• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedNalgene

Oct 25, 2017
This guy is an absolute monster. $131k JUST TODAY?!?! Watching him is just incredible. I don't see how he loses unless he just gets bored and throws a game

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
This guy is an absolute monster. $131k JUST TODAY?!?! Watching him is just incredible. I don't see how he loses unless he just gets bored and throws a game

Holzhauer is something else.

Ken Jennings earned about 2.5 million dollars over a 74 episode run- an average of 33K per game.

Holzhauer has racked up 697,000 over 10 episodes- an average of $69,000 per game.

At this rate, Holzhauer breaks Jennings Jeopardy record in half the time at 36 games total.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Between Holzhauer and Alex Jacob I'm beginning to think this show would be significantly better if they only allowed professional gamblers on this show

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Even his slow starts end in ridiculous amounts. I'm really enjoying this run.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
I will say his FJs have been a lot easier compared to the other superchamps in his league though. I'm 9 for 11 on them and the two I missed
Berlin and Jane Fonda
were both very gettable (imo)

Last edited:

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
I love watching this guy. He's obviously super bright, and he knows how to manipulate the game board in order to rack up the cash. His aggressiveness will catch up with him one of these days, but it is sure fun to watch.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I think the producers have to be messing with him by putting two daily doubles on the bottom row lol

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
No antenna available? They're pretty cheap. Doesn't help if you can't watch it live though.
Check the jeopardy subreddit for some tips if you can't catch it locally with an antenna. I think you can pick up CBS All Access and spoof your location so you can watch a local broadcast.
Have you tried an antenna?

Yup I have one. I don't get cbs super well with it and the timing of the broadcast is typically not when I happen to be in front of a tv. Would love to pay them to buy a season on iTunes So I could watch before bed. I know there are other ways to get the episodes but I do prefer to pay for content when I can.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Yup I have one. I don't get cbs super well with it and the timing of the broadcast is typically not when I happen to be in front of a tv. Would love to pay them to buy a season on iTunes So I could watch before bed. I know there are other ways to get the episodes but I do prefer to pay for content when I can.

CBS? It comes on NBC for me. That's odd.

Oct 27, 2017
Really wish there was a way to watch this as a cord cutter.
If you have an antenna you probably can. One of the local stations probably carries it. It's available on my local NBC affiliate.

Edit: woops, just now saw that you mentioned having one. Thought about trying to move where you have it? Could get a better reception based on location.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Top three player of all time, no question. I just wonder how he stacks up between Rutter and Jennings.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
YesTV is another antenna channel that shows Jeopardy.

The guy is incredible. Definitely smart, but sometimes his attitude makes him look like a smug arse.

Canklestank

Oct 26, 2017

You could buy an OTA DVR, but if you have reception problems without it, it will probably be worse with it.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

I have wondered this before. It's so weird that Jeopardy is hard to watch for cord cutters. Netflix has a small selection of episodes-all from like 2012 for some reason.