• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Meanwhile at Nintendo

tenor.gif

Hey now, it's not like Zelda is Metroid or anything

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Seems like dead silence on Nintendo's Twitter accounts. Very strange. I know they just announced SS HD, but Aonuma didn't even mention the upcoming anniversary.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
If it's still the 20th for people in the west coast, would Nintendo wait another day to announce something? Or does Nintendo look at Japan's time first to make an announcement?

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
I love the Oracle series, especially Seasons 🌱🌞🍂❄️. Just wanted everyone to know that.

Oct 27, 2017
I still have my golden cart NES game, boxed, complete.

My favorite series, and I look forward to a bright future.
zelda-title-screen.gif

HandyDigitalCoypu-size_restricted.gif

2ea9755c1de3a87c77f5c30cf3309bafc2769bfd.gifv

b4c5ea4328281d31df50145689ff4e626d522814_hq.gif

Termina.gif

tumblr_mss0axBIi11qbc2ylo1_500.gif

tumblr_o3mrpihaDq1qa7ubto2_500.gif

original.gif

5A6F3113E248A79657A4715E7E17D8F795D44BC5
Beautiful.
It's funny because whether or not my opinion on any individual game in this post is "Holy shit this is GREAT!" or "Meh..." they're all HIGH QUALITY games with a ton of love and thought put into them.
I so desperately wish that IPs like Sonic the Hedgehog, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, (3D) Bomberman, etc etc. shared Zelda's fate of maintaining an impeccable pedigree for the past 3+ decades.
Happy 35th Anniversary, LoZ!!

Dopply

Nov 27, 2020
Happy birthday, Zelda! I started the series late (Wind Waker) since my parents thought the series was too violent for me as a little kid, but once I was an adolescent, it was smooth sailing from there (no pun intended). I got the Collector's Edition shortly thereafter and played them all, ingraining myself as a fan for life. Here's to 35 more years and many more.

We talking mainlines Zeldas, or even stuff like the CDi games?

Hey now, even the CD-i games have their charms. But then again, maybe I'm biased lol

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Not enough can be said for how groundbreaking The Legend of Zelda was for the adventure genre in much the same way SMB was for platformers. I'll never forget the first time I played it and hearing the ambient and moody dungeon music with the sound of the boss eerily roaring in the distance when you approached its lair, that was the moment I was hooked:

And last time I checked in 2006 (during the 20th anniversary) the battery save in my gold cart still worked!

Last edited:

snakey2389

May 31, 2019
Still waiting on Zelda 1 and 2 remakes from Nintendo. I'm playing the Third Quest patch for the BS Zelda remake on snes and it's very good. Makes it much more easier and accessible while still maintaining the feel of the 1986 version.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
So is it safe to say Nintendo will release a collection of the older games similar to Super Mario 3D All-Stars? Since I'll buy the shit out of that.

The only mainline game I've played is BotW so I have lot of catching up to do.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
So is it safe to say Nintendo will release a collection of the older games similar to Super Mario 3D All-Stars? Since I'll buy the shit out of that.

The only mainline game I've played is BotW so I have lot of catching up to do.

At best, you will get a 60 bucks collection of OOT and MM.
But the rest? No. WW HD 60 bucks, TW HD 60 bucks, SS HD 60 bucks.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
See this feels a lot more personal to me than Mario's 35th.

I'm currently replaying LttP on NSO and might do the same with the Link's Awakening remake. Might also be a good excuse to finally finish the BotW DLC before the sequel.

I might buy a Wind Waker/Twilight HD double-pack, but I'm not touching that Skyward Sword port, nor the overpriced drift-magnet joycons. Fucking do better Nintendo.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite series even though I never got to play most of them until after BotW came out. I had the N64 version of OoT and that was it. I have to use CEMU to play TP and WW and I hope Nintendo ports them to Switch.

Also, probably an unpopular opinion, but BotW Link is best Link. They finally ditched the goofy hat.
That thing never looked cool.

I've been replaying Wind Waker lately and loving every second of it. Haven't played it since I was a kid, and it's been a blast going through it all again.

I'll be moving on to Twilight Princess next, which I've never played before, as well as some others I missed that a friend recommended to me.

I just played them back to back - but reversed. I like WW's art style better, but I thought TP was the better game overall - minus the slow intro.

Kakadu18

Banned
Dec 31, 2020
Yup, so many good IPs and they just squat on them.

Nintendo's hardware division needs to die and they need to become a strong 3rd party or get bought by one of the players that cares and makes games out of their IPs.

They're just bonfiring their good faith they've built in the early 90's-10's with every anemic direct.

Zelda has some of the most fun games in gaming, also it has some really awful duds.

Twilight Princess is awesome, so is Ocarina of Time, and can't forget Link to the Past and Link Between Worlds.
The fuck is this post!?! Jesus!

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
It's February 21st in Japan

ea44a48747e38ef669015f558985ab83.png

Best Link. Still got my golden carts lying around somewhere here too, great memories from back in the day.

i only just realized that he has the whole inventory with him... is that the only link that was able to do that? all other had that magic bag or whatever...