• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
It's really cute and fun! I didn't beat it but I played for a good 30 or so minutes. Seems to be pretty beefy in size and content. I played on mobile and the touch controls were decent (as far as touch controls go...).

I mastered table tennis and skateboarding! Marathon was hard so I came in second. Rugby was pretty cool but my fingers were hurting at that point so I had to stop. All in all I think there are 7 games in total.

Oh yeah and there's cute animated cutscenes too!

Overall, this is up there with the best interactive Doodles that Google has done! Give it a go and tell me what you think!

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
b6c.gif

Jetsun Mila

Apr 7, 2021
Took me quite some time to talk with the guys at the start of the game. The controls get really wonky with a generic controller attached. Otherwise works really well and looks nice

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Team Fox represent! I wonder why Crow is so ahead in the leader boards.
There are 22 different tasks (trophies) to get in this game it seems. That's a lot of content.

Flygon

Oct 28, 2017
I see they're taking cues from the Reserve Bank of Australia's method of commissioning Olympics mascots.

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, they put a lot of effort into this, especially with all those cutscenes. Game itself is a bit simple but quite fun.

Hexa

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or is the running game (with the crabs) way harder than all the others?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
It's like the theme is one note off of copying the Hamtaro theme haha

Hexa

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the main quest and a couple of the side quests. Are the side quests all just fetch quests? If so I think I'm done.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
Got all the scrolls and was treated to a nice animated cutscene, my favourite games were the mountain climbing, and skateboarding

Birdseeding

Mar 13, 2018
Fun so far! Seems a little simplistic in terms of gameplay compared to the GOAT 2016 doodle Fruit Games, but the visual presentation more than makes up for it.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Played this earlier; pretty neat little game. Ended up getting all the trophies because fast travel made the fetch quests somewhat reasonable. The animated sequences were cute.

Couldn't find the more difficult versions of archery or rugby though (if they even exist; since all the other sports had one or two extra stages).

I see they're taking cues from the Reserve Bank of Australia's method of commissioning Olympics mascots.
You're not wrong, lol.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Why Google's have to put the channel's logo and playlist covering the animation, for 1/3 of the video length?

MR2ZBSP.png

I know it happens a lot, and maybe this is not the best place to complain, but.... I wanted to express my annoyance.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or is the running game (with the crabs) way harder than all the others?

It's quite challenging on mobile with the clunky touch controls but I finished first on my first try with keyboard.

Table tennis and rugby were the games I enjoyed the most. The animated sequences are lovely.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
For a free web game, I'm fairly impressed. Even as someone that isn't a big JRPG fan, it was neat to see the influence.
They even let you remap buttons on a gamepad, which I find hilarious considering some big retail titles on PC don't let you do this.

JTDailyUpdate

Nov 1, 2017
For a free web game, I'm fairly impressed. Even as someone that isn't a big JRPG fan, it was neat to see the influence.
They even let you remap buttons on a gamepad, which I find hilarious considering some big retail titles on PC don't let you do this.

Saw in this Engagaget article, that Google collaborated with Studio 4 °C for the doodle, might explain the controller support.

Last edited:

The Dink

Oct 28, 2017
The second marathon on the secret beach is uh...kind of hard.

This game has more exploration elements than you'd think from a sports minigame collaboration.

Birdseeding

Mar 13, 2018
Just got all the trophies - is there anything else left in the game? I still haven't finished the hardest versions of the Marathon, Artistic Swimming and Climbing.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I played for about half an hour as well and loved it. Got 2 scrolls, explored a lot, and finished some side quests but still had some going that I couldn't figure out when playing. I'll return to it later and try again. Hope I can do marathon again cause I felt like I picked out when I got first place on the second try.

I really wish this was something standalone and expanded on into something just a bit more robust with a menu system, inventory, quest log, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason, I'm not able to get the trophy for awakening Fukoro (climbing champion)? I beat both the normal and hard versions of the climbing game multiple times, and he's on top of the dojo, but everyone's still saying he's gone. Do I need to find some way to talk to him or is my game bugged lol

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game is so adorable, it's really impressive. Love the cutscenes, adorable animation.

ShadowFlare

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just completed everything, that was fun. Reminds me of the good old days when I spent hours playing flash games.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Bump,. The game reappeared for the Paralympics. It got me motivated to co.plete all 7 challenges as well as the very hard Rock Climbing and Rugby challenges. Those last two were painful to win.