• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
The past three years have had me at 11 because of Trump, so....still at 11 I guess.

God, I'm just lucky that my job is actually benefiting from all this.

Nilson

Nov 5, 2017
taking walks by myself, not looking at the news or era too much. Early yesterday I felt super depressed/hopeless, but my parents ended up finding toilet paper which genuinely made me feel so much better. I messaged all my friends yesterday and video chatted a few. It's nice to see real people surviving and joking around. I'll get used to not working (barista) though I'm a little nervous about canceling my therapy for the time being... but yeah, the news cycle rn is making everyone anxious af. Stay strong all < 3

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
My anxiety hasn't been diagnosed as a specific type yet. Most of it is triggered by stress or my PTSD.

The news is making me a little stressed but isn't upsetting me as much as I thought it would. I think it's more frustration with the government and the media that's stanning the government's complete mishandling of this whole thing. Luckily all the people in my apartment complex seem to be taking everything seriously so that's slightly comforting. The isolation though is taking it's toll.

I've been at home since Friday and it's been rough. My friends all of the sudden aren't responding to texts often if at all. My coworkers, even though WFH, aren't responding to chat messages much, and as time goes on I'm feeling even more isolated than I would have otherwise. I'm scared that if something happens to me I won't have anyone that can/will help. Even if my coworkers are alerted none of them live less than 45 minutes from me and may opt not to. Just feeling really bad an alone right now. Tried playing some games online but no one interacts with me on there.

I feel like a ghost.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm doing surprisingly better than expected, all things considered. But there's still a fair bit of anxiety in the back of my mind.

Agent_J

Oct 30, 2017
I'm honestly scared out of my mind. How will I make money? How will I pay rent and bills? Currently going through a divorce and all courts are in a panic and being postponed yet I still have lawyer fees. I don't know how I can make my car payments. I don't even know how I can take care of my daughter. I'm legitimately terrified right now.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
On one hand, I'm in a rural area, so isolation and social distancing is a way of life. On the other, my nan is in her last weeks of life, thanks to brain cancer, and requires constant support from her family, because the rural health services are naturally limited, so there's a very real fear of the repurcusions should any of us contract the virus.

"Is my chest tight because I've caught the bloody thing, or is it just my constant state of panic???"

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So far I'm pretty indifferent.
The worse is yet to come though, so we'll see how it changes. Hopefully the world can get through this soon enough

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly putting most of my eggs in the New Horizons basket. The thought of escaping to a world that isn't a nightmarish hellscape has been the one thing keeping my mind off of things.

I've also upped my med dosages, which has been somewhat helpful, but it's still far from a cure-all.

I know the combo what would make the biggest difference (exercise + eating well + Buddhist meditation—a routine I would recommend to anyone, especially now), but it's often easier said than done when you're already feeling unsettled.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been diagnosed, but my anxiety was so bad over the weekend I barely ate. Oddly enough, as soon as I went to work and had other things to do to take my mind off that I felt a lot better since.

Dunno how you guys with disorders do it.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Too anxious to get my anxiety diagnosed.

Anyjoo, I do better when I can get away from the media reports, but that's almost impossible these days. I live in a state of perpetual dread, and it doesn't look like it's going away any time soon.

OP
OP
ThisThingIsUseful
Oct 31, 2017
I haven't been diagnosed, but my anxiety was so bad over the weekend I barely ate. Oddly enough, as soon as I went to work and had other things to do to take my mind off that I felt a lot better since.

Dunno how you guys with disorders do it.

Being distracted with friends, family or even at work have always worked when the anxiety is just perpetually there.

toadsworth

Oct 25, 2017
Poorly!

My sister is 6 months pregnant, my brother can no longer pay his brooklyn rent and my parents will likely now have to work until they die. Laid in bed for hours last night. Might be time to quit lurking here.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I've had heightened anxiety over the world after the IPCC report in 2018 that is compounded by the current administration. I'm now on an extra anxiety medication and a sleeping pill.

I've been fairly calm about all this because it feels like there are things that I can do about it, as opposed to slow-moving existential threats such as climate change.

Oct 27, 2017
My anxiety surrounds my breathing, this is a respiratory virus. It's some bullshit. Glad I gave up smoking 8 years ago. Been exercising more, doing deep breathing exercise, drinking more water and sleeping until I wake up on my own. I've also been working heavily on accepting the situation. This may kill me or someone near to me. That's just the truth of it all. Chances remain low of that happening and I am hopeful for the 100s of trials going on right now testing all sorts of treatments and cures. When all else fails. I look at wildlife and keep in mind that this virus may actually be good for the animals and the planet. It's simply nature at the end of the day. No reason to be angry or scared. Just take care of your body the best you can and try to enjoy your day.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind having to quarantine personally, but I was trying to find a job when this all started and that looks like it won't happen for a while. That's freaking me out far more than the virus.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
I have GAD and its flared up pretty significantly. I don't know what to do to help myself feel better. I take SSRIs and it barely registers.

I have physical symptoms like chest pains, bruxism, achey legs, tingling sensation and ironically, flu like symptoms which is brought on by my anxiety.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Touch and go. I had issues last night about going into work today. Because of the news I had my anxiety confused with symptoms. I had a bad headache, tight chest and short breath and worn down. Once I checked my heart rate, and remembered I had been woken up early, I realized what was going on and was able to relax enough in time for bed. Medication would be nice, but there's no way I could afford the drs visits.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Not well, especially given I've had a cold. I have a thermometer I keep near me and keep checking my temp, I haven't had a fever yet though or a cough. My wife's unit at the hospital is where they are putting Covid patients so I feel like getting it is inevitable, and I have other health issues that would make it really bad. I don't want to die drowning in my own fluids. I work at a school and that's been called off for 3 weeks, so money-wise we're in a rough spot as well.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
kG8q6WK.jpg

I look to the future and I see a future where my life could be in ruin.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
the world matches what has been going on in my head for 20+ years so like... I'm used to it already? sorta?

i feel very built for the hermit life.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
I'm already dealing with enormous anxiety because of my PhD and not being able to leave the house doesn't make that better.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Mixed.

Family is in good health, job is stable. We have all our extended family taking this very seriously as well.

but... we just moved to a new house and we have our house going up for sale.

So the potential of two mortgages has me terrified.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
I've lessened the amount of news I watch and honestly I've stopped going on Era as much. I don't think we realize how much we tend to catastrophize when expressing ourselves online. I've been trying to focus only on what I can control and my family. I think you should try to do the same. Hope that helps in some small way. Its tough but you just have to find ways to block out some of the noise that surrounds all of us.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I have GAD, as well.

I mean, all things considered... OK? Like, I can still work and function, for the most part. But I'm on edge. Things that I can usually brush off and not obsess over are triggering manic responses and I'm definitely more irritable than usual.

The hardest thing about is that the coronavirus just feels all-consuming sometimes. I feel like it's on my mind 50-60% of the day, at least indirectly. That's a hard thing to shake. My fiancée have been doing movie nights after we wrap up work (we're both working from home) and that's been a nice escape. I've also been playing a lot more video games.

Not being able to do much outside is very isolating, though. My only time out of the house is walking my dog around the block. Being in a dense part of Chicago makes it very hard to avoid contact with people otherwise.

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I was about to get medication for the first time when the offices closed down so I'm without help. I've basically been shitting my guts out from stress for a week now, which is stressing me out more

16bitnova

Oct 28, 2017
I have social anxiety disorder. So staying home as much as possible is actually a great stress relieving feeling for me. Although I still have to work. I work in pharmaceuticals. Although I feel quite proud of what I'm doing right now to help all the hospitals and patients. First time in a long while that I feel like what I'm doing means something.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
The "calm and orderly in an emergency" side of me has been overriding the anxious side.

It's like... I'll get worried about running into a bear if I walk through the woods. But then if I actually do run into a bear in the woods, despite all that worry, in the moment I'll just be like, "Snap das a bear" and walk away. It's like that, except it's a pandemic and not a bear. This is just a thing that's happening, I have no control over it in general terms, but I have control over my response to it and know what to do. I'm okay with all of that. Y'know, in an immediate sense.

Please ignore that the bear analogy makes no sense

Oct 27, 2017
Keeping busy, working out and playing video games with friends online. I have social anxiety and used to get panic attacks. Working out makes me too tired to think about the what ifs through out the day.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If anything I feel better because it's justifying my anxiety. A combination of "First time?" and "You merely adopted the anxiety..."

bamf26

Nov 2, 2017
My anxiety has definitely flared up a bit. I still haven't adjusted to the lack of my gym or sports which were my way to wind down and clear my head each day after work.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
It's making me sad. I've had Social anxiety for a long time. Recently (about 1 and half years ago) I've been making good progress to overcome it like going to the gym, trying to talk to new faces and an ambitious plan (unlikely now) to solo travel overseas in July to meet new people and learn cultures. Now with with recent events, it's making me depressed. I hear the news, that this outbreak might take a long time to overcome, I feel like my progress in combating my social anxiety is being hindered (gyms being closed for a good reason of course) and it's making me sad. I feel like I'm going to revert back to my old ways... ie, staying home most of the day which is good for the current health climate I guess..... I don't know anymore....stressing me out

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm struggling at work, due to the situation putting a lot of pressure on us and, well, the situation being fluid and ever-changing (think a combination of anxiety and high-functioning autism means I like to keep things ordered and stable, which is obviously impossible right now).

Actually not that worried about the virus - I think I'm more sensitive to the palpable unease in the air though, and everyone being on edge. Hoping I can get put on some of the less stressful duties at work and just keep my head down while I get through this.

Oct 25, 2017
Very poorly seeing as every outlet I can use to not think about it is covered with jokes or news about the virus, or like the NBA, is gone

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Not well at all, facebook memes are keeping me going as well as video games, but I am terrified. Just utterly terrified and anxious.