• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I liked the Volkswagon Beetle since 4 years ago, while still in school. I was hoping I get to save up enough money to buy one.

I now have enough savings to buy one, but I now realized my favorite car is going out of production, the car model is no longer available anywhere near where I lived, and the car color I plan to buy is no longer available to purchase.

I'm sad... My 2nd lifetime broken dream thus far...

1st dream was getting married. That's out of the window for a while.

Update:

My dream car is getting a recall.

Update 2:

Bought my dream car!

Last edited:

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's called buying used. And before you say there are none close by, cars can be shipped almost anywhere if you want it enough.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure you could find one on the used market.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
You know used cars are a thing, right?

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Sexist joke.
If you don't mind it bit of ware, an exhaust that kicks out terrible fumes 24/7 and an engine that refuses to work on cold mornings I'm on the lookout for a good home for my wife.

Nov 23, 2017
I believe in you OP. You'll find one one day if you look hard enough at second hand stuff.

Edit: You need to get out of the catch 22 you set up for yourself.
If its not avaialble new you have to get it used.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Beetle was your dream car?
Also, nothing wrong with used, just use reputable proxy when buying one.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Uhh whatever your training was you should thank your luck. It just saved you thousands in depreciation. Get a 2017 with 10k miles on it for like 10k less money. Go on vacation
Edit - 2019 .... Get one next year . Also every feature can be added to cars now

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Like what?

What school did you go to?

WPI at Massachusetts. A long time ago, a colleague in a different major than me bought a second-handed used car, and told me some of the negatives about the car itself. At first I didn't believe this, but as she continued to complain more and more about it, I started to get a bit wary...

I probably was "conditioned" to believe used cars are bad.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
My dream car the 2006 E46 M3 in the specification I want gets harder to find and more expensive every day and im nowhere near close to getting one. my perfect one is around 40 to 50 grand. You can get one that some kid drove to shit and modified themselves with 80,000 to 100,000 miles for about $15 to 20,000 but I don't want that.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
No, it was at school, and I got the impression used cars are not as high of quality as they should be.

You realize that depends on who the previous owner was and how they treated the car, right?

I never bought a new car and I probably never will. Biggest money sink people just blindly walk into without looking at alternatives.

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
WPI at Massachusetts. A long time ago, a colleague in a different major than me bought a second-handed used car, and told me some of the negatives about the car itself. At first I didn't believe this, but as she continued to complain more and more about it, I started to get a bit wary...

Oh wow, the anecdotes of a single person.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Conditioned because of one person's problems with theirs? Come on.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017

Used cars are as bad as the previous owner(s), there are plenty used cars in pristine condition.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Don't generalize her one experience into a general idea that buying a used car is an inherently negative experience. Lots of people end up very happy with their used cars.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm only looking for new 2019 Beetle cars, because they have something I really like. At school, there were discussions about buying used cars, and they have some pros and cons, with the cons being a bit scary for me to think about.
There's nothing wrong with a lightly used or certified pre-owned car. Completely different from buying some old ass car from a buy here pay here lot ran by Matilda's dad Harry Wormwood.
If you're been saving up for years, then you can't afford a new car.
That's not necessarily true at all.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
buying a car brand new is like one of the top 10 stupidest things you can do with your money

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017

I'm pretty sure you shouldn't take one person's experiences with one car as indicative of the entire used vehicle market.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Don't generalize her one experience into a general idea that buying a used car is an inherently negative experience. Lots of people end up very happy with their used cars.
Well, ok then.

But if we considered the current situation , used 2019 Volkswagon Beetle with a blue or a variant of blue color exterior is still pretty hard to find.

so he's easily conditioned. don't hold it against him.

I admit that's probably me at the time. It was very daunting to live out in the world by myself.

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Buy this instead. Way better than a boring ass beetle
images

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA