• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I was reading the Rugrats wiki page for some reason today and I saw a little footnote that said that Tommy and Angelica were in a game called "Super Brawl Universe". I assumed it was some random flash game on the Nick website or something, but it's actually a F2P mobile game with decent production values that came out back in March.

Gameplay-wise it's a mediocre clone of Marvel Contest of Champions, but inherently funnier since you have trained martial artists and robots beating the shit out of little kids and babies. The graphical quality isn't too bad though, I'm used to zero-effort Nicktoons games like the crappy kart racer that came out for consoles a while back but the characters in this are actually translated to 3D pretty well, and you can tell the devs tried to incorporate the ways they move in their respective shows into their animations.

Also, the roster is kind of insane. There are picks from Spongebob, Rugrats, Danny Phantom, Invader Zim, Rocko's Modern Life, Avatar, TMNT, The Loud House, Fairly OddParents, My Life as a Teenage Robot, CatDog, Hey Arnold, and... some dabbing kid from a newer show called Kid Danger. Still, that's some pretty crazy range and makes me wish they'd pull a Power Rangers and do a full-fledged traditional fighting game with these assets.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
nMJbAgm.png

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
That sounds like a pretty insane roster, but it's nice to see that Danny Phantom & Jenny got some love in this.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
I was reading the Rugrats wiki page for some reason today and I saw a little footnote that said that Tommy and Angelica were in a game called "Super Brawl Universe". I assumed it was some random flash game on the Nick website or something,
It's a sequel to one.
Super_Brawl.jpg

Nick made an entire series of Super Brawl flash games, and this is merely the sixth installment in the series.

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
Super Smash Brothers -> Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle -> Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up -> Super Brawl Universe

Though I don't think Helga and Cosmo will be DLC characters 4 and 5.

OP
OP
Camjo-Z

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what's stunning me more here: that this exists or that you can beat up the Rugrats.

Disney: OK, you can make a Mickey Mouse game, but he can't directly attack any foes with aggressive violence. Maybe he can throw apples or bounce on the enemies' heads or something. And the idea of having him "die" and "lose a life" is too gruesome, how about calling them "tries"?

Nick: yeah sure you can have tommy pickles get knocked the fuck out

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it doesn't have all the characters from the previous five games then WHAT'S THE POINT!? Go big or go home!

B1ggRandall

Oct 27, 2017
I can now kick Angelica ass!!! I waited my whole life for this shit!! She is my most hated cartoon character ever! LMAO

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nick has a long history with "fighting" games. One I used to play a lot as a kid was Danny Phantom Ultimate Enemy Face Off where you'd design a ghost and fight other ghosts.

Danny-Phantom-The-Ultimate-Enemy-Face-Off.gif