• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
That could mean anything. Like lots of expansions, a long game, or just them wanting another skyrim.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
This thread is full of people trying to be witty and snarky.

However, hes right. Hell, Morrowind is installed perminanlty on my XBOX and all of my PCs. I regularly play it. That game is nearing 20 years old.

Skyrim and Skyrim in VR are great experiences even today. And even Oblivion has playability.

TES with modernized next gen tech, will likely be a game we play for many many years. It may be fun to hate on him, but Todd is a great guy.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao
Todd needs to bring it down some. I know its all salesmanship, but people arent going to be as easily trusting after the fallout fiascos.
In the eyes of fanboys, all is forgiven and will be forgiven.

Just take a look at some of the replies.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Won't be playing games made by clunky engines a decade later.
It's not the engine. It' the programmers programming for it and then mashing a perfectly good physics engine into it that doesn't seem to play well with the creation engine. I've seen a few videos that explain it better than I can. But this is all Bethesda failure to develop on it well.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
That means it has to be atleast as good as Skyrim. But they're just gonna be trying to make it into a GAAS we all know.

Raven777

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol 5 years minimum? They have share holders to please, we'll see it within 5 years, probably 3-4.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Todd Howard is sort of a conman like Randy Pitchford is.
Imagine putting Todd on the same level as Randy. Please stop drinking that meme koolaid.

I know it's cool to hate on BGS now with the release of Fallout 76 but this thread and other BGS threads on here are fucking unbearable with the same snarky, unoriginal copy+paste takes.

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
uhh why don't you just look at Skyrim as an example, instead of FO76?

he's kinda right in that Skyrim would be close to 10 years
I'm talking about recent comments and i didn't care for Skyrim. Plus they were making it pretty difficult for a bit there with Skyrim even then with the mod community. So...

May 1, 2018
It won't even come out for a decade at least. And STILL be full of bugs and glitches. And BGS won't give a shit cause they'll have our money already anyway.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
Ok Todd...
Just concentrate on making a good game and people will play it for decades.

But if you're talking about that "radiant quest" crap, then please stop.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Todd says a lot of things. I guess we will see what happens. If they lock this behind Bethesda launcher with their shitty mod system and make people pay for those, then good luck.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Who the fuck would want to play the same game for a decade? I get bored with most games after like a week and a half.

And Bethesda's games don't even have the benefit of good gameplay or good storytelling to buoy them. Christ.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Either he's referring to mods etc, or it means it'll be a heavily GaaS of sorts, with a constant long term flow of microtransactions, DLC, content, grinding etc. I'm certainly not optimistic. I get bored of the Elder Scrolls games in less than 30-40 hours, let alone a decade lol.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is full of people trying to be witty and snarky.

However, hes right. Hell, Morrowind is installed perminanlty on my XBOX and all of my PCs. I regularly play it. That game is nearing 20 years old.

Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls titles didn't click with me but I agree... this is a weird take. The Switch got a port 6 years later and from what I gather, it sold well. Like they do seem to have longevity and legs.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People talking about how mods extend the life of the game like it's a bad thing.

You all realize that's a selling point and something Bethesda encourages right? And with consoles supporting mods now everyone can get in on the fun (sorry Switch).

Phreak47

Oct 27, 2017
*steps up to mic* *ahem* *twinge of mic feedback*

You'll be an Elder by the time you finish playing.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
An online service has to be added to this game, and you can bet it will ruin the mod scene.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
People talking about how mods extend the life of the game like it's a bad thing.

You all realize that's a selling point and something Bethesda encourages right? And with consoles supporting mods now everyone can get in on the fun (sorry Switch).
They are also the first ones who cry when mods aren't supported or when gaas is chosen over single player games. This thread has everything I hate about people: cynicism and negativity.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread should be the go to example when people talk about how out of touch Era can be sometimes.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
imagej0u3a.gif