• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
It is a great sadness that I got into Giant Bomb about a month before he passed away. Been a huge fan ever since but still regret having missed Ryan's involvement.

OP
OP
Musubi

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I always loved him. He barely talked about games on the Bombcast in some of the later years but his random topics where just so good.

I specifically remember where I was when I listened to the China Don't Care bit. Never had a chance to meet him but I miss him a lot.

EDIT: And man, he was so good on Twitter too. The above dunk on Mark Ruffalo is so fucking funny.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
citRWwG.jpg

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
think i'll take in some old giant bomb content this weekend

which to be fair is pretty common for me but still

ryan was the best

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I still miss This Ain't No Game. GB has never really been the same for me since Ryan passed.

Nov 2, 2017
I forget who came up with it when he died, but I always loved the idea of changing the "Fuck Ryan Davis" shirt to "Fuck, Ryan Davis"

RIP

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Still the most depressed I've been over a "celebrity" death. I was in a funk for a while with that one.

Rika

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Since he passed I just stopped watching Giant Bomb. It's a shame he passed away, and miss him.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
One of the all-time greats. Giant Bomb and games media in general was never the same.

RIP

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
TANG was my introduction to Giant Bomb.

Miss you, Ryan, you fantastic goof.

TANG and Wonderful World of TANG are some of my GB content.

My favorite Ryan memory is him playing all of Chrono Trigger with Patrick though. GB indeed hasn't been the same since those days.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I miss Ryan Davis, while I started listening to Giant Bomb after his passing, I did listen to a number of the podcasts when people recommended episodes, he was so funny and definitely can see why Giant Bomb was at its peak with him around.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I remember hearing about it 6 years ago at a fourth of July parade. Couldn't beleive it. Still hurts.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Ryan passing away was what led me to addressing that I was nearly 400lbs, getting surgery, getting some better habits, and while I am certainly not skinny by any stretch of the imagination, I am significantly healthier today than I was then

Oct 25, 2017
I got married a few days after him and when he sent out a tweet talking about melting or something I shot back "sweating through that suit?" To which he replied "you know it" I was trying on my suit and myself melting in the summer heat.

Fucking brutal for his wife to have that happen so soon after such a happy day. I miss having him on the podcast every week, even now, and hope his friends and family still hold up well.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
I'll always remember july 3rd for the day we lost him. RIP Ryan

My cat was born on the same day he passed.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
RIP Ryan.

His laugh was so infectious and my favorite part of gamespot and giant bomb were his interactions with Jeff.

Wadatah

Aug 8, 2018
Honestly, I remember being in a real funk after he died. Listening to the podcast every week and following all those guys on Twitter gives you this weird sense of intimacy. You basically hear the riders talk about their lives, their other hobbies, their SOs, and even though it is completely one sided, it still hurt in a different way than way a celebrity died. A movie star dies and you think fuck, I loved their work, but when Ryan Davis died I thought about how he had just gotten married.

He was truly great and the industry, not to mention the world, is a poorer place without him.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Posting again because .. Ryan Davis.. there's no one else like him in the fuckin world.

Rest in peace duder. I hope you're having fun wherever you are.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
I've mentioned this before, but I found out pretty shortly after it happened, before it was made "public." I kept hoping that it was a misunderstanding, checking his Twitter to see if he had posted anything, etc. Like others have mentioned, it really did put me in a funk for days.

I'll always wonder why people use this thread as an opportunity to mention that they "don't like Giant Bomb since he passed." Ya'll know GB staff read and post here, right?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
5 years. Damn, I miss Ryan. Cannot hear the Power song without think of Ryan and that video. Did anyone post it yet?

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
It's wild that it has been this long already.

His was one of the first "celebrity" deaths that actually affected me. I do miss him, and whenever I stumble across an old clip it truly brightens my day.

Rest in peace, Ryan.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I'll always remember the day he passed away since my grandfather passed away on the same day the following year. Kind of similar to how Patrick Klepek's father passed away on the same day the year before Ryan passed away.

One of my favorite memories is getting in on a TNT episode where they played random PSN games and I faced off against Ryan in a game of multiplayer Tetris with four people where he wrecked everybody. I think I still have the GB TNT PSN account on my friends list after all of these years.

Deleted member 7777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have this distinct memory of listening to the bombcast where they talk about Ryan while I was flying home from the Uk. It almost didn't feel real.

RIP , he was an amazing personality gone too soon.

poweld

Nov 1, 2017
Ryan and the crew never failed to lift my spirits on my way to and from a pretty grim job. Miss you, dude.

Troast

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory accusation; History of trolling.
Its evidence Jeff is a sociopath when it comes to this. Vinny was very emotional at the time and always mentions Ryan on his anniversary, but Jeff never gives any thought to Ryan even though he was a co founder of the company, has no emotion at the time or afterwards, and likes to just forget him.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Its evidence Jeff is a sociopath when it comes to this. Vinny was very emotional at the time and always mentions Ryan on his anniversary, but Jeff never gives any thought to Ryan even though he was a co founder of the company, has no emotion at the time or afterwards, and likes to just forget him.
People grieve in different ways.

Last edited:

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

The fact that you would type this about a man you don't know kind of makes you the sociopath

Mur2thetaugh

Dec 12, 2017
Everyone copes with things in different ways. So quick to jump the gun. Fuck outta here with that.