• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
No you have something there. If they sell merchandise which most bands do and have been using it in commerce in the US they have a vested interest in protecting the use of their name and may object because the public may also associate the mark with them as well. Like Kylie minogue stopping Kylie Jenner trademarking Kylie

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
As an OSU alum, the "the" thing is a little obnoxious, but I hope it's granted just to piss everyone off even more lol

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
er, no, this is actually old news and we have been discussing it on ut message boards for a long time, including a member of the school in question chiming in. Ut is not playing ball, they arent going to license it. Thats precisely why i had the georgia tech example on the quick draw, because we have been talking about it.

gotya, its just its fairly common for a lot of universities (and its very frequent right now) and most just play ball.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Ohhh and the logo thing with Texas. My high school had to change our logo as well. We use to have the Wisconsin W and it's a different style now because of copyright.

I was gone before the change so I have the old logo on my helmet.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought high schools and below used common professional sports team names all the time.