• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's February 21st in Japan

ea44a48747e38ef669015f558985ab83.png

Best Link. Still got my golden carts lying around somewhere here too, great memories from back in the day.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
well that does explain skyward sword hd announcement yesterday, it was the anniversary zelda game, i honestly forgot it was so soon when that announced

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'd imagine that they'll do a bigger celebration once they are done celebrating Mario's.

Still, happy birthday, Zelda!

Gol

Nov 4, 2017
I assume the announcement of Skyward Sword HD will be the only acknowledgement from Nintendo.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Happy Anniversary, Zelda!

I'm sort of expecting a Zelda direct later in the year where they announce those Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD Switch ports along with other possible Zelda merch.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Would be shocking if they didn't do anything notable for Zelda, they don't usually ignore it like they do Metroid.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
They'll wait for March 29th for Mario's anniversary to be "over" then start the Zelda 35th in proper after that.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
LoZ related - did those AoC animation cells ever go up for grabs on Nintendo's rewards site? I've been banking my points for that, but it seems to have been totally removed instead of it just saying "coming soon"

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I assume the announcement of Skyward Sword HD will be the only acknowledgement from Nintendo.
No, SSHD is just the first acknowledgement along with the AOC DLC.

More stuff I think we'll see through early 2022:
  • The Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD Switch ports ($60 each, lol)
  • eShop online multiplayer game by Grezzo using the Link's Awakening engine
  • Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda with FDS/NES Zelda 1
  • Zelda branded Switch console, joy-cons and pro controller
  • Zelda tie-in promo content for MH Rise and Stories 2
  • Zelda tie-in promo content for Smash
  • BOTW2
  • maybe that fabled mobile Zelda game...

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Best franchise in gaming with some of the all time greatest games. Can't wait for BotW2

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The first Zelda is one of the games that had the biggest on me, a definite leap forward for overhead action-adventures. Now the dungeon music is in my head.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
One of gaming's greatest franchises.

Breath of the Wild is overrated though.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
hip hip!

Nintendo:

Happy 25th Zelda! - Everyone, plz buy Skyward Sword
Happy 35th Zelda! - Everyone, plz buy Skyward Sword HD

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I still never played a Zelda game. Well I played 5 mins of ALTTP on the SNES app but didn't grab me.
I'll leech BOTW2 from my friend when it comes out :p

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
hip hip!

Nintendo:

Happy 25th Zelda! - Everyone, plz buy Skyward Sword
Happy 35th Zelda! - Everyone, plz buy Skyward Sword HD
LOL, I didn't even realize that! Remember being hyped for the 25th and the being dissapointed by the end product. 10 years later and its happening again!

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Platform wars, history of similar behavior
Meanwhile at Nintendo

tenor.gif

Yup, so many good IPs and they just squat on them.

Nintendo's hardware division needs to die and they need to become a strong 3rd party or get bought by one of the players that cares and makes games out of their IPs.

They're just bonfiring their good faith they've built in the early 90's-10's with every anemic direct.

Zelda has some of the most fun games in gaming, also it has some really awful duds.

Twilight Princess is awesome, so is Ocarina of Time, and can't forget Link to the Past and Link Between Worlds.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I mean, the 25th also had Ocarina of Time 3D and Four Swords Anniversary Edition. We'll get more for the 35th too, probably much more.

lol oh no don't make it worse.

But it's only Feb so could still be other things/game(s) coming out end of year.

Yeah ofc I'm only joking =) I'm sure there'll be more...

I just find it funny that they're releasing the same game.
I'm sure we're gonna see OoT AGAIN as well..

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
LOL, I didn't even realize that! Remember being hyped for the 25th and the being dissapointed by the end product. 10 years later and its happening again!

I mean, it's maybe not the best of the franchise, but it's finally the very first real 3D Legend of Zelda for the Switch. 😛

Last edited:

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017

Nintendo's hardware division needs to die and they need to become a strong 3rd party or get bought by one of the players that cares and makes games out of their IPs.

They're just bonfiring their good faith they've built in the early 90's-10's with every anemic direct.

Zelda has some of the most fun games in gaming, also it has some really awful duds.

Twilight Princess is awesome, so is Ocarina of Time, and can't forget Link to the Past and Link Between Worlds.
Zelda is in the healthiest place it's ever been what the hell are you talking about

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My all time favorite series and mental definition of "adventure". Looking forward to celebrating today, and 35 years from now again.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Love this series. I sincerely hope SS HD is not all they have planned when there are so many great games that also deserve to be rereleased.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017

lmao

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Happy Anniversary! Need that Zelda Direct with WWHD, TPHD, OoTHD, MMHD and BOTW2.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
First Zelda is still probably my favorite Zelda. Loved playing it as a kid. And loved revisiting it multiple times as an adult

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Props to surviving this long in the extremely volatile gaming industry as a series.

Here's hoping for great Zelda games now and in the future.

Dec 2, 2017

Obvious troll is obvious.