for a live-action children's show. Your favorite anime can never.

Blade's 1st OP is just pure meme material. Never can get enough of Tachibana's flying kicks and Mutsuki's fedora tipping.

Special shout-out to Ex-Aid changing up the OP as the main cast and story arcs shifted.

I'm really glad they uploaded these without credits. Time to make some gifs.

Don't most of the later series change up the OP, especially as new forms come out? Some of the initial ones like Faiz mainly change the clips they show in the opening, but I know Drive for instance changes when new forms came out (just finished watching it with the kids). And then when they're advertising a movie they have movie clips.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Don't most of the later series change up the OP, especially as new forms come out? Some of the initial ones like Faiz mainly change the clips they show in the opening, but I know Drive for instance changes when new forms came out (just finished watching it with the kids). And then when they're advertising a movie they have movie clips.

Changing up the OP to show whowing off new forms or riders happened even all the way in Kuuga. What Ex-Aid did a lot more than in its predecessors and successors was showcase new villains and riders on the OP or even the current status of the various characters with a level of consistency and frequency no other series has matched. We're talking about taking out a character from the OP the week after they die or are out of the picture.

Its preceding and succeeding series, Ghost and Build, did this too but not to the extent Ex-Aid did.

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
Kuuga: Great song, great direction. NO FEAR, NO PAIN.
Agito: Why did they get a high school film class to make this in Windows Movie Maker?
Ryuki: Anime as heck, you just can't hate it.
Faiz: Also anime as heck, but now with a banger of a song. Top-tier.
Blade: "You know what our studio music video needs? Some random shots of motorcycles on a beach."
Hibiki: Oh yeah, this exists. "Let's make the music season's OP the least memorable song possible!"
Kabuto: Back to anime-tastic, wacky visuals and high-tension song? Yes please.
Den-O: Pretty sure someone dropped a Super Sentai OP in the Kamen Rider pile by mistake.
Kiva: How many shirtless shots can we fit in one opening? The answer will shock you!
Decade: Great song. Visuals are super on-the-nose, but c'mon, it works. Probably the best one if I'm judging honestly instead of jokingly.
W: WELP NEVER MIND W IS THE BEST. Man, I should re-watch W.
OOO: This is kind of unfair, OOO music carries so hard. The OP, every single insert song, they all rule.
Fourze: I can still sing the whole song, so that counts for something! Decade through Fourze was a heck of a streak, huh?
Wizard: This sure is a great OP for a show that never got made. Shame, that.
Gaim: Should've had the whole thing be just dancing, tbh. Feels like a waste.
Drive: Awfully corny, but I'll take it over...
Ghost: ...This. Please stop wasting all the best Rider designs, Toei!
Ex-Aid: The combination of a maximum stylish OP and a maximum garish Rider... I'm crying, here!
Build: Maybe I should watch Build... If it's half as good as this OP, it'd definitely be worth it. Nothing to complain about here.
Zi-O: I never got around to watching this one either. Looks quite promising!

That was fun.
In summary, Faiz is the best and everyone who hasn't watched Faiz should play JustiFaiz on loop until they decide to watch Faiz.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
I have a fondness for W-Fourze. It was a good time for Kamen Rider to me. Great OPs, great shows.

Build: Maybe I should watch Build... If it's half as good as this OP, it'd definitely be worth it. Nothing to complain about here.
Zi-O: I never got around to watching this one either. Looks quite promising!

Build is pretty good, I enjoyed it. Zi-O is...kinda crazy. It also has the most ridiculous transformation yet.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Upset there's no KOKORO NO TSURUGI, KAGAYAKU YUKI though...

(That's Blade's second opening...

Also while typing that it pisses me off that Blade's and Blades' now refer to two different characters)

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Changing up the OP to show whowing off new forms or riders happened even all the way in Kuuga. What Ex-Aid did a lot more than in its predecessors and successors was showcase new villains and riders on the OP or even the current status of the various characters with a level of consistency and frequency no other series has matched. We're talking about taking out a character from the OP the week after they die or are out of the picture.

Its preceding and succeeding series, Ghost and Build, did this too but not to the extent Ex-Aid did.

It's funny, the kids and I went back to Ex Aid and I kept an eye out to see what the opening changes were like, and we were in a stretch of like two or three episodes where they just skipped the opening completely...