• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
i actually quite like the way he looks, and that his name is jack

30179.jpg

Of course you do.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
need to get me a job there, if the standards are basic forum/twitter shitposts I think I'm absolutely qualified

SunshinePuppies

One Winged Slayer
Nov 14, 2020
holy fuck kotaku

every year it seems to get worse. It used to be one of my favorite sites for news. Any good alternatives not run gamersgaters?

Deleted member 48828

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 21, 2018
i'm pretty sure the word "fuckboy" has lost all meaning if we're using it to describe an FF character with barely any dialogue besides "CHAOS"

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is with the reaction to this article? So they gave it a spicy (and accurate) headline, who gives a shit? The sensitivity around news articles sometimes... this is some cringe going on in this thread.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
i love the handful of kotaku defenders being like "lol you guys are old."

this is a bad article.

It's completely harmless. The pearl-clutching in this thread is worse than one stupid tongue-in-cheek article that uses the exact same house style GO Media sites have been using for years and years. Put a swear word in a title and everyone on Era becomes Kyle's mom, it's really weird and pointless.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
It's completely harmless. The pearl-clutching in this thread is worse than one stupid tongue-in-cheek article that uses the exact same house style GO Media sites have been using for years and years. Put a swear word in a title and everyone on Era becomes Kyle's mom, it's really weird and pointless.
I have no horse in this race, but your post comes across as completely unhinged from what's going on in this thread. No one is pearl clutching, and no one seems prudish about the "fuck."

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
I have no horse in this race, but your post comes across as completely unhinged from what's going on in this thread. No one is pearl clutching, and no one seems prudish about the "fuck."

The OT is literally about the headline, and so are most of the posts. So tell me where you've seen some kind of more substantial commentary about the article's content, because I haven't seen it.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
The OT is literally about the headline, and so are most of the posts. So tell me where you've seen some kind of more substantial commentary about the article's content, because I haven't seen it.
I think the preoccupation about the headline proves right the posts complaining about it as clickbait. Personally, I think it's done its job for exactly the same reason. It's profit and view-driven. It's cynical. And because of the attention it garners it's exactly the right move for a site like Kotaku.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, I chuckled. It isn't professional, and I can see why some people would roll their eyes, but I still chuckled. *shrug*

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly, only cringy shit are the dorks here who act like this hasn't been kotaku's style for unimportant news forever.

Also it's actually funny lol
I don't know, I chuckled. It isn't professional, and I can see why some people would roll their eyes, but I still chuckled. *shrug*

Exactly. It's not critical news, it's just a light interest piece about a game that's been getting a lot of attention, delivered with a joke that isn't even off-base unless someone here actually disagrees that Jack looks like a normie fuckboy. Who cares?

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Only offensive thing here is having a thread dedicated to shittalk a writer's skill and mental health for trying to make a funny article out of a boring newsbyte.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
The different costumes were in the announcement trailer. I guess a lot of people didn't notice because they're all so drab and colorless so they blended into each other .

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see a lot of pearl-clutching.

I see a bad article being poked lightly fun at.

It's harmless, yeah. But it's also not very funny or very informative and a on track with some other sloppy articles that author has written. Believe it or not, articles should be edit before being published -- if you want long form, interesting shit posting check out Tim Rogers. This ain't it.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see a lot of pearl-clutching.

I see a bad article being poked lightly fun at.

It's harmless, yeah. But it's also not very funny or very informative and a on track with some other sloppy articles that author has written. Believe it or not, articles should be edit before being published -- if you want long form, interesting shit posting check out Tim Rogers. This ain't it.

Or, you can accept the fact that Kotaku is a site that does both side by side, and has done for many years, and there's nothing wrong with that, and not fill a thread with embarrassing hand-wringing over it.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
Or, you can accept the fact that Kotaku is a site that does both side by side, and has done for many years, and there's nothing wrong with that, and not fill a thread with embarrassing hand-wringing over it.
I guess we're just gonna have to disagree here. Current leadership at Kotaku isn't what it used to be, imo and it shows. I don't think ribbing a bad article is as serious as you're making it out to be.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
This has always been Kotaku's tone. I understand disliking it, but why insist that it's new? Or blame the change in editors? Especially when the old editor is responsible for some genuinely bad shit, and this is at worst, an irreverent headline?

lairo

May 28, 2020
I would actually love to read a site with bullshit fun shit post takes every once in a while mixed with the regular news about gaming. But not Kotaku, that place is literally unusable from all the ads and videos covering the screen. HMU if you know of any.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
The Starlord for the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy is the real Square-Enix Normie Fuckboy here.