• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
pathogen_resistance.png

One of my favorite comics of theirs in recent times. Pasta me if old.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good alt text too: "We're not trapped in here with the coronavirus. The coronavirus is trapped in here with us."

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
This is good. I like this.

I also like that no one else likes the veggie spaghetti my local grocery store had, because it was all they had left over the weekend and if I didn't love it I'd be sad.

Relic

Oct 28, 2017
This is the most normie, chicken soup for the soul bullshit. A low point for XKCD.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Eh. The concept is funny and inspiring, execution was too long-winded.

Also, this is a nitpick, but that's a bacteriophage virus. They don't attack human cells.

This is the most normie, chicken soup for the soul bullshit. A low point for XKCD.
...Why is it that every time I see the word "normie", it makes my skin crawl?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of the vaguely self-impressed tone of xkcd in general, and I think it works for me even less when applied to a straightforward message of optimism. I'm not going to think less of anyone who appreciated it, though; I know I'm an internet outlier for disliking xkcd.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Am I out of the loop? Is pasta big right now? I knew rice, and water, and soup and shit were flying off the shelves, but I didn't think pasta was going faster than others. Granted, I haven't been to the grocery store in a couple weeks.

Or am I overthinking it and it's just an example of something people can easily make at home?

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Am I out of the loop? Is pasta big right now? I knew rice, and water, and soup and shit were flying off the shelves, but I didn't think pasta was going faster than others. Granted, I haven't been to the grocery store in a couple weeks.

Or am I overthinking it and it's just an example of something people can easily make at home?

Both.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I've never heard "___ is a balm" before.

Pasta is a shelf stable food, so people can buy lots of it and keep it for a long while. So it's usually out at most grocery stores.